main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton What's up?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Trek gawd yes I work with a guyt who I swear looks like young kirk, he just calls me Pike...not sure how to take that. I saw the toys at Toys R Us the other day and gawd the pahesers and comunicators look gawd aweful....the original had better props

2. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Good idea.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah I like that idea. Let me know when you've made it and what it's called and I'll join up.

4. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I think I am addicted to hockey jerseys. I now have 9, 6 of those in about a 2 month span. But they are so much fun to wear. They are like Jedi robes, someone always wants to stop and take a look. :p

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    How many of those are Avs jersey's?

6. bratboy_y2k

bratboy_y2k Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2008
    you saw phasers etc from the new movie? im thinking its all gonna look tooooo chunky.

as for facebook yep ill do that soon but until then...

star wars and star trek meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vgXLF6sm88

7. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Pre-lockout home white Patrick Roy
    Pre-lockout road burgundy blank (to customize at a later date)
    Current home and road Joe Sakic

So, 4 are Avs. I want to get one version of all their jerseys customized with a player, and next year they will be using a new 3rd jersey. Can't wait to see it!

My other jerseys are: Current Sharks 3rd Evgeni Nabokov, current Sharks home Evgeni Nabokov, vintage road Canadians Patrick Roy with 1993 Stanley Cup patch, pre-lockout Maple Leafs 3rd Curtis Joseph with Thanks for the Memories patch, and a Portage Collage Voyageurs white jersey (LLBs collage team).

I have a few out on display, the rest are hung in my closet. Can't wait till I have my own place when I can hang them all. :)

8. bratboy_y2k

Feb 24, 2008
    ok folks i have a group on facebook called edmonton sci fi. join away and please invite friends. lets get something cooking!

9. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I'll check it out next time I am on Facebook.

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'll check it out too

11. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    there seem to be two on the site. Which one is it called?

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm guessing Edmonton Sci Fi group. Because that's the one I just joined.

13. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I joined.

14. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Found out today there is going to be a new Jurassic Park series coming out in June. It is a Toys"R"Us exclusive. It has been confirmed in the UK and States, not sure about Canada but I assume if the UK is getting the line so will Canada.

Hasbro destroyed the Jurassic Park 3 line and then made a joke of the lines that followed. Chances are high these will look like crap, but I am holding out hope.

There is not much for description on the list of figures, but the last one sounds very interesting. This is taken straight from the TRU computers by an employee.

Jurassic Park Deluxe Electronic T Rex
    UPC - 5010994454319
    1 In Packet
    $95.99

For that price, it has got be big. If it is done screen accurate, I will be all over that. Perhaps Hasbro is taking a page from their Star Wars line when they released the big Falcon and the success it had?

I really don't know if I am excited or not. I am excited to see that big T-Rex, but I am still a little worried everytime I think about what Hasbro did in the past years.

15. bratboy_y2k

Feb 24, 2008
    ok am i totally nuts? i cant find the facebook group i started. are you guys still listed as members?

on another note..anybody here know any great model builders? i have a japanese falcon model that is near studio perfect and i want to get somebody to build it to shooting quality. i wanna do some optical effects hehe

16. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Well, it had to happen eventually!

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/SHAAK_GG/Scan12.jpg]

Rolled through a stop sign. Worst part about it is I was on my way to the final floor hockey game of the year and I was worried I would be late. Instead I was first! I came to stop on the road into the gym and she pulled in behind me and left the lights flashing. So it was great to see all my fellow players drive past gawking at me. :p

17. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ouch. ummm, congragulations? :p Like you said, it had to happen eventually. We have two four way stops in like a block that always get coasted through unless there's someone there. I never thought it was a fair ticket unless it was dangerous for some reason. (pedestrian, or another car, ect)

18. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Yeah, there was no one to my right and the nearest vehicle to my left was a good 1/2 km down the road, not even close. But the law is the law in the end. Even though I didn't put myself or nobody else in danger, I broke the law. *sigh*

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Happens to all of us bro. Coming back from C3 was an intresting time too ;0. But better then being in an accident

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Hehe yeah that was a fun night... Damn Manitoba RC's lol

21. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    You guys got ticketed coming back from C3? Nice!

22. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    http://www.nikkoamerica.com/nhe/dvd_projector_video.html

[face_hypnotized]

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/onlocationnews/gallery/2009-05-06-Iron-Man-2/G000016NksWt.hMo/

RDJ in the Iron Man suit :D

24. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I saw some of this footage online. Looks like he's still loving junk food :)

25. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    May 12th, and it is snowing. I know it is not out of the question, but I still don't like it! [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.