main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite Star Wars track?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by SexyStarWarschic, May 9, 2003.

1. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    >>2. The Battle of Yavin
    I could almost cry every time Ben's theme comes through

Too bad they F'ed w/ it on the DVDs

2. Charth_Maul

Charth_Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2001
    Hands down- The Battle of Hoth.

Best piece of battle music I think I've ever heard. Anybody else with me?

3. JediDJ1013

JediDJ1013 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh I've got a few...

THE FORCE THEME. Any track with the Force theme is a good one. In Particular, on AOTC Soundtrack when Anakin says "I won't be long." and in ANH when Luke finds his Aunt & Uncle dead...very powerful!

DUEL OF FATES - AWESOME!

LOVE THEME for Anakin & Padme - AMAZING!

I'd also have to say THE FINAL DUEL & THE EMPORER'S DEATH from Jedi are great and THE ASTEROID FIELD in EMPIRE is awesome too!

OH and I also love the end of THE LAST BATTLE in ANH from when Ben tells Luke to use the force, all the way to the end.

4. Charth_Maul

Charth_Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2001
    I don't think one can really say there is a best Star Wars track anymore...the whole score is just too damn good.

(Though I still might give the Battle of Hoth a slight edge... :p )

5. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    I have a question...

What is the name of the cue in which Vader speaks to the Emprorer via hologram in ESB?

6. General_Dodonna

General_Dodonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    From A New Hope:

-Main Title
    -The Last Battle
    -The Throne Room/End Titles

From The Empire Strikes Back:

-The Imperial March
    -The Asteroid Field
    -Yoda and the Force

From Return of the Jedi:

-The Emperor Confronts Luke (now called "The Emperor's Throne Room" I think)
    -Funeral Pyre for a Jedi (the alternate version of this is just as, if not more, powerful than the film version)
    -The Forest Battle

Honorary Mention/Misc.:

-Duel of the Fates
    -ROTJ Finale (I like the new edit, and the original Ewok song will always have a place in my heart)

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yoda And The Force (The raising the X-Wing theme from
    ESB)

8. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Across the Stars - It's probably my favorite theme EVER.

9. StarWarsFan2005

StarWarsFan2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    I don't have a favorite track cause I love ALL the music. With the Star Wars music at least for me it's a bit impossible to choose a favorite track.

10. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Um - seriously? So you don't see any difference between "Inside the Bubble City" and "The Battle of Yavin"? Or between "Anakin and Padme" and "Duel of the Fates"? I'm not saying you're wrong, or any of that, just kind of incredulous.

11. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Too many good to choose... What is the name of the evil theme in ep. 1 and 2 btw? The one that plays when the trade federation lands on Naboo and when Obi looks down at the clones at Kamino.

I do love the song that plays in the cantina in ep. 4...

12. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The "Trade Federation March" or, if you will, "Trade Federation Theme".

Also, please be careful about your use of the term "song". ;)

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Anakin goes to kill the Tusken Raiders, AOTC

(DOTF rendition while Anakin is on speeder bike)

14. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Thanks mate.

Right you are, it's more of a symphony than a song actually...

15. Captain_Fett

Captain_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2002
    It's a really tough choice, but I'd have to say Battle of Endor II, especially the bit that plays when Luke leaps out of the shadows and attacks Vader. I also like Across the Stars and Imperial March.

16. CorporalBathory

CorporalBathory Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2005
    I'd have to say my favorite is Lando's Palace, or possibly City in the Clouds.

I also love the music in the sequence where the Rebels on Hoth are preparing for the battle.

The Emperor's Theme in the Prequels is excellent, and the Trade Federation Theme is great.

Acually I'm essentially a music nut so most of what I say is meaningless.

17. senefro

senefro Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    as for me i think the best track is the victory in return of the jedi.after it there is the duel of fates and the main title.then anakin and padme's theme.

but i am asking if there is anyone here who knows a site where i can download these themes from and thank u

18. Biggs Darklighter

Biggs Darklighter Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2000
    From The Empire Strikes Back:

The Rebels Escape Again

I love how the Imperial March is incorporated. And I love how it gives way to the soaring hopeful sounds of the horns and strings in the end.

Back when we had too much free time, my friends and I used to play a game called the Soundtrack of Your Life. If you had to put music to your life so far, what songs (not limited to Star Wars music) would you choose? The Rebels Escape Again makes the cut for me.

19. RedavHtrad9

RedavHtrad9 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    the one thing (or maybe a few more) about AOTC that makes it better is the theme.
    but the 2 best tracks have to be The Battle of Hoth and Rescue from Cloud City/Hyperspace (and they both happen to be from ESB!!)

20. MasterKenobi777

MasterKenobi777 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Battle of Yavin,Forest Battle (Concert Suite, and Battle of Endor II (mainly the Luke and Vader fight with the awesome vocals) are probably my favorites but I also like Tales of a Jedi Knight, Duel of the Fates, both trilogy love themes(ATS etc.) Leia's theme, the Imperial March, and the Emperor's theme.

21. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  22. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    SW Main Theme, just because. :p

All of the scores are great, but the title track is the best.

23. BladeEntity

BladeEntity Jedi Master

Dec 17, 2010
    I personally liked all the battle tracks and teh end credit pieces very well done added great to the effect of the movies

24. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    "The Dark Side Beckons" is probably my favorite cue; I feel like it tells the story of Anakin Skywalker in one single musical phrase, and it hauntingly tragic.
    The Dark Side Beckons

As far as tracks go, some of my other favorite cues haven't been released :(

But I like Battle of the Heroes a lot, as well as "The Immolation Scene" and music that plays during Qui Gon's funeral. I think it was ingenious to use it to intercut the death of Anakin/birth of Vader and the death of Padme/birth of Luke and Leia. Great juxtaposition.

25. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    Across the Stars and The Tide Turns. Also Tales of a Jedi Knight it´s simply magic.