main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey What's your first Star Wars memory?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    All this talk about your childrens' first memories gave me an idea. What is your first SW memory? What movie was it? Mine is in Empire Strikes Back when Han gets frozen in carbonite. I can remember it kinda scaring me, too.

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    My 1st memory of SW was back in '76, at the drive-in with my parents and we saw this terrible movie before SW that was about some guy with a medalion on his chest and a laser gun shooting up the place, well that and seeing Chewie for the first time, I keep telling my dad I wanted Chewie for a pet for Xmas! lol

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Mal...I think you meant '77. ;)

My first memories is back in '77...I was 3 1/2 and I would have my Dad take me to the theater in Montclair to see SW. I have been told that I had my Dad take me every Saturday for 8 weeks straight.

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok ok, I remember being 6 years old when I 1st say SW and I was in 1st grade, but I guess it was '77 afterall! lol

5. jbird69

jbird69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2000
    My first memory is the day after Star Wars premiered on TV (my parents have it on tape!), and I was sitting down in front of the TV and I was in awe when I saw the Star Destroyer fire on the Tantive IV. Then I saw the lightsabers and I fell in love! Since then, 19 years, I have been a fan.

6. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    As per my write up on SWNYC's site, I was first exposed to SW when my town was buried by snow and HBO showed it. ME and my friends would meet by our friends house, his mom would make popcorn and we'd watch it ALL DAY, almost on a loop. We'd go out and play SW after. Good times.

7. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    My first memory is seeing the opening sequence in A New Hope. When the Star Destroyer looms over the camera, my father said I just there for the rest of the movie captivated. Ever since I have been hooked.

I was 3 1/2 at the time as well and still remember seeing it for the first time.

8. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    The AT-AT's most definetely.

9. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Jeez, this is tough. I know my parents took me when I was a baby to see ROTJ, but I have to say the first memory I had was when I was 6, I was scared to hell when I saw Darth Vader in ESB in the lightsaber fight on the Cloud City.

Kinda a crappy memory, but I was weird back then. I didn't watch the whole OT until I was 8.

10. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    My older brother and I used to be R2 and 3P-O. Of course, since I was the smaller one, I was R2. My mom STILL tells the stories.

11. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Greetings from Boston!

My first memory was of the Stormtroopers taking over Leia's ship and Vader walking in when I first saw the movie in May of '77. (I was a few minutes late getting to theater so I had to go back and see what I missed) I was in so much awe of Vader. I had never seen anything like him before.

12. KeaJade

KeaJade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    when i was younger I remember my uncle bringing the movies over to our house to watch them. The only scene i watched was when Luke was on Tattooine staring at the setting suns. I thought it looked boring so i went somewhere to play. :p

But when the special edition was released i fell in love.

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Welcome to Kea...

That is pretty interesting...I have to ask, do you regret walking out the first time?

14. KeaJade

Jan 31, 2002
    i think i was like 8 or younger at the time. Yeah, i wish i stayed around for more. i probably would have liked it then. i just always though deserts were boring. :p

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    that's :cool: Kea

So, you from Jerzee?

16. KeaJade

Jan 31, 2002
    Yep, i'm from "Joisey" although i'm in dever till the 20th

17. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Welcome to the forum Jade. It'd be cool if you decided to become a part of our FanForce. You're more than welcome to.

18. KeaJade

Jan 31, 2002
    Ah, who knows? If the meeting are relativly close, or i can take the train then maybe. i don't drive very much.

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    that's great to hear...

(already asked & answered)

Having fun in Denver?

And we move the meetings around...we do car pool and generally, someone can get to you at a train station

20. KeaJade

Jan 31, 2002
    denver's cool. i went snowboarding yesterday and am in a bit of pain right now. so where are meetings usually?

21. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    It depends really. They can be all over the state. Where are you from?

22. KeaJade

Jan 31, 2002
    i'm from Westfield.

23. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Yeah...

So far, we have held meetings in:

Freehold
    Bloomfield
    Princeton
    Fairfield

next one is probably at the Convention in Philadelphia...

This summer
    Seaside Heights is a must for the boardwalk

24. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Ahh Westfield. I know that area. Right off the Parkway. My uncle lives in Clark.

Well, if you ever need a ride to a meeting or anything then just let me know. I'll be happy to help.

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    that won't be a huge problem...

In fact, we will be heading back into North Jersey in either June or August...

And in July, there is a BBQ up there...

Oi vey....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.