main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if you woke up and could use the Force?RR(TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by G2Jedi, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    i just realised that Agent_Jaid is...somewhere. unknown. :) yan yan, too...any idea where we're going with the throne room scene? i'm very stuck. :S

2. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    We'er in the throne room already and are already out.(Go back a page and reread.;-) )

3. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    OOC: just a heads up...

There might be a posibility of recovering info off my crashed Hardrive. but I won't know for a couple of days.

(right now i'm using another computer which I am not allowed to alter or add to)

4. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    GLad to hear you'er doing alrightM ark, even if a little slowed down. Keep the updates coming, they'er most welcome.

5. xeryn_

xeryn_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    I ran. I tore through corridors, turned sharply round corners, lungs screaming for breath and still I ran. I had to get out of here, but I didn?t know how. I could hear them all racing behind, trying to catch up and unknowingly turned the corridor, ran through the opening doors and into a dead end.

Oh no. With a sinking feeling I noticed too late it was a landing platform I had run onto, there was no way out from here. Below, streams and streams of traffic were moving at top speed, if the fall didn?t kill me the vehicles would. I was trapped, and time had run out.

They were here. I whirled around as they all ran in, door hissing shut behind them and closing off the one escape route there was. No! My eyes darted around looking for the escape route which wasn?t there, and I backed away desperately as they moved in closer, automatically moving backwards until I felt the cold metal of the railings press into my back. I was well and truly trapped, and everyone knew it.

No way out. No way out. To jump over the railings would mean certain death, unless ? no, wait. Something in my mind...

Jump.

Sidious! Providing an escape option, no doubt. Suddenly I felt angry, much like a cornered cat determined not to go down without a fight. Or one determined to have the last laugh. I stared at the Jedi long and hard, giving each one a cold glare. They wouldn?t get me. Well, I always wanted to do this. I smirked suddenly, eyes dancing with the knowledge I was going to get away with everything and then jumped quite purposely off the platform.

It was my second jump and freefall in a short span of time, and their reactions were instantaneous. Samuel, the first person I had ever met in this galaxy, lunged forward and managed to catch hold on my cloak. I gagged, for a moment caught off-guard by the sudden stop in my fall, then reached and undid the clasp that held it together around my throat. Samuel was left holding a meaningless black cloak while I fell again.

This time I felt two minds reach out with the Force and try to halt my fall, but I prised off their grip, and was vaguely surprised to feel another mind doing so alongside me. I was home free now; and I nearly grinned as I sensed more than saw a speeder position itself in my line of descent. I used the Force to stabilize my fall, and cushion myself as I hit the speeder. Déjà vu, but this time I was prepared for the sudden burst of temporary pain. I no doubt landed easier than I had the last time, and got up from my sprawled position and climbed into the backseat.

I fell into a light sleep quite fast, waking up when I knew we?d reached our destination, a hangar. The driver of the speeder was probably one of Sidious? underlings, he directed me to a particular ship. I boarded and made my way to one of the cabins after asking the pilot where the ship was headed, although I had a pretty good idea. His answer was what I?d expected ? Naboo.

I sort of figured my master was handling important business if she hadn?t come to get me yet. Still, I felt uneasy ? and just a bit hurt.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Mavi led the way down the corridor. She knew they needed to catch up with the Queen and her party, and get out of there, before the others found them.

They both raced down the hall. Soon Lady Mavi stopped, and turned towards a huge statue. She carefully walked behind it, and began to run her fingers on the wall behind it. She reached out..her eyes closed as she felt for a small switch or sensors.....

*click*

A portion of the wall opened. Lord Nevel then stepped in front of her, and walked in first, with she following quickly behind him.

"How did you...?" Lord Nevel asked.

Mavi smiled. "I remembered seeing it in the plans the Queen showed us eariler."

Lord Nevel's eyebrow went up, but he said nothing. He simply nodded.

They both speed down the shadowy corridors.

7. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    The smoke was filling up the corridor fast, and we had to think of a way into the throne room quickly.

"Come," Maul said shortly, and i followed him to the windows at the side of the area. With a small gesture, he unlocked the huge window frame and pushed it outwards. Both of us jumped quickly onto the ledge outside, just in time to see several cables attached to the upper ledge and several familiar figures descending from ascension guns (oh, the irony) down the building.

Maul's eyes sharpened in triumph as he whipped out his lightsabre instantly and drew it in a deadly red arc that snapped every one of the cables. i looked over the edge and saw those hanging by its support plunge straight down into the falls below.

Well, if they survived it, good for them.

Priorties mattered now though, and Maul and I jumped into the throne room through the open window the jedi had come out from. Only the Neimoidians were left in the it, and my master and I glared at them, as if daring them to speak.

They glanced uneasily at each other, obviously speechless.

8. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    The taught cable aprutply slackened, a flash of terror flashed through the woman's mind but only showed for an instant in her eyes. Should she stop their descent to the falls below and risk blowing her cover. brown eyes quickly took in details as time slow to an agonising crawl. She made her descion. An almost inperceptiable force shove to manuver the group closer to the palace side, hopefully they'd land on a ledge.

Qui Gon and Obi Wan reacted instantly. They had sensed the Sith's approach. A surge in the Force clued the jedi in to Maul's intentions.All of the jedi with the queen's entourage felt the dark presense in the force of Darth Maul and his apprentice, Saritis. Using their Jedi ablities to slow down the descent of the group. The padawan and Jedi master were busy keeping track of several people. A few of them landed on the ledge with Qui Gon while another was a floor below. Two handmaidens were safly perched on their ledge looking around assessing the situation. Obi Wan gently grasped Panka with the force to keep him from toppling off another ledge to the great falls.

The tiny force shove had caused the small woman to miss her own landing spot, but at least the others made it. As she dropped, her hand quickly grabbing the stonly window ledge. The abrupt stop jarred the bones, and muscles in her arm sending shockwaves of pain through her body and mind, numbing her arm. She shuit her eyes, jaw clentched, then gasped. The Nabooan queen dangled thousands of feet above the roaring falls. They rivaled Earth's Angel and Nirgara falls in size. A thick mist rose from them making Amidala's hand hold wet and much harder to hang onto.. Her clothing becoming sodden, making her shiver just enough to add insult to injury. The Queen dropped the useless ascention gun into the falls, grabbing the ledge firmly in both hands and pulled up. She moved a small inch and gasped. A quick mental assessment of her body saiud her left shoulder probably dislocated at the worst, wrenched muscles at best. Either way they protested loudly to being used. Any movement with it sent starbursts of pain. being two levels below therest, a rescue would be difficult. Using the foce to pull herself up wasn't an option. Something else was, she was far enough away to do it without being detected by the Jedi. Looking back up the queen saw all of her group were safe and a robed figure was making his way down to her. The small woman let go with her injured arm and hanging on with her uninjured one, concentraiting on 'sticking' the fingers to the ledge and bracing her feet against the slipperly, wet building to add support..In hopes to buy herself some time while the Jedi Padawan got closer.

Hurry.

She thought to herself watching him force jump from ledge to ledge. her 'sticky finger' skill was normally an easy skill but it seemed as insurmountable as climbing up Mount Everst with a pogo stick. her resources to mask her true idntity from the ever increasing Jedi population was putting a terrible toll on the young woman. Her concentration wavering, fingers were numb from holding so long she couldn't feel them.

Hang on.

Amidala ordered her aching hand but her fingers berayed her. She barely felt them slip, but did feel a frim grip around her forearm. Her hand instinctivly grasping the arm of her rescuer while he pulled her up.

"I have you."

Obi Wan shouted over the falls' roar carefully wrapping his arm around Amidala's small waist holding her steady while reaching for a grappling cable on his belt. The small woman clung to him with her uninjured arm while he tossed it up with the aid of the force to hook onto the window frame far above them. With the Naboo monarch in an arm, the Jedi Padawan asended to the where the others awaited.

"Thank you Master Jedi."

She said when they reached the ledge,with what she hoped was a calm even voice, but was sure it didn't sound as confident aloud as it did in her head..

"You'er welcome.I see you'er hurt."

Obi Wan didn't let on t

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lord Nevel and Lady Mavi hurried along the hidden passageways. Every so often, they would stop to orient themselves within the huge complex.

They soon came to an very steep set of stairs. They both looked at each other, and then began to work their way down the staircase, only the light around them guilding them.

Mavi suddenly stopped, as she had a strange sensation go over here. She ran her hand over her eyes and blinked.

Lord Nevel noticed that she had stopped following and turned, to eye her suspeciously. "Is there anything wrong?" he asked, also reaching out to see if he could sense anything.

She looked up at him. "I...felt something, but it was only a second. It was strange..it was almost like..."

/?!?!?!??!//

Lady Mavi suddenly gasped, as she felt pain flare through her arm and shoulder. She gritted her teeth a moment. What was going on? It was not her pain she felt, but another person. But the only person near her was fine, if not looking at her strangely. The only other time, she reacted that way was when....

'MYNN?' She thought to herself. Mavi's head shot up. The only way she could feel somthing that acute, was if she were nearby.

Lord Nevel meanwhile, had moved closer, and placed his hand on her shoulder. The pain quickly died, and left only her fingers tingling.

She looked over at him, and gave a quick smile. With a nod, they both began to bound down the stairs, until they reached the bottom.

As they reached the lower level, Lord Nevel suddenly put out his arm.

"Here." he said.

With a nod, Mavi quickly fixed her veil, and did a quick check over both of them. Satisfied, Lord Nevel slipped his hand over a sensor in front of them, and a section of wall opened.

A large group of people were standing in a room, talking to a Gungan.

"Nice to see you again." she said, panting slightly.

<Tag all>

10. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    "Nice to see you again."

Lady Mavi said panting slightly while she and Lord Nevel approached the assembled Nabbo courtasans. The Decoy in the queen's garb bowed her head in greeting to them while the 'decoy' was with the lanky Gungan Jar Jar. It was amazing how the being moved, flowing in one instant and clutzy the next, as if he hadn't control over his long limbs, or he wasn't used to his body.

"Always a pleasure to see you both Lady Mavi, Lord Nevel."

The queen said to them with a small bow to each. She stood dressed on marron battle gear, a silver blaster strapped to her leg, hair pulled back..

"We had a detour compliments of someone cutting our acession cables. If it weren't for our Jedi friends, our meeting you would've been delayed."

The woman stated matter of factly, hidding her emotions of her extreme recent brush with death. She also hid the fact she was injured. Obi Wan had done some small healing on it, she'd need to continue it's repair once they had a sufficent lul.

That might be a while. She thought to herself while gently rubbing her forehead trying to smooth the creases there.

"Our plan a this point. Find Boss Nass of the Gungans and ask him to aid us in driving the Trade Federation from Nabbo. JarJar.. "

A graceful gesture towards the being.

"..has offered to take us to them. I can only hope he will be favorable."

"If he isn't, It will be all the harder to defeat the battle droids."

Panaka stated a fact they all knew.

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Mavi scanned the group, as she and Lord Nevel finally caught up with the others. She was glad to see that everyone was accounted for.

"Always a pleasure to see you both Lady Mavi, Lord Nevel." The queen said to them with a small bow to each. She stood dressed on marron battle gear, a silver blaster strapped to her leg, hair pulled back..

"We had a detour compliments of someone cutting our acession cables. If it weren't for our Jedi friends, our meeting you would've been delayed." The woman stated matter of factly.

Lady Mavi nodded slightly. "We met them also." she said dryly, still shaken slightly. Watching a movie was one thing.....meeting them in person. It was something she rather NOT repeat. Mavi noticed the queen rub her forhead.

"Our plan a this point. Find Boss Nass of the Gungans and ask him to aid us in driving the Trade Federation from Nabbo. JarJar....has offered to take us to them. I can only hope he will be favorable."

Offered?..JarJar? Well...that should be interesting.

"If he isn't, It will be all the harder to defeat the battle droids." Panaka stated a fact they all knew.

"Well then, you Highness. I suggest we leave, before our mutual aquaintence decides to check this far down for any survivors." Lord Nevel replied quietly, gesturing the way out.

TAG

12. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    The assembled shaken royal court agreed with Lord Nevel. None wished to enough the dark specter. The only ones who didn't appear shaken by thew incident were the Jedi Obi Wan and Qui Gon, and the disguised one Rachel. The only expression Padawan Kenobi showed was a slight shock, but nothing a regular man or woman could detect without having empathic or force enhanced abilites. While they filed out, Amidala carefully switched her blaster holster to her other leg for a left handed draw. They followed Captian panaka out of the ornate palace into more secret corridors. Eventually they emerged some distacne in the wooded areas of Naboo were Panaka had a craft waiting for them to usher them to the designaited cordinaates given by Jar Jar Binks.

He is always prepared for just about anything.

It took several turns, and double backs to find the exact spot. The poor Gungan was shaken up more then he was putting on, he was also not used to traveling in land craft. Possibily not in this region. The queen was exhibiting a near Jedi-like patience with the Gungan. He'd been through much as they all had. Differant beings dealt with stress in differant ways.

------------Some time later--------------------

The meeting with Boss Nass was over. The Gungan leader had agreed to help the Naboo. At first it was a tense situation until he realised the Queen of the Nabbo humbled herself in asking for his help. It was an action he'd never expected from a above ground dwellers let alone thier leader and her entire party knealing before him. Then the planning stage began to deal with the advances of the droid army in the plains lands. Camptain Paanaka and the Gungan generals worked out ranks and stratiges, while the queen,her Handmaidens and advisors, the Jedi and Boss Nass working on things suited for their abilities.. During a rest period, Amidala sat outside in the night air gazing up at the stars. They would make a stand against the droid army in the plains at sunrise.

"How am I to fight a war? I'm not a soilder."

Not that sort of soilder.

She asked them. The answer was there, but would it come in time. Would her contact be able to complete his task before the entire planet was taken over?

-----------------Jauhzmynn---------

The meeting was long, the strategising, draining. In the beginning, it was difficult to hold focus while tending to an injured shoulder. The meeting was showing signs it was going to be even longer. When a short break was called, the woman could've cheered. She headed outside away from the crowd of Jedi. The shoulder HAD to be put back into place. The muscles were already swollen and it was going to make the job resocketing it harder. Noone was around to push it back, thus leaving the job to it's owner. Putting her hand on her right shoulder, Mynn decided the only way was to give it a little bit of a force shove. Any other way would take too long. Resting her hand there, she used a calming techiquice called "Tideal breathing" to calm herself and refocus. She concentrited on the msucle grup around the ball and socket, seeing them loosen and realxing enough to be plyiable. On an exhelation, a quick nearly unoticable movemnt of her left hand shoved arm back. The human's eyes opened wide, mouth open in a silent gasp while a few tears sprang to her eyes. She was too much in discomfort to deaden the pain receptors as effiently as she'd liked. She bent down grabbing her head with both hands, then stood upright, leaning her back against the tree.

"Ow..Sheeee....Crud, crud, crud. Next time ya' get another another bright idea like that, I'm shootin' you."

Mynn uttered to herself.

She saw enough stars to fill the galaxy two times over, almost to the point of dizziness. A few more calming breathes before she realised her right hand was gripping her head as well. The hand that now had feeling. She groaned softly swaying slightly grabbing the tree for support with her good hand.

Hey it worked. YES! She gave the fing

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lord Nevel and Lady Mavi followed the others as they left the palace, and headed for their meeting with the gungans. Lady Mavi was still warry about what had happened eariler within the temple, and she silently thinking.

Much later, after the meeting with the Gungan's was completed, Mavi was resting next to a nearby tree. Lord Nevel was with the rest of the advisors, and she sat, with her eyes half closed. The night breeze was cool, and she relaxed. With the Jedi busy, she relaxed her shields some, to save herself for when they would be needed once again.

She had just gotten into enjoying the night air, when suddenly her breath was taking away with a pain that suddenly flared into her shoulder, strong enought to take her breath away. She rolled, and immediately slammed her shields back to full strength. She did not need anyone else to feel that.

'Oh Frell...what the...?'she immediately began to serch around the area. The person who was suffering was close...too close. And only one person did she have THAT much empathy too, besides one other.

She moved around the trees, quietly moving as she looking for the person she knew it had to belong to.

She heard a soft sounds nearby. She stood silently near a tree, as she saw someone sitting down.

//Almost like home.// Lady Mavi thought to the person sitting down.

<Tag>

14. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    A soft rustle of foliage alerted Amidala of an approaching person. Keen hearing homed in on the movement, plus years of tracking trained by Panaka told her it was a female. Lady Mavi came around one of the trees to stand near to he Nabooian. She glanced up at the Advisor from her seat on the massive tree root.

-------------Jauhzmynn----------------

Mynn's mental shields were up high enough to make her wince. It was a job to block four Jedi. Padawans weren't as difficult to keep at a distance as a Knight or in this case a full fledged Jedi Master such as Qui Gon Jinn. Blocking one for a short time was difficult, blocking more then one Jedi was ordering on an extreme sport. Rachel was the only under cover Jedi she knew of, logicaly there might be another. Mynn wasn't going to take her chances on letting her mental shields down until the misson was completed just incase. She fought down the urge to revert to her old mannerisms but stayed in her 'charactr' mode.

The throbbing in her shoulder eased off considerbally once she dampened her pain receptors so her body could affect the reapirs.

//Almost like home.// Lady Mavi thought to the person sitting down.

She did hear that, but kept the mental sheilds up in a manner that made it appear she wasn't force sensitive. Her face no sign she'd even heard the mindspeak.

Oh uh.. Only Jedi or Force sensitives can do that.

There was no indication of the inner struggle the woman was having on the inside. Tell her. If she's a Jedi, she could help me.

Part of her mind said.

Do not under any circumstances respond. Noone is to know. Not even the Jedi here, Undercover or not.

The other part of her mind argued.

It's NOT making this any easier.

A mental equivalant of a scowl accomlanied the statement. She hoped the friends Lady Mavi and Lord Nevel spoke of would come through.Puzzlement over the Council's selection of her as a decoy coursed through her mind. Deep down she knew why she was. It ddn't mean she had to like being drained though. The 'discussion' took mere fractions of a second, the woman made her decsion. When she heard soft footfalls coming closer to her tree root seat, Mynn waited a heartbeat or two, acting as if she never heard the mindspeak and looked up. The guise must be held at all costs even her own personal comfort.

------------------- Amidala ----------------

"It's good to see you'er safe, Lady Mavi."

The monarch gestured for the advisor to sit down if she wished. She sat leaning against the tree,looking up at the stars. The same stars that brought Nabbo peace, and friendship with the many races othe Republic, now brought death.

"Ealier thsis week, Lord Nevel spoke of friend he knew in the Senete. Is there any word on weather they will aid Nabbo?"

She asked the womna beside her, then looked thoughtful.

<Tag Andi>

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    "It's good to see you'er safe, Lady Mavi."

The monarch gestured for the advisor to sit down if she wished. Lady Mavi nodded slolwy, as she came close, and slowly sat down near a tree. The 'Queen' sat leaning against the tree,looking up at the stars. The same stars that brought Nabbo peace, and friendship with the many races othe Republic, now brought death.

"Ealier this week, Lord Nevel spoke of friend he knew in the Senete. Is there any word on wether they will aid Nabbo?"

Mavi continued looking at the stars first, before she responded. "They will help." she said softly. She then turned, looking directly at the woman before her.

"But first, you need to take care of your shoulder. You can not continue with it like that." she said even softer.

Lady Mavi slowly rubbed the area she had felt the shadow pain on her own arm.

<Tag Mynn>

16. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    "They will help." she said softly. She then turned, looking directly at the woman before her.

"I'm glad. we'll all the help we can get."

"But first, you need to take care of your shoulder. You can not continue with it like that." she said even softer.

A nod in responce.

"You're right." She lifted a hand to gently massage the sore muscles. "Captian Panaka is threatening to throw me over his shoulder and carry me to the healers personally if I don't tend to it."

A twinkle of mirth showed in the brown eyes while Amidala stood up dusting herelf off. She waited while Lady Mavi stood before heading towards their emcampment.

"A short while ago,Master Jedi Jinn and I were talking about this being. He called him a "Sith". I merely he was a Zabrac. Maybe Sith is his clan name" The queen gave a small shrug.

"Accordig to Master Jedi Jinn's guess, his appearance at the same time as this invasion leaves him to belive he's involved. I agree with him."

The queen stated while they walked.

<Tag Andi>

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

A nod in responce from the queen.

"You're right." She lifted a hand to gently massage the sore muscles. "Captian Panaka is threatening to throw me over his shoulder and carry me to the healers personally if I don't tend to it."

A twinkle of mirth showed in the brown eyes while Amidala stood up dusting herelf off. She waited while Lady Mavi stood before heading towards their emcampment.

"Accordig to Master Jedi Jinn's guess, the 'Sith's appearance at the same time as this invasion leaves him to belive he's involved. I agree with him."

Lady Mavi nodded slowly. She found the discussion interesting. She doubted that Master Jinn would call their mystery man a Sith. It would mean nothing to the Queen...only Jedi knew of them.

Mavi only gave a slight nod of her head, happy that her face was veiled.

"I would agree, with them, your Highness....and it does make one wonder why they were here. What has suddenly made them think that Naboo is that important."

Lady Mavi was silent, as she walked with the woman, lost in her own thoughts. She already had the answer she was looking for.

<Tag Mynn>

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **Up, up...That away!** Kicks rpg to its proper place.
    :D

19. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    We had captured her. We had lost her.

All that was left was a cloak, and a fast fading trace of chill. And once again, we were forced to play catch-up with the Sith. Everytime we think we are ahead of them by a step, we find ourselves falling three steps back. The process of search and chase and lose just never stopped.

Staring over the railing, frustration simmering in the polluted air, the discontent at losing yet another round gripped my heart tightly. I fought back the anger and struggled to not just tear the railing up and throw it after airspeeder. I tilted my head back a little and closed my eyes against the raging sea of transport. Using the time-honoured method of calming down, I counted backwards from 10 to 0 and felt the anger dissipate. Just a little.

All those words, all those promises to ourselves before we set off for the mission. All broken and unfulfiled. We still came back lacking a Sith in our possession. Yes, we could still be thankful to be in one piece and not scattered over some unknown desert land, but the sense of failure was so overwhelming that death seemed a better avenue. At least it would just be a single flash of pain and then everything would be over.

There seemed to be this pattern in our missions. Chase bad guys. Fight with bad guys. Maybe capture bad guys or injure one of them. Maybe even one of the good guys would get injured. Then somehow bad guys would always turn the situation around and win. And we would be left with nothing but failure.

Annoyance started to surface. Why was it that we could never ever beat Saratis? We failed to keep her to our side, we failed to turn her back, and there were other countless times when we failed to win her. Is she that much stronger than us, so much that more than 3 Jedi is not enough to subdue her?

I shook my head to clear it. These thoughts were unnecessary. They complicated things. I could see the same play of emotion over Clare's and Samuel's face that must have had registered in mine. The disbelief, the shock, the anger, the frustration and finally the acceptance. There was not much we could do at this point anymore execpt to report back our failure at subduing the girl. And to think of our next step of action.

-----------------------------------------------------

"That didn't go as badly as I expected it," I murmured as Clare and I walked back to her room. "They didn't skin off as much hide as I thought they would."

Samuel had headed back to his own room after our meeting with the Council. Clare and I were discussing what next to do.

The Council were not overly concerned with the loss of the young girl, the reason they gave, and I quote was that "she can't possibly do a lot of damage". And they had just lightly petted us on the head, and reprimanded us a little while seeming distracted.

Sometimes the ignorance of authority just rankled me. But Clare, Samuel and I had decided that it would be a mistake to let her go just like that. Obviously she had potential and a scrap of usefulness, otherwise the Sith would not have bothered with her. She was a loose thread worth following after.

"I doubt we will have a silver of chance finding her here anymore. If she was smart, she would have gone into hiding already."

"Then what do you suggest we do?"

Silence. Yes indeed, what should we do? What could we do? I reached absently for the glass of water and took a gulp as my brain racked up possible lines of action, considering and rejecting all of them.

"Well, assuming the movies did follow events that are happening now, we all know that everything cumulates in Naboo. And since Saratis and Maul is still on Naboo, maybe we should forget about Xeryn and focus on the bigger pawns instead."

Ah. Clare, always the practical one with the voice of reason. Her suggestion did make a lot of sense, after all Xeryn was most likely to meet up with Saratis again. She was still in training anyway. So we would still catch up with her somehow or another. And we could always ask a favour of our masters to try and search f

20. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    You'er writitng si excellent. If it's thsi good for 12 am, I'd love to see what it's like when you'er awake.:) I'm the one who has bad writting around here.

21. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Thanks for the kind words jauhz! But somehow, I don't think there is much difference between my writing at 12 and my writing normally. My brain tends to be stuck at one mode most of the time. :) Your writing is not bad at all! No one's writing sucks here!

22. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    OOC: Thanks Delta :)

IC:
    The Advisor and the queen walked along until the encampment came into view. Most of the inhabitamtswere bedded down for the night. Sentries composed of Naboo and Gungan were posted in pairs at various areas . Padme' thought back a few hours back to the stratigies Captian Panaka Boss Nass and the gungan General Tarpels discussed while looking over the holo projection of the Great valley. At first she thought they'd be getting into a fight, but Panak realised the Gungans were in their element. Who better to know how to bog down droids. Gungan and Naboo working as a team. The thought made a smile cross her features.
    The duo entered the camp, exchanged good byes and went off to their respective quarters.

Once Amidala made it to her quarters, shefound only one of the handmaidens awake. She bade the young woman good night and went to her bed. Inside her sleeping area, the queen was alone. No handmaidens slept in there with her. The woman removed her battle dress garb, and donned her sleep wear while carefully avoiding reinjuring her shoulder.

After exstingishing the lights, she sat down on the floor on her knees, letting her hands rest in her lap. Before her on the floor, rested a cylindrical weapon that been used for centuraies by warriors from a differant time. She'd carried it with her for quite a while, carefully hidden on her person. She sat in position listening to the din of the animals, and insects chirping in the sultry night of the swamp. No luxury of climate control devices in the midst of a war encouraged Amidala's sleepwear to cling to her as droplets of sweat gathered around her head trickling down to pool at the small of her back. The air felt close and thick, as if breathing cream. Such discomforts she learned to ignore, only sat listening to insectoid chirpping and her breathing. They were trival compared to the discomfort the rest of Naboo's inhabitants were feeling as the ministrations of the Trade Federation. The woman sat gathering her strength for what would be many long days ahead. Tomorrow being possibly the longest yet.

<tag Anyone.

23. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
  24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Slaps the rpg Up the line....till I can think of something to write.

:D

25. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Long post! :p Part of it is in third person, while the rest of it is written in the first person perspective. I hope it's not confusing.

The Council's reaction, while not shocking, was nevertheless somewhat surprising to me. I figured they were busy and too occupied with more important things to be concerned about tracking down a Sith apprentice who in all likeliness "couldn't possibly do a lot of damage". In all fairness, she [i]was[/i] relatively unknown, and slippery as she was, the Council had little reason to think that devoting more resources to tracking her down was entirely necessary.

We were tired, mentally, physically and emotionally. In the end, we decided to drop the search for Xeryn, for now, and return to Naboo. Other than the greater importance of the other Sith, we also needed some time away from this messed-up business.

We were given clearance to leave, and we did. It was not long before we were in hyperspace, en route to Naboo. There was nothing much to do and a relative lot of time on my hands. My thoughts inevitably turned towards our not-so-little problem, despite not wanting to think much about it. The extreme feeling of failure and the stormy mixture of emotions that I had sensed in Yan Yan and that I too had felt earlier had abated somewhat, to my relief. Perhaps it was due to an unwholesome mix of professional pride, perfectionist tendencies and unpleasant experience, but whatever the cause, failure created an emotional mess that I dreaded.

"What sent you down another road from us? What made you become a Sith?" I had once asked of Xeryn. Part of the answer, if not all of it, was now clear. Why suffer through failure through an allegiance to and belief in the light side, while the dark path was so much faster and easier? With power borrowed from the darkness, our mission would have been so easily accomplished. A threat, coercion, a display of power, promises of more power - these could have lured Xeryn to us. We, like all other Jedi students, were told repeatedly that the dark side was easier, but it was in these rare times that we actually saw it for ourselves and, most importantly, understood [i]how[/i].

I tried to shake off these brooding thoughts, but in the small cockpit, there were few things to distract myself with. [i]Maybe I should have installed some kind of holovid system,[/i] I thought. [i]Or kept a couple of holobooks in here, like Jadyn keeps suggesting.[/i]

I thought back to the all-too-brief visit back to my apartment that I had managed to slip in before our departure. Jadyn had easily sensed that we were back at the Temple and had been waiting. After we had decided on a course of action, Yan had left. In the short twenty minutes that I could spare to stay, we talked. Not of Yan's and my self-appointed mission, not of current happenings in the galaxy, not of Jadyn's own upcoming solo assignment. We simply talked about happy times, shared fond memories, reminisced about the past. It was not at all boring or something I disliked - definitely the contrary - but it felt like I was closing a chapter of my life. It actually worsened the peculiar sensation of foreboding that had taken shape in my mind at some point in time in the past week without my being aware of it, and had continued growing ever since, until it had become too apparent for me to overlook.

I think my Master felt it too, whether through our bond or on her own. When I'd reached our apartment, I could tell that she was relieved, glad - and tired, from anxiety and some ill-hidden conflict. My eyes had met hers, hers mine, and I thought I knew what she was struggling over. As I had stood up to leave, she had hugged me tightly and whispered fiercely, "Be safe," before sending me on my way. I didn't like fact that she worried about me because of a problem that, strictly speaking, didn't need to concern her. Jadyn was and had been for the past nine years my Master - mentor, friend, confidant and family, and I didn't want to cause her undue grief and worry.

I caught that thought and the corners of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.