main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to hold C4 poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jediseanUF, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    How is there any other answer than Indy? It's the largest convention center in the country and it's still not big enough. Why would you want it somewhere smaller?

!snap

2. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I either say Indy or have it at different locations like Wizardworld(comics) conventions.Like a tour.

3. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    I sure hope the C4 team is paying attention because there seems to be near unanimous support for Indianapolis!

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Ulfor, apparently you haven't been reading this thread to clearly as it is far from unanimous support to have C4 in Indy.

My call is still for it to be in St. Louis, and if not there, I think Chicago would be a good choice. Both are major airline hubs which would mean lower plane tickets and both allow for plenty of hotel space.

5. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    Well, maybe not unanimous - but at least it seems to be a strong majority for Indianapolis.

6. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    I don't think it's going to return to Indy - construction plus those traditional time/day slots are taken

7. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    Traditional time slots?Every celebration has had different dates.There is an open weekend in Indy in may,which would be the closest accurate time for a 30th ann.

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    As has been stated before, May's not a good month to have a convention in Indy due to the Indy 500 being on Memorial Day weekend and the city is packed for the whole month with activities leading up to the race.

9. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    I know this does not have anything to do with the subject at hand but I was wondering if anyone knew who played dengar,zuckuss,4-lom and if anyone was in ig-88?I collect autographs and cannot find anything on these characters,.

10. Redfogo

Redfogo Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2005
    How about Nebraska it is in the middle of the US has th 2nd best zoo and they just got a new convention center its fairly big and they are adding a new adding some extensions its is fairly big here is the web sit http://www.qwestcenteromaha.com/default.asp?lnopt=12&sn1opt=1&sn2opt=1&sn3opt=1&bldgopt=2&month=4&year=2006&newsID=0
    thats the floor plans I hope the people planing C4 take this into Consideration. also let me no what all of you people think

11. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Not to repeat everything people have been stating, but I think that I would like for it to be in Indy again. I really liked it there and it was roomy. The crowed there might be a positive boost for the one day passes. People that are there to see the races will stop by and see star wars. LOL or something along that line. One truely never knows.
    If it isn't in Indy I would like to see it in Vegas but the fact that that area might pretain to adults more than kids might detour the convention planners. I prefer it away from Calafornia. I would hate to have more people there and help that piece of land sink even more into the ocean.

With regards to that I think Indy is the best bet. Where ever it happens to be at, I will be there with a smile on my face wearing an awesome costume prepared to geek out with fellow star wars fans just like C3. I won a lot of stuff at C3 and plan to do so agin. :D

12. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    It's the only intelligent choice.

!snap

13. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    The site visits by LFL to potential C4 sites were months ago, so it's too late, they have already put together there short list. So no amount of tossing out city names will make any difference at this point.

FYI: San Diego insiders report that San Diego did not bid for C4, so even though they were considered by LFL, it off the list.

As a NYC native, I would never put NYC on the list for a multi-day National/International con. While the Javitz is the 18th largest CC in the USA, it's all the way on the edge of Manhattan, and not near any Subway station or transportation hub. And they will not have the expansion to the Javitz and new hotels build there for years. So you have to use shuttle busses to get people to transport hubs and to overpriced NYC hotels.

And I don't know why everyone is so rah rah for INDY. Did you guys really attend the same C3 that I did ? The Convention Center was way too small, people has to wait in terrible weather for hours just to get into the building and then wait in more lines for everything. I was so sick after returning from C3, and it took some really high powered Rx and feeling like crap for 2 weeks before I was better.

So a big thumbs down for INDY from me. I would much rather go to a Convention Center that is big enough to hold the con in and one in a place that will not have such potentially bad weather.

14. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    According to this website, Rick McCallum, who might have something to do with the decision of where to hold C4, says that he "digged Indy" and wouldn't mind going back for another celebration coinciding with the 30th anniversary next year. So Rick McCallum should be included on the pro-Indy list for Celebration 4!

15. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    Amen to that brother!!!!Go ahead and remove the hollywood sign!!Woohooo my hope lives!!

16. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Ulfor-Bombaasa, what site are you referring to?

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Lucasfilm's backyard: San Francisco. :D

18. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    So a big thumbs down for INDY from me. I would much rather go to a Convention Center that is big enough to hold the con in and one in a place that will not have such potentially bad weather.

I hear you about the weather and the lines getting into the convention itself, however the weather was only crappy for a short while [IMO] and I don't know why but I get the distinct feeling that people think Celebration IV will see the same attendance CIII had. If CIV gets even 1/3 of what Celebration III did I'll nothing short of amazed. Indy should be more than sufficient in handling the crowd this time around IMO. I'm not so adamant about wanting it in Indy as I am in wanting it in a central location.

19. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Indy was fine for CII because it was at a different time of year. The sun was out the whole time! CIII was moved earlier to accomodate people buying advance tickets for ROTS, I believe, and look what happened!

20. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    I am quoting this website: TheForce.Net. Check for: Rick McCallum on the Future of Star Wars posted by Dustin on May 3 under Latest News. Here's the quote:

Celebration 4 - Rick digged Indy, wouldn't mind going back. Mentions another "celebration" possible around a big anniversary next year.

21. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Indy still gets a strong vote from me.

22. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I still say Indy! Reasons for Indy for a Star Wars Celebration IV:

1. Interstate system is extension and spider-like- going in all directions. I-65, I-70, I-69, and I-74 go through Indy.

2, Indianapolis International Airport has huge and close to an interstate.

3. Enough hotels to to have at least 30,000 hotels rooms in meteropolition area

4. Hotels close to Indiana Convention Center and connecting by skywalks

5. Circle Center Mall is connected to the convention center too.

6. Celebration II and III showed the Convention can handle the crowds plus more if RCA Dome is leased also.

Indy is my vote! Go Indy!

23. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I would LOVE for C4 to be back in Indy just for the simple fact that I would get to go on another road trip with other 501st members! My friend and I drove 13 hours from Ottawa, Ontario Canada to Indy, and it was MUCH better than flying.......cheaper too!

There are a lot of nay-sayers out there that are against Indy. Mostly because it wasn't big enough. Well, I don't think that there will be as many people at C4 than were at C3 just because there isn't a movie coming out. Sure there are other things going on, but the only major thing is the 30th anniversary. I honestly don't think that there will be the big crouds.

The Bloodfin Garrison were great hosts! And I honestly hope C4 will be back in Indy!!

And Rick said himself that he "digged Indy". Of course we could debate this untill we are all blue in the face. It doesn't matter what we say (although I wish it did) where C4 is. Ultimatly, someone will not be happy.

VaderFanForever

24. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    Anyone who doesnt want Indy should eat raw fish!!!Wait a minute I love raw fish.The penguin.I want Indy!!!!and bring back that young chinese kid too!!

25. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Indy is perfect because the city is smaller than New York or LA. Thst makes it easier for people to use a map to find where they are going. If I had a choice between Indy and LA weather it would be Indy. Then again I have lived in Indiana for 27 years. I am used to rain, snow, tornados, etc. I am told LA is much hotter and humid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.