main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon What will happen?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kurt_Wagner846, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurt_Wagner846

Kurt_Wagner846 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    What will happen after Star Wars (movies) are over what will we all look forward to for Star Wars, :_|

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There's still the EU.

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Blasterbolts! I was trying not to think about that! Now I have to forget about it all over again! What the world will be like... NO! MUST...NOT...THINK...ABOUT...IT...

Ok think of it this way. Instead of being in total depression, be happy and thankful that you lived through the last part of it!
    Before episode 1, we were SW Freaks(at least I was). We relived the movies, carrying on there legend. And we looked back at the people that were alive when they came out. We looked at them, thinking how lucky they were. We dreamed of standing in line for those movies, getting those original SW pins you got for standing in line(which I have one, don't know how I got it).
    But we just went about our lives, watching the movies and being the "onliving fanatics".
    NOW! We are suddenly aroused with the rumor of...MORE STAR WARS!!! We, out of ALL the generations, through all the years, were picked to be the generation that would be alive to see for the first time ever the closer in the trilogy! Now, we CAN experiance it! Standing in line, the excitement of the last few hours left before seeing a new SW movie!
    We were blessed!

Now it ends. But not for other generations.
    They will look back on not only the originals, but us, and emagine how cool it would have been. To stand in line, get the excitement!
    But those days have passed. Now they will just keep watching the movies, reliving the legend. And move onward! As a new generation! Keeping SW alive!!!

4. jedi1701a

jedi1701a Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    starwars ep3 will be the happiest day for all of us fans but when it enters the dvd days then we all will be sad for the fact that we will never be able to see them on the big screen again (but then again who knows we may see them again on the big screen) but we cant forget the fan films for tru them the starwars legand will continue and grow maybe george wont put out any new films but i bet a fan will

i know i was a luck person and i saw the origanal when they came out in the 70's and 80's then when the s.e. came out i was happy to take my son and have him enjoy the glory of starwars on the big screen so yes iam showing the next generation of fans the way to the great films of our time and i hope he will do the same so starwars will never die

5. Kurt_Wagner846

Aug 4, 2003
    I guess your right the Force will never die. *wipes away tears*

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I wouldn't worry about it that much. Sure it sucks not being able to look forward to new Star Wars movies, but all good things must come to an end.

Plus, Star Wars will live on forever and will always have its fans. Nobody who is truly a fan of the saga, like many of us here, will simply walk away. We will continue to enjoy watching the movies, we'll discuss them still with new generations of fans, we will expand our collections, we'll read more books, etc.

Also, to think that we have seen the last of the other 5 Star Wars movies in theaters is naive. They have been released many times and in the future will be released many more times. I am positive we'll see them all back in theaters before too long, for future generations to enjoy.

7. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Don't worry, Lucas is bound to want to improve on all the films a few more times. Things will only get better, and better, and better. Maybe George Clooney can play Han Solo in Lucas's next remake.

Lucas is the Man!!!

8. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    we'll wait for another director to make episode 7.

the saga will never end!!!

9. Kurt_Wagner846

Aug 4, 2003
    Hah good Idea Brook

10. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    too bad lucas probably won't be around in twenty-thirty years to make more episodes.

11. Child_of_Zion

Child_of_Zion Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2004
    They could always make episodes 7,8,9 and have them take place after the New Jedi Order series. That would be about 30 years after ROTJ. I could see that happening. Heck you could even get the original cast to play their characters again since they would be 30 years older. Just a thought. :)

12. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    As much as all of us fans would love to see that, it'll never happen. When Lucas completes Ep III, he's done. There won't be episodes 7-9 and he certainly won't authorize anyone else to perpetuate the saga. The saga revolves around Anakin Skywalker and when we see Episode III, the circle will be complete. (I couldn't resist the temptation there)But like it was suggested, I am sure we will see an influx of more great fanfilms. At Lucas has given us that. So, in that sense, Star Wars will never die!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.