main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is it about Dr. Jones?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by bluesaber70, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I stated this in another thread. But, Indy is my second favorite movies next to SW. I remember the first time my Dad took me to see "Raiders of the lost Ark." I was 10 and was blown away.

A few years later he took me opening day to see "Temple of Doom." Loved how much darker that film was. Then perhaps my favorite "The last crusade."

Sitting here trying to figure out the love I have for these movies and this is why.

I think the thing that seals it with me is Indy. He isn't your great movie hero. He stumbles and bumles his way. So he is the most "human" hero's I've ever seen on the big screen. I can't discribe it any more than that.

So next Summer I get to enjoy an all new Indy film. I am now a Dad and will take my kids. I'm hoping my Dad will tag along with us. The "the circle will be complete."

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I like that too. Indy being disgusted with the Cario swordsman so he just shoots him or slowly coming down off the flying wing. You can tell Indy is exhausted but nobody will leave him alone. [face_laugh]

3. DrAnakin

DrAnakin Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2005
    I totally see where you are coming from. Indy is the super hero who is not quite so super. He has great intentions, but he is always falling just one foot short of being perfect. I think that is why the series is so appealing. He is such a realistic hero that the average guy really wants to be like him and the average girl feels like she has a shot. Indy doesn't have super powers; but he does have a Ph.D in archeology. He's a perfect mix of heroism and realism.

4. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    To me Indy is what is really lacking in the movies all to often. He's real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.