main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What Words Could Never Say post RotS Obi Wan, ghostie Qui

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TRADMIC, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Title: What Words Could Never Say
    Author: TRADMIC
    Characters: Qui Gon (ghostie) and Obi-Wan
    Timeframe: Just after RotS

What Words Could Never Say

I wait.

For years I have waited for this. Master Yoda has taught you how to commune with me in the Force, but you are not ready to come to me. I sense you near. Your familiar Light energy is dampened by the fears and shame that pervade your thoughts.
    And it should not be so.

Your destiny is yet unfulfilled. The doomed past fell away necessarily to form the path of a new future. Not your fault, Young One.
    Destiny.

But as you sit alone, tormented by the things you could have done differently and things left unsaid, I know how you feel, my child. So much I had to say to you. As we stood there overlooking the traffic, flowing through the red hues of a Coruscant sunset, I wanted to tell you not to be afraid.

You were ready for knighthood. It was only your compassionate spirit that kept you from detaching from the Master-Padawan bond. It was that very same spirit that pulled us through the tumultuous first years of our journey together, that brought me to terms with my own fears of past failure, and ultimately solidified my dedication to the will of the Force.

I always wanted to tell you how proud I was; of the Jedi and the man you?d become and the obstacles you?d overcome to get there. To have been a part of your training was the greatest legacy and gift to the galaxy I could ever give.

It seemed I would have the time to figure out all I had to say and get it just right. But there was always some urgent, pressing mission, some complication or disagreement. Our time was whittled away. Then in a moment, my time was up.

All those things I had to say, but only had the time to ensure you knew your destiny was forever linked to that of the Chosen One.

I only hoped that final feeling shared between us would suffice for what words could never say.

I wait.

Not for you, Master, but for the courage to face you. Since the moment Master Yoda told me about you, I have agonized over what my first words to you will be.

You left me with a duty to which I promised. And I failed him. I failed you, Master. Why did you have to die? It might have gone so differently with Anakin.

I should have seen him falling. I can?t help thinking of the things I could have done better. I could have been more patient with him. He showed such promise, and I was so proud of him, but I didn?t want to bolster his ego by telling him so in his younger years.

Then the Clone Wars came. It didn?t seem we had a free moment between missions, disagreements, and misunderstandings, to say anything. Just as the Sith had planned it. I see it all so clearly, looking back on it now. How could I have been so blind and careless?

Now the galaxy is left in darkness. Billions have died and still more will perish at the unrelenting hands of evil. The Jedi Order is no more. The only home I have ever known lies in ruins. Guilt holds me in its heavy shackles, and I burn with emotions I?m not supposed to feel. But I can not allow myself the sorrows of having lost everything I?ve ever known and loved when I have only myself to blame, and all will suffer for my mistakes.

I find myself again bound to a commitment that will affect the entire galaxy. And I?m afraid. I know I must cast away this striving for a desired outcome and trust the will of the Force.

I don?t know where to begin, Master. But the time has come.

Clearing my mind is far more difficult than blocking out the physical elements as I reach beyond life in the Force. I feel your presence as it once again becomes part of mine. You are here to teach me. My burden is lifted and my fears dissipate into the infinite peace of the Force that shimmers in your likeness. My words need not be spoken. We are One in the Force.

And I am renewed in a feeling that words could never say.

:)

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Very nicely done!

Now the galaxy is left in darkness. Billions have died and still more will perish at the unrelenting hands of evil. The Jedi Order is no more. The only home I have ever known lies in ruins. Guilt holds me in its heavy shackles, and I burn with emotions I?m not supposed to feel. But I can not allow myself the sorrows of having lost everything I?ve ever known and loved when I have only myself to blame, and all will suffer for my mistakes.

Aw, poor Obi. But at least he is reconnecting to Qui.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And I am renewed in a feeling that words could never say.

Such a nice conclusion to a great piece =D=

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

I always wanted to tell you how proud I was; of the Jedi and the man you?d become and the obstacles you?d overcome to get there. To have been a part of your training was the greatest legacy and gift to the galaxy I could ever give.

Awwwwww [face_love] That was so sweet. Very nicely done Tradmic, excellent characterizations on both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. =D=

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Beautiful TRADMIC. Really gets to heart. [face_love] [face_love]

6. mari4212

mari4212 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    Oh, lovely.

I really enjoyed the parallel viewpoints of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan here, I think you captured what both of them would have been feeling in that moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.