main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark When do we want to get together again???

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jeepgirls30, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Anybody got any suggestions on when and where to do a meeting?? It would be a good time for me to give out copies of the Fox 16 Newscast...Lot's of us are on there. Just give me enough time to make some copies.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm game. Though because I took off half day Wed and all day Thurs (and the near whole week of C3 time frame...) I am not going to be able to take off any time soon. So the only time I could meet up is on the weekends.

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Weekends are good.

4. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Weekends work for me Jeepgirl. I just requested a copy of your tape on another thread. Forgot how many threads there are. OOOPS! Hope everybody is doing great!!
    Later!!

5. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Well, I have said this before and I will say it again. I like the way they do things in Memphis.
    When you want an activity, plan one and invite everyone and start a thread--sometimes, depending on the nature of the activity, or how official you want it to be, or if you want it posted on the official site (how does that work?), you may want to talk to Henry about it before posting the thread. You will also want to post the thread a week or two ahead of time, so that people will come (unlike me--SORRY!! I will do better next time).
    I think that a game night or a costuming activity or a movie night (possibly A New Hope ;) ) is in order.
    I want to do another drive-in night at my parents' house, but am planning on waiting until latter June or maybe July for that.

I mentioned this to at least one person on Wednesday, but I think this is a good place to mention it: I think that it would be really cool if we had a joint meeting with the Memphis FanForce some time. I would love it if a bunch of us could go up there and crash one of Tim's Drive-in Nights up there (HE HAS A 24 FOOT SCREEN!!!).

Also, Tim is planning on having a Saga Marathon Camp-out some time after the video is out.

Now, I think that my first paragraph sounded a little too blunt, so I want to say now that I think about it, this thread is a good idea. We have lots of different members with all different backgrounds and abilities, and I think having a thread to brainstorm different activities is a good idea. Maybe we should make this the official activity brainstorm thread from now on, with continuing ideas as the club develops and grows.

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, this thread could be used for ALL future brainstorming-get-together ideas. ;)

7. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    The costuming evening sounds like a pretty good idea. Since there were several in the line (at the Rave) who seemed interested in costuming. I have just started to learn how to sew and it doesn't seem to be all that bad at this point. So, does anyone else like this idea? Hi Mr Blunt, are you from Arkansas or Memphis.

8. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    O.K. Is anyone game for getting together and seeing the movie again this weekend? Maybe Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. (I don't get out of church until around 12:30 or 1), and that is in Sylvan Hills. So, maybe around 4 or perhaps 7 on the Sunday end of things...
    Most everyone has my cell number, so if you want to see it on Saturday late afternoon or evening, call me please. Otherwise, post a Sunday time. *I have a knitting class from 10 til noon tomorrow in conwy* but anytime after that is great

9. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    OK I am like the biggest insomniac ever,,, It's like 2 am but I keep having ideas that might be good. Is anyone interested in trying to get out in our costumes to drum up some attention for the group. The line was great but people expected to see it there, I was thinking something like Twister games (they are air conditioned) Maybe do a meeting somewhere dressed up, I think that if more people see the group out doint things, we could really grow. I also had an interesting idea about trying to maybe see about going out to Children's hospital in costume...The kids would get a great kick out of it,,, Give me feedback please,

10. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I left a card with an offduty officer that said he had another officer friend that has been looking for a Star Wars group in the area to do things like the special olympics and Childrens hospital things like that he is supposed to get back with me soon. So with the police help we could be huge.

11. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Great!!!! Lets hope we hear from him soon.

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Henry, I know what police officer you are referring to. Did he by chance leave his cell or phone number with you?

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh I like the costuming bit too :D I shamelessly don't really know how to sew though I do own a sewing machine [face_laugh] Still in the box even after 2 yrs...

As for dressing up for special olympics or for kids at hospital - that sounds awesome!! I love kids :D I'd think it'd be a blast to see their smiles :D

14. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Mister Blunt is me, BJ. So the answer about Little Rock or Memphis is both and I don't know, but currently, Little Rock.

--jacob

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sunday - the next important question is where? Lakewood or the Rave? Then time jeepgirls30 gave these times:

Lakewood 3:40pm or 4:10pm
    Rave has it at: 2:45pm, 3:30pm, and 4:30pm

16. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Somebody decide where we are going to see it and post a choice. So, I can figure out what to do with my tomorrow. Having peoples to talk to about Star Wars is so much fun!!

17. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I vote Rave at the middle time of 3:30

18. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    If anyone wants to carpool to the rave (if we go with that idea) let me know. I have to take the spouse to work at noon tomorrow in NLR. We'll be at Sylvan Hills for church, so I'll be coming from that direction. Let me know. 3:30 is fine with me.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well if ya gonna be about the carpool thing sounds good. But I don't want to take you out of the way on getting me back towards Jax. What time would you have to pick your hubby back up from work? Do you come near Jax? I could maybe swing in Lakewood's theater parking lot and meet you there and hitch a ride from there? It wouldn't be too far from Sylvan Hills is it?

20. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I am going to see it for the third time at cabot tonight.....

21. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Carpool is your friend. I drop Mark off at the McCain Wal Mart and I can swing by the Lakewood parking lot and pick u up from there. Sounds great. So, since the flick is at 3:30 and we would want to get there fairly early, although part of my line obsession has faded now that I have been able to see it for the 4th time. Let me know what is good for you guys.

22. PrincessNeko

PrincessNeko Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Count me in!!! I am soooo excited. This will be great! I plan on seeing it tomorrow with you guys and once more while the kids are still in school next week...

So, 3:30 at the Rave? Sounds great to me!

How will I find you guys since I am a newbie?

Neko

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll wear a SW shirt that is Ep I based on (has Qui/Obi/Maul on it [face_love]) I have long hair too and glasses - short as well. Bloody DNA from my grandma... everybody in my family is 5'10 and above but my grams is 4'9 so guess what? [face_laugh] I get her genes and at a whoping 5'2!

:D

jeepgirls30 I'll be there around 2pm if that'll be good? Pick me up at the Lakewood theater at 2 or would you want it to be earlier? You mentioned church... what time does it get out?

24. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    That is fine on the time. I leave church soon enough to get Mark to work by noon. Neko: I'll be wearing a red shirt that says Thank you George on the front in big white letters!!! Look forward to meeting you!
    So I'll see you Kynstar at 2 in the parking lot at the lakewood.

25. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey I know it is short notice, but I am going tonight at 7:30 at the rave, anyone interested in meeting me there? Im going with a couple of my friends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.