main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the guiltiest pleasure in a SW game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Halcoholic, Mar 16, 2002.

?

What's the guiltiest pleasure in a SW game?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Taking out capital ships with a Missile Boat in "TIE Fighter"

41.7%
  2. Strafing stormtroopers in "Rogue Squadron"

45.8%
  3. Storming an enemy stronghold with a fleet of AT-AT's in "Galactic Battlegrounds"

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanTheFalcon

HanTheFalcon Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    I Love the shuttle on the revenge on yavin board(RS2:RL). I love to hit the brakes and, since the ship is so slow, Destroy all of the insignificant rebels while they shoot at me with blaster pistols. . . Another tall glass of Dark Side please. . .

2. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I haven't played Rogue Leader, but what you posted sounds like fun.

3. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I haven't ever thought of doing that. Of course I became so frustrated with "Revenge On Yavin" that after I got a gold I never played it again.

Oh yeah, in Shadows of the Empire on Gall. I LOVE shooting stormies once and watch them fall off the cliff and listen to them scream.

4. bountyhunter2999

Mar 13, 2002
    that is fun, but i think shadows of the empire sux.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Rogue-Leader was kind enough to say why he liked that aspect of SOTE, which ties in with the thread topic. Perhaps instead of just saying the game sux, take an extra minute or two to say why, BH2999.

Alternately look at the thread and write a post that ties in with the topic at hand. I do recall you getting annoyed when your threads started going in a direction other than that intended.

6. bountyhunter2999

Mar 13, 2002
    i don't like it because it has hardly any ties with the book. I know it's based on the book, but there is a lot of details they cut in and they added stuff that wasn't relevant.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I was under the impression the book, game and comic all concentrated on different aspects of the entire Black Sun / Xizor operation during the same time period. Which is why the book, game and comic don't all tell the exact same story.

Here we go;

"The Secrets of Star Wars Shadows of the Empire". Mark Cotta Vaz. 1996, Ballantine Books.

Ch2 Galactic Lore, p. 31.

..."I've written for television, which is a very collaborative universe, so at that initial meeting I was trying to get a sense of what everyone needed to have, " Perry explains. "It was back and forth, all of us trying to decide what worked best for each medium. For example, having two swoop bike chase sequences was discussed, but it was decided that although that might work well in the LucasArts computer game, there only needed to be one in the novel.
    "And right away, the games people wanted to use Dash Rendar as the player/character for their game. Ultimately, the outline I wrote from those notes became the template from which everything was to be constructed, and the book itself was the foundation, with parallel story lines running in the various media."

8. bountyhunter2999

Mar 13, 2002
    thanks. that clears up a lot, but i still don't like the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.