main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What is your favorite TCW one-off character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Not sure if this has already been done, but I think it might be interesting to see what people thought about all the characters we may see in only one or two episodes, or characters that only appear in one arc. (being in the background as an extra doesn't count as an appearance btw)

So for instance, characters like Sugi and Embo, or Mother Talzin.

My favorite so far was the Son from Mortis, I really liked the way they portrayed him as conflicted and straying ever closer to pure evil through the dark side. I also think Sam Witwer, as always, did a fantastic job with the voice acting. Although that's not to say there haven't been some other classics.

What about you guys?

2. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Mar Tuuk. Hilarious subversion of the whole "Neimoidians are dumb cowards except in business" thing.

Great voice acting and character model design too.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It's easier to say which one-off characters are not my favorites- since i'm huge fan of all these one-off characters- let's say Cassie Cryar with her bizarre friend, mando kinds from academy and Lurmens are only one-off characters i don't want to see again..... all others are welcome back[:D]

I like Trench, Mar Tuuk, Nuvo Vindi, Pre Viszla, Tera Sinube.... that maybe top 5 but Talzin, Lok Durd etc. all these guys and girls are usually great and more interesting than maincharacters actually.... It was great to see Riyo and Satine became more like frequently followed characters that one-off's- and Lott Dod became real archvillain.... Lux Bonteri is also coming back -which is good but Mina Bonteri was also great one-off character- but her off-screen death was mistake- if they won't do prequel about that of course

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, Mar Tuuk and the tactical droids of Ryloth were nice antagonists. I also liked Lot Duurd for the entertainment value of George Takei's voice. [face_laugh]

Some of my other favourites would probably be Tera Sinube, for being an old timer with class, and (for now, until they use him again) Quinlan Vos, for being 'that crazy tracker wildlife expert dude'. :p

I'm not entirely sure whether we can count the likes of Talzin and Ziro, though. Ziro had one story arc in total, but it was a big one and he did have a few other appearances, and I think we'll be seeing more of Talzin eventually.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think many one-offs will return- like Quinlan.... even Robonino returned- that little bubblebrain... and Hondo he was actually becoming one of the main characters during season2- but where is Hondo now- during 3rd season?

6. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Mar Tuuk, one of the first properly capable Confederacy leaders we saw. Unfortunarely in that one episode he appeared far superior to Grievous. Plus there's the fact that he was only beaten arguably by Anakin committing a war crime. And if I remember correctly he was the first to properly respect his opponent and to study him.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Some characters work best as 1-shots; some 1-shots we've had so far I wouldn't mind seeing again (Mar Tuuk, I think everyone is looking at you as the latter :p).

But characters like say, Trench, for instance, were great 1-timers, but if overused they could get old fast since they worked best for the specific episode they were designed for.

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    That blue-yellow-white Monkey Lizard from Bounty Hunters! :D

Completely pwned Anakin!

Bit his leg, went all facehugger on him and even operated a tank and fired a cannon at Anakin. YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT THAT! [face_laugh] :_|

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  9. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Oh yeah, how could I miss that one! [face_laugh]

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    haha I was almost expecting someone to say something like 'the pink Twi'lek from 'Hunt Ziro' or something like that.

Interesting that Mar Tuuk is an early favorite, and there's only been one mention of Trench. i must admit though that I do like seeing all the Neimoidians, they really are as slippery as the look.

EDIT: One more I thought of, General Di in Supply Lines. He didn't get that much screen time but his last stand was very moving and epic even though you kinda could tell that he wasn't gonna hold them all off.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    George Lu..... I mean, Baron Papanoida. And Embo.

12. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Definitely 99, no competition.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Ima-Gun Di. What else?

kenobifan1999 likes this.
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ha I only just noticed the pun in his name. Props to whoever thought of that [face_laugh]

15. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    "Props" is not the word that comes to mind...

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed. But he was still a great character.

17. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I've found that as the show has gone on, they've become better and better at creating memorable one-off characters; Season Three boasts my favourites in 99, Ima-Gun Di and the El-Les and Bric duo.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey anything's better than Master Soon Baytes.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    haha you have awesome icon- Po Nudo- he needs to appear in TCW- but well at least we have Pure Zignat- that guy is awesome:p

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I liked Embo and Mar Tuuk, I hope they return.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Mar escaped so they could use him again and still they didn't during seasons 2 or 3....:confused: maybe 4th season is 'Mar Tuuk Strikes Back':p
    Embo's cameo added to trailer of season3 felt like deception- like he would be important during this season[face_tired] oh yeah he had important role filling the background in Jabba's palace

22. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I liked Argyus and Chairman Cho. The Mandalorian Sniper from Duchess intrigued me as well.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm... lots of one-off characters in Season 1 it seems. Characters also appeared to die a lot more back then.

Along the lines of Mar Tuuk, I also rather liked Loathesome, despite loathing his name. Gotta love a man with an accent.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    it's actually spelled Loathsom:p

25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.