main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA What's the origin of your user name?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    This is a standard topic for most message boards. I'll give mine.

Allie Fox is the name of the main character in the book (and subsequent movie starring Harrison Ford) "The Mosquito Coast."

Allie is a crackpot inventor that moves his family into the jungles of Central America and goes insane trying to do what he thinks is protecting his family.

He is my favorite character in literature.

What about you guys (and gals)???

2. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    cool thread

My username is the same as my nickname(just misspelled, someone beat me to the proper spelling). I used to work in an enviroment that was physically challenging i.e. climbing, cramped spaces, unusual positions, and very focused skills. I excelled in most of these, at times even making it look easy.
    On one of my assingments I was working with a group of people that included a fellow with uncanny observational habits and a twisted sense of humor to match. Everyone knew of my fascination with Star Wars, I made no efforts to hide it. On a trip to a mall one day, to kill time after work, this same fellow saw some of the little pewter Star Wars ships and characters in a display case. I was on the other side of the shop when he wanted to get my attention so, out of nowhere, he spurts out "come here you little jedi you". Most of the work group was there to hear it, and all of the group thought it was perfectly fitting. So from that point on I became Lynn, the little jedi, and have been for nearly a decade now.

My signature is just a whimsical twist on the embodiment of inner strength, and a tribute to my playful nature.

3. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I didn't think of the sig line.

My sig is for three guys that ran a show on the web called Jedi Talk. The show went off the air last month after over three years. I'm just paying tribute to these guys who gave up alot for us fans.

4. s1138_

s1138_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    my username isnt that hard to figure out :p
    but the s doesnt stand for anything...i just needed a letter, and it looked good..the _ is cause someone already had s1138

and my sig...i dont have a sig....

5. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    My user name is my cat's name. He's named after the X-Men character Gambit, a real charmer and a thief! He likes to sit on my computer and watch me type.

6. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    The Grand Admiral part is a reference to my love of Grand Admiral Thrawn. The Jedi part just sounds cool to add on.

7. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Taken from a Shadowrun character I used to play...

8. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    A few years ago, we changed ISPs and I had to create a new username. Most of my choices had already been taken. When it came down to it, I wanted a simple cyber signature that defined me. Since I have always been a diehard Indiana Jones fan, not to mention a longtime whip artist, I came up with whipwarrior, a name that is unique in the world. I am whipwarrior on every website or message board that I'm a member of, so there is no mistaking me. Or, as Chuck Taylor so memorably said: Be wary of impostors and pretenders.

-Dale
    whipwarrior

9. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Welcome to the boards WWD (whipwarrior Dale). It's good to hear from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.