main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which episodes would you skip?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by 07jonesj, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    There are a few episodes I dislike solely for ugly scenery (Ryloth, the Citadel trilogy) but I've omitted those so this list only focuses on episodes whose plot I didn't enjoy.

Season One:
    -Bombad Jedi
    -Jedi Crash

Season Two:
    -Defenders of Peace
    -Senate Spy
    -Lightsaber Lost
    -Senate Murders*

Season Three:
    -Supply Lines
    -Corruption*
    -Pursuit of Peace

Season Four:
    None, I loved this whole season

Season Five:
    -A War on Two Fronts*
    -The Soft War
    -A Sunny Day in the Void*

An asterisk means I despise the episode and will never watch it again as long as I live.:p

07jonesj likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, there are some episodes I dislike that I wouldn't skip, because they're essential to episodes later on, so my worst episode list and skip episode list are different. :)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Defenders of Peace is a S1 episode. Also, Jedi Crash is amazing just for the action scenes in the beginning even if you don't like the more cerebral aspects that get introduced in it later on, I definitely wouldn't recommend skipping that to anyone who hasn't seen it.

4. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    D'oh. I had originally written the list without any season headers but added them in later on, must've made a mistake while typing them in.

5. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I think Jar Jar and the Droids episodes are by far the worst...I've been doing a clone trooper review the past couple weeks and re-watching the series and I just finished "Shadow Warrior" and its probably the most frustrating episodes ever. The Duel between Dooku and Anakin is pretty cool but besides that...I hate it.

Besides the obvious fact that its a Gungan/Jar Jar centric episode, they actually HAVE General grievous pretty much deactivated and THEY DON'T KILL HIM?!?!?! Its really IMO the most frustrating moment in the series ever...nothing could ever be worse than watching that in my opinion....even the Void..

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Episodes I skip always:

- Duchess of Mandalore, Deathtrap, Sphere of Influence, Corruption, Assassin, Evil Plans, MORTIS, Padawan Lost, SHADOW WARRIOR, Nomad Droids, Darkness on Umbara, Plan of Dissent, A Friend in Need, Friends and Enemies, Crisis on Naboo, Brothers, War on Two Fronts, Front Runners.

The series would be better off without these episodes.

Wait what?! Ugly scenery? You hate these episodes cause of design of the planets... :confused:

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think they're excellent arcs, too!

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Why did you include Jedi Crash if I may ask.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan you watch Deception and The Box but not Friends and Enemies or Crisis on Naboo? I think Friends and Enemies has perhaps the best Anakin/Palpatine/Jedi Council intrigue of the whole series.

Seerow likes this.
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I do that... it maybe cause of the reason you listed
    I am not fond of that relationship.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    To me it does a great job of setting up Ep. III and makes Anakin's fall less haphazard, abrupt, and purely arrogant in relation to the Jedi Council.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The politics of the Jedi Council vs. the Senate is something I really enjoy seeing. The whole point of the Clone Wars is that it's Palpatine's plan to erode the Jedi Code. You could say that the Jedi vs. the Senate is more important than the actual battles themselves.

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    i would skip the droid arc from season 4 and the D-Squad arc

Huyang likes this.
  14. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Must-skip list: 01x08, 01x11-12, 03x04-07, 04x01-03, 05x10

Should-skip list: 01x02-04, 01x06-07, 03x08, 04x04

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    You do not like the Malevolence arc?!

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    The plots and scenery are two different things. Take the Citadel trilogy, for all intents and purposes it was amazing. However, there was something about Lola Sayu's dull, sickly-looking shades of shady purple mingled with that weird glowing yellow lava was just...egh, the planet just made me cringe to look at. I dunno, color and scenery that are visually uninteresting or ugly to me just tend to have an adverse effect on my enjoyment of the episodes.

However, I will say that I'm extra-sensitive when it comes to aesthetics, so it's probably just me.

It's been a while when I saw the episode so a second viewing might change my opinion, but at the time of watching I didn't really like Ahsoka, Anakin, clones, or those monkey-villagers, and I wasn't too fond of the trek through the Lurmen planet's endless grassy fields. Episodes with characters hiking through a bland environment without much action just aren't my cup of tea (which is much of the reason why I disliked A Sunny Day in the Void).

EDIT: I know I said on the list that I loved every episode in Season Four, but I just now remembered Crisis on Naboo. It was, quite frankly, terrible. It made Cad Bane look ineffective, the episode's climax was yet another stupid Anakin vs. Dooku duel, and Dooku's betrayal of the bounty hunters pretty much rendered the entire arc pointless. It wasn't a very stellar way to end what was otherwise a magnificent arc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.