main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo What should Episode III be called?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LeiaTygre, Jan 23, 2003.

1. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    My friend and I started discussing what we thought Episode three would be called. I think it would be called Rise of the Empire.
    Dantana thinks it will be called Fall of the Jedi. Any other good ones?

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Funny.... I've even suggested the title "Rise of the Empire" myself. ;)

The thing to keep in mind when speculating on the title of Episode III is that Star Wars isn't just six seperate movies, but one big 12-hour epic with 6 chapters. So the table of contents could look like this...

Star Wars
               ---------

Chapter 1: The Phantom Menance
    Chapter 2: Attack of the Clones
    Chapter 3: ???
    Chapter 4: A New Hope
    Chapter 5: The Empire Strikes Back
    Chapter 6: Return of the Jedi

Of course, now that we see the progression of chapters, we are to understand that the Jedi in "Return of the Jedi" is actually plural not singular; as in "Return of the Jedi Order." All of these titles carry a certain Saturday Matinee Serial feel to them. That inspiration is obvious. ;)

The choice of titles for chapter 3 will show some type of logical progression with the preceeding chapters or those that follow. Therefore "Rise of the Empire" is a good and popular choice.

Here are some others I just thought of. How about...

- "The Phantom revealed"
    - "Jedi Betrayal"
    - "Triumph of the Sith"

Hmmm.... These just don't have the right "ring" to them. I still like "Rise of the Empire." ;)

Any other suggestions?

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Fall of the Jedi!

Rise of the Empire?

Rise of the Sith?

GL Finally Reveals That Palpatine And Sidious Are The Same Person So That Idiot In My Class Will Finally Believe Me?

Nah, that last one's too much to hope for . . .

Dana

4. jedimotion

jedimotion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 12, 2002
    Episode III- Crouching Anakin, Hidden Vader....he he he

No, seriously, I have thought of both Rise of the Empire and Fall of the Jedi (which would make a nice parallel to ROTJ).

I like the title The Purge of the Jedi, but it probably won't be as big a topic as I hope, so my second choice would be Fall of the Jedi.

5. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    How about "Episode Three: Lucas' Last Hope"? Or "Episode Three: The last milking of the cash cow"?

6. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Just so long as it's a better title than "Attack of the Clones" I'll be fine with it. Besides, it's not like we little people have a choice in the matter.

We'll probabily call it Episode III anyway. I mean, in actual conversation, who really calls Episode I by the name "The Phantom Menace"?

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    And who calls AOTC by its full name? It's Episode II.

Dana

8. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    *raises hand*
    I call it Attack of the Clones

9. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    You know, I call it Attack of the clones sometimes and sometimes I call it Episode II. It just depends. I, on the other hand, never call Phantom Menace "Phatom Menace" because it was such a lame title. It's fitting, but I just hate it. So I almost always call Phantom Menace "Episode I".

Now that I was looking at the whole little "Chapters" list, I have to say "Fall of the Jedi" or "Total Annihilation of all Known Jedi by the Emperor" fits slightly better than "Rise of the Empire". I like both the titles a lot. Although "Phantom Revealed" makes a lot of sense even if it's not my favourite.

But then again "Attack of the Clones" sounds like a 1950's sci-fi "B" movie to watch on Saturday morning matinees of said time period. It could have been a double feature with "Creature from the Black Lagoon". Sometimes GL does really annoying things.

Nowing Lucas, he'll come up with something totally random like: "Why Yoda now lives on the Live Encrusted Planet of Degobah instead of Corusant". Sounds like a documentary.

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Nah, I'll bet he'll surprise us all and name it, "I couldn't think of anything to really, really annoy the fans, so this is just gonna be Episode III".

:D

Dana

11. LakSivrak

LakSivrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Dana, your sig. . .my friend and i could hardly make it through LOTR because as soon as elrond came on i said something about 'mister anderson'. we snickered whenever he came on.

ps - did anyone else see the trailers for the matrixes (matrices? lol) during the super bowl?! i had to make my family shut up. . .i got tingles.

pps - i like something about the fall of the jedi, or the rise of the empire in the title. and i havent liked any of the PT titles yet, so i doubt this one will be any different.

12. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm still sticking with "Palpy's super-happy fun day".

But seriously, I don't think the title will have the words "phantom", "empire", or "jedi" in it - they've been used.

Fall of the Republic might be a good alternative, but it's a little too bland - we tend to be suprised by the titles.
    Perhaps "The Order Falls" or something. I really can't think up good titles, and I like to think that the new one will have a great double-meaning.

And to whoever was talking, I like the title "The Phantom Menace". I think it's great (not that the movie was).

13. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    WAIT!

I'm a genious!

"Star Wars III: I'm Having Another Episode" (after saying this you must begin twitching and muttering under your breath)

14. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Episode III: Being the Third Part of a somewhat lessened Trilogy

...and it will gross $200 million dollars, no more, no less.

(Sorry to be pessimistic (sp?) but I think GL coulda made them a little more like LOTR this time around, but that is his perojactive{sp?!?!))

15. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    I've found that some Star Wars movie titles are closely related to the titles of the Killer Tomatoes movies, which are absolute classics from the 70s and 80s. Of the four Killer Tomatoes movies, all except one (Strike Back) came out sometime before their Star Wars counterparts. They are:

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
    Return of the Killer Tomatoes
    Killer Tomatoes Strike Back
    Killer Tomatoes Eat France

It is obvious that Lucas is in cahoots with Four Square Productions, which created the Killer Tomatoes movies. Thus, the name of Episode 3, if he wanted to complete the Star Wars/Tomatoes correlation, would have to be something like "Jabba Eats France." Now, that title makes very little sense in a Star Wars context, but I think that this will only encourage more viewers. Just something to consider.

16. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    LOL!! Nice analysis.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Palpy's super-happy fun day

LOL! I can just see it:

Star Wars

Episode III
    Palpy's Super-Happy Fun Day

Dana

18. LakSivrak

LakSivrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    <-----------wants to see Jabba eat france

19. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Do you honestly think that GL, or any other director could have POSSIBLY lived up to the enormous fan expectation? I expected Episode II to be better than Episode I, and in my opinion, it is. I expect that Episode III will be better than Episode II.

Besides, Star Wars was groundbreaking in 77, now we've got movies like LOTR and The Matrix breaking ground for us. Star Wars is just finishing up its story.

20. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I think it really comes down to the fact that GL is a storywriter and/or producer, not a screenwriter/director.

He should let Spielberg direct one of them which has been asked by Spielberg, but Lucas turned him down fast. Protecting his own invention I guess.

Oh well, thank goodness for LOTR.

21. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    I'd have to say that "Palpy's Super-Happy Fun Day" would be the downright awesomest name for Episode 3...but I also think that if Lucas named it so, then I'd have to question his sanity just a bit.

I do know of one word that will DEFINITELY be in the movie title. Since 4 out of 5 of the Star Wars movies had the word "the" in their title, I'm predicting that this one will, too. So let's look forward to that definitive article in the next movie.

22. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, I have thought about Rise of the Empire or Dawn of the Empire, but I hope GL doesn't do the __of the__ title thing. It's too cliche by now. We do know the clone war has just begun, Jedi will be massacred, Anakin will plunge to the darkside and the Empire will be born...But I believe the focus on the movie will be on Anakin and his demise. I will have to think about this one...

23. jedimotion

jedimotion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 12, 2002
    I've got the difinitive title:

"When Vadey met Palpy", starring Billy Crystal as Vadey

24. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Ep III: A Bad Mistake.

25. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002