main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last book you bought?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chancellor_Ewok, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Treason's Harbour by Patrick O'Brian. It was only $4.99. You say no. :p

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I've never heard of that - what's it about?

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Treason's Harbour is book nine the Aubery/Maturin series.

4. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    Picked up book 10 of the Dresden Files, Small Favor at Barnes & Noble as a publisher's remainders. $6. I love the Dresden Files series.

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Picked up 3 more Fiest book in reading order except they didnt have book 3 so I ordered it. A Darkness at Sethanon, Blood of the Prince, Kings Buckaneer. Silverthorn will come in a few days.

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Er... I think the last one I bought was the fifth Percy Jackson book. [face_thinking] I don't do a lot of book shopping now, I prefer to get things from the library. I'm completely out of book shelf space, so I only buy books if I know for certain that I'm going to be re-reading them. :)

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm exactly the same :D Nice choice of book, though.

8. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well the last book, or books, actually, that I bought were the Star Wars MedStar Duology, just because watching the Clone Wars got me interested in Barriss Offee.

The last non-Star Wars book, though, I think I bought in this genre had to be Wolf's Blood by Jane Lindskold.

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Silverthorn finally came in. Just got it an hr or so ago.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Preadator as in Arnold movie Preadator?

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ordered From Haka to Hollywood, Temuera Morrison's biography, from Amazon US. Even with the currency exchange and shipping it was cheaper there than on Amazon UK.

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I just bought Ken Follets The Pillars of the Earth in light of the new mini on Starz.

14. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well after all the suggestions I received, and the $25 B&N Gift Card I received recently, I settled on Anne Bishop's "Daughter of the Blood". So far so good!

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    EXCELLENT choice!! Anne Bishop is one of my favorites :D I recommend pretty much everything she's written :p

And WOAH, Pillars mini? I'll have to check that out. It's an awesome book. Very intense - my head was spinning by the end 8-}

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ah you read it? I hope it is a great read. I decided to buy it after the first of eight episodes premired on Starz last Friday I liked it so much. Ian McShane(from Deadwood!!!!!!!!) playing the greedy Bishop is great. Plus the girl that is playing Aieal(sp)Bartholowmls daughter is so pretty! Im in LOVE! lol

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I'll definitely have to check it out :D And yeah, it's a seriously awesome book. I mean, there are a couple bits in the middle where it can drag, but overall, pretty fantastic read.

18. mrajan

mrajan Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2010
    I bought a few of them a couple of years back. If memory serves, the Quality Paperback Book Club was selling them for $5.99 and $9.99. I should check again to see if they're still doing that. Or if there's still a Quality Paperback Book Club.

My favorite Peanuts collection is the Peanuts Treasury - it's an oversized hardcover reprinting stuff from the late 60s, I think. The nice thing about it is it includes a lot of continuing story lines - Lucy burying Linus's blanket, waiting for the eclipse, lots of Joe Shlabotnick, etc.

19. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic though I havn't started it yet as I've got a few other books to finish first. Though I'm eager to see of Discworld lives up to the hype.

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Just bought WOrld Without End by Ken Follet. It is the "sequel" to Pillars taking place 200yrs later in Kingsbrige.

21. mrajan

mrajan Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2010
    This Weak i brought Running With the Pack, The Restoration Game

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Let me know how World wothout End is - I haven't read it yet.

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Went to the store to buy the Mistborn Trilogy and they didn't have it. :( One of the stores did have the final book in the trilogy, but I didn't want to buy it without first reading the second. I did glimpse at the summary on the back, and then immediately regretted it because it contained spoilerish events that occur in the second book. I KNEW I shouldn't have done that! :oops:

So, to content myself, I bought Warbreaker because I really wanted to buy a Sanderson book and I figure I'll be rereading Warbreaker plenty of times. :p

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] and :( at the same time :( Do they do orders?

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes, but by the time I order it, I'll be three hours away at uni. :p

On the bright side, the little independent store where I bought Warbreaker has set up a sweet, little cafe. It's cute! And adorable! I love cafes in bookstores - this is why I prefer independent stores to the mainstream chains (except Chapters, which has Starbucks in it), because they do stuff like this. [face_love]