main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think about this impending war?

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Jedi_Junkie, Mar 17, 2003.

?

What do you think about this impending war?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. I'm all for it!

77.8%
  2. Mixed Feelings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Think it's for the Wrong Reasons

22.2%
  4. Peace at All Costs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other - Explain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
  2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Go USA!!!! :D

3. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Here's what I posted when the subject came up on the Cleveland board.

Saddam is already breaking the UN requirements for disarmament. Since the beginning he's been playing a game of 3 card Monty. If the diplomacy way is continued he *might* show us the little stuff he has in one hand, while he continues to keep the other behind his back. The only way we'll know for sure that he isn't a threat is to remove him from power and go in to all the sites at basically the same time to ensure he isn't just playing "hide the missiles". Either that or just blow them all up. Either way works for me.

Once he and his corrupt people are removed we need to establish a stable environment for the Iraqi people. They're the ones that ultimately suffer in all this mess. One fact that I think plays a MAJOR role in this is that 20% of the WORLDS oil reserve is under the desert sands of Iraq. 20% of the WORLD. So few people see the BILLIONS generated from this oil and the majority toil away and live well below the acceptable standard of living. The new government in Iraq needs to be the regulating authority on the income from this oil and take care of its people. Much in the way that Native Americans have their system set up. Not that we'll open that can of worms though.

It really reminds me of the Korea situation. WHY in the world are you making weapons of mass destruction (any at all for that matter) when you have people starving and dying every day because of the poverty and poor living conditions. Take care of your people. I just don't get it. NO ONE cares about the sandball you call home. Besides the oil no one would even want to have a claim in the area. And if someone invades you there's always help from other countries. The boarders have for the most part all been clearly established. No one invades and takes over countries these days. Especially not bigger ones such as Iraq. Feed your people first, then you can think about making an army, etc. If every country did this first we wouldn't have as many problems as we do today. The Iraqi people have the potential to be some of the richest people in the world but in the current situation the rich get richer and the poor die. That's what it boils down to. Now I'm not talking about communism here but for goodness sake there's value in human life and if it means giving people money free and clear it's dang well worth it. If it takes us going over and cleaning house and starting over then I'm all for it. These changes WILL NOT take place unless Saddam and his minions have been removed from power. They will not step down and thus must be removed. We don't even want to kill their military. We need them to defend the country once we leave. The ones that are loyal to Iraq and not just to Saddam are the ones we need to keep around. They're the ones that will likely surrender, which is a good thing, because they're not interested in dying for Saddam.

I will agree that our reasons may not be as well intended as they are being portrayed and that's always unfortunate but what we accomplish along the way is going to be good for everyone involved. Ends do not justify the means. The reasons we have given are worthy ones.

Jake Ehrichs
    corranhornjje

4. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I think the US should pull out of the UN all together, I have thought this ever since the second I heard that the representative from Lybia is in charge of human rights and the rep in charge of disarmament is from....IRAQ!!!!! These facts by themself make the UN illegitamate in my book. What meaning is in their words and threats if after 12 years and as many resolutions has not produced any results in Iraq. The UN is a joke to Saddam and that is the one thing that madman and I have in common.

5. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    As I stated in a previous post, I am not excited that good people will die because of bruised egos on both sides of leadership. I was in the first round with Iraq in the 24th Mechanized Division, I sat in the deserts of Saudi Arabia from Aug till Jan then "toured" Iraq from Feb till April. The whole thing sucked major! This round will not be as easy as the last one, casualties on both side will be more numerous and NBC agents,(weapons of mass destruction), are probably going to be used, that is hell on earth and no one deserves it. If we are going to do this I sincerely hope our military pulls no punches and destroys anyone or anything that gets in our way, no holds barred. I sincerely want to see Saddam thrown out with yesterdays garbage but I have to wonder why now and not sooner, there is more going on behind closed doors then what we are being told this war is all about. BUT I am an American and a proud veteran so my heart is behind my country and that's about all I can say. Pray for our troops if you believe in that sort of thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.