main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH What Comic Book Movie do you want to see made next?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    There are already so many in the works, but what comics do you really want to see get made into movies?

2. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
  3. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Did they make a comic about barbie? I think I missed that one...Was it Marvil or DC? 8-}

4. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Fantastic Four when it comes out

5. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    oooo I don't think I knew they were making that one!

6. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    I believe its coming out late next year

7. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I've heard that Avi Arad is making The Fantastic Four as a "family oriented comedy." So I have major doubts about how good it will be.

As for me, I just want to see more Spider-Man movies of the same quality as 2.

8. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    I really hope that isnt the case, because the movie has such potential

9. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I would really like to see more X-Men, More SpiderMan, Thor could be interesting, I saw on IMDB that they are making a Blade III. I have no desire to see Catwoman, looks like they completely botched that. I've said it before, I just hope AvP doesn't suck. I think a new Captain America based in present day fighting terrorism would be a good idea. I liked the first Hulk, but I'm not sure it was well enough liked for a 2nd installment...

10. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    X3, Spiderman 3, both are coming, in 2006, and 2007 respectively

Blade Trinity is coming in December, and from the preview, looks really good

I'd always love to see Thor, and you're right AJ, Captain America would really work in this time

11. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    It used to be a cartoon series, but they turned it into a comic book:

G.I. Joe

A PG-13 rated movie based on the original G.I. Joe TV concept would be very interesting and relevant to do.

Same goes for The Transformers... But that one will have to wait because of the risk of screwing it up too much.

12. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I knew both X3 and Spiderman 3 were going to happen, just didn't know when, good to know when though, thanks! Halley Berry isn't going to be storm in X3 correct? That's What I've heard anyways, some contract disputes etc. Plus it's something of a conflict of interest with her being both Storm (Marvel) and Catwoman (DC) IMO

EDIT: I have thought about the Transformers idea, and with the CGI capabilities now a live action Transformers is definately a possibility! (as long as it's based on the original series, no beast wars, no armada; I want my Optimus just the way I remember him!)

Doesn't the guy who ownes the GI Joe license live around here?

13. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    AJ, how about Josie and the Pussycats? Didn't they have a comic/cartoon? :D

14. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    There already is a Josie and the Pussycats movie. It wasn't very good.

There is a G.I. Joe and a Transformers movie in development right now.

I'm most looking forward to the new Iron Fist movie, but I would really love a Danney Ketch/Ghost Rider movie!

15. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Ghost Rider is in the works i'm pretty sure. Nick Cage is the lead from what I've heard.

edit:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259324/

IMDB lists Cage as Ghost Rider

16. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Cool! Thanks.

17. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
  18. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    What about a Smurf movie???!!! 8-}

19. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I want an updated Care Bears Movie.

20. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm Coo COO for Coco Puffs!!! 8-} 8-} 8-}

CARE BEARS ARE CUTE AND FUZZY!!!! [face_skull]

21. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I know there's been imitations in the past - some good, some not. But I'd love to see a really good movie about The Flash. :D

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Okay, first things first. Yes, there was a Barbie comic series from Marvel in the late 80s/early 90s. It was actually Marvel's most subscribed to comic.

Now I shall prove my comic geekiness by listing the status of every comic movie I know of.

Batman Begins (DC)- Currently filming. Christian Bale is Batman/Bruce Wayne. Forget the last 2 Batman movies, they're doing this one right.

Blade: Trinity (Marvel)- Currently doing re-shoots. Out in October or November.

Catwoman (DC)- Out in a couple weeks. Expect long lines at the exits as people run from this movie.

Death: The High Cost of Living (DC/Vertigo)- Series creator Neil Gaiman is apparently still set to write and direct this, but his newest novel is his main priority right now.

Elektra (Marvel)- Daredevil spin-off; currently filming. Jennifer Garner is back and the costume will be closer to the one from the comics this time.

Fables (DC/Vertigo)- A script was written, but there hasn't been anything new announced in months.

Fantastic Four (Marvel)- Has a script and director. Cast is expected to be announced any day now. Michael Chiklis is all but confirmed as Ben Grimm/Thing. Some guy named Ioan Gruffodd is rumored to be Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic. Rachel McHenry is rumored to be Sue Storm/Invisible Woman.

Ghost Rider (Marvel)- Begins filming later this year. Nicholas Cage is Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. Daredevil writer/director Mark Steven Johnson handles those jobs again.

Hellboy 2 (Dark Horse)- Recently greenlighted. Ron Pearlman and Guilermo Del Torro will return as star and writer/director respectively.

Hulk 2 (Marvel)- Apparently a script is being written. Be afraid.

Iron Fist (Marvel)- In development hell. Ray Park is apparently out as Danny Rand/Iron Fist.

Iron Man (Marvel)- Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar have written a script. Tom Cruise and some guy named Simon Rex are both rumored to want the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Man-Thing (Marvel)- Out later this year.

Namor, the Sub-Mariner (Marvel)- Chris Columbus (Harry Potter 1 & 2) recently signed on to direct this. I have no idea why.

Punisher 2 (Marvel)- Not gonna happen right now.

Sin City (Dark Horse)- Currently filming; adapting four or five of the comics' stories. (Think the seperate storylines in Pulp Fiction.) Really, really long cast list. Robert Rodriguez and comic creator Frank Miller are co-directing. This one is going to be good.

Spider-Man 3 (Marvel)- Well, Spidey 2 just came out today. Give 'em a little time. Sam Raimi, Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have all said Spidey 3 will be their last Spidey movie.

Superman (DC)- Has a script, a second director was just fired from the movie for taking too long in casting.

Watchmen (DC)-Darren Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream) is attatched to direct. David Hayter (X-Men, X2) has written the screenplay.

Way of the Rat (CrossGen)- Scorpion King director Chuck Russell was supposed to be writing and directing but nothing new has been said in over a year and CrossGen Comics just filed for bankruptcy. Don't get in line for this one just yet.

Wonder Woman (DC)- Jennifer Lopez has recently stated she'd like to cause fans of the comic to go on killing sprees by donning the star-spanged bikini of Wonder Woman.

X-Men 3 (Marvel)- An X3 article. Berry will be offered the role of Storm again. And it will be a bigger role this time. Part of the story is going to be the Dark Phoenix. With Dark Phoenix and Storm both being large parts of the moive, and appearences by Beast and Gambit, expect this movie to clock in at somewhere just under 8 or 9 hours.

23. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    there was already a Captain America movie and it blew chunks
    there was also an unreleased movie for the justice league it should stay that way until done right
    what about doing Lady Death or Evil Ernie

24. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I would love to see a 100 bullets movie made.

25. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Catwoman (DC)- Out in a couple weeks. Expect long lines at the exits as people run from this movie.... :D I believe you are right DonC. I think alot of people don't want to see Catwoman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.