main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of these do you want to see die in Star by Star?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TajirisKickofDeath, Aug 5, 2001.

?

Which of these do you want to see die in Star by Star?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Luke Skywalker

6.3%
  2. Mara Jade Skywalker

10.2%
  3. Ben Skywalker

4.7%
  4. Jacen Solo

7.9%
  5. Corran Horn

5.5%
  6. Kyp Durron

7.1%
  7. Borsk Fey'lya

31.5%
  8. Nom Anor

14.2%
  9. Other (please specify in your post)

12.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    You people are terrible!!!!

Wanting Mara Jade to die when she has a child??!! That's terrible!!

And some even want Ben Skywalker to die?!!

Explitive Explitive Explitive

That's sickening. An innocent child, who has done nothing wrong, has not even lived long enough to see/do anything, and is a newborn!!
    You people are probably in support of abortion too.

Shame be upon you, your soul, your mind, and your heart.

2. NotQuiteSane

NotQuiteSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    I'll probably sound like a nooB board visitor here when I ask these questions, but I don't follow every topic, and never asked before, so blah, I'm asking now.

What topic is discussing Nom Anor joining the NR? I'd like to see that.

Where can I find a list of all the known titles of NJO books thus far and yet to come?

We've seen the Sbs cover. How do we know that it's Anakin on the back, who said this? And if that is a Vong on the front, who is it?

When does The Approaching Storm take place?

Is Tim Zahn slated to write any NJO novels?

Who are Herbert and Jimmy?

Which should be read first, the Corellian Trilogy of novels (is that right? the ones involving Centerpoint..), or the Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy?

If I am scorned for this, so be it. If I get answers, well d*** I'll be surprised.

3. LovelyLeia

LovelyLeia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2001

I want nobody to die.

Hey, a lot of people voted for Mara or Ben, and I count only one that posts in the H/L thread. Looks like there are others insensitive fans out there. Of course, only people who want Mara or Ben to die are insensitive. It's okay to want anyone else to die, so I have been told.

4. theSpaniard

theSpaniard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2001
    I voted for Corran. He never impressed me.

5. Jedi_Lila

Jedi_Lila Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2001
    No one! The NJO is dark already.

LovelyLeia, apparently some characters are so important it is rude and insensitive to not like them, but it's okay if it's another character which is less important or less popular, or so someone just recently told me. Good logic.

6. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Corran, maybe...

But NOT Nom Anor! Not yet, at least... He's the only interesting Vong character, and has a lot of things to do.

7. JediLurker

JediLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2001
    Who were those sick people who voted for Ben Skywalker? Do you really want to see a new born baby die? Are you really that perverted? That is just so sad and cruel. I don't think I could possibly read starwars again if Del Rey listened to those few sad pathetic souls who wish to rob young children the chance of living a full and happy life.

8. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Agreed. It can't be Ben, he's the hope for a future. I say Jacen needs to die! He's served his purpose, had his 15 minutes of fame, and now could best serve the series by dying. Of course(daring to be blasphemous), I voted Luke. I'd like to see him taken out(except that Ben needs a dad). His character is old beyond his years, and it'd make room for the new. This is supposed to be the NEW Jedi Order...

9. JediLurker

JediLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, I'm glad you agreed with me about Ben part but, sorry to say, you just got bumped off my good list (jk, I really don't have any such thing). But anyway, how can you possibly wish Luke dead? Not only is he one of my favorite characters, he is essential to the NJO. All these people who think that teenagers and youngsters can function without experienced adults (btw, Luke is not old, so there is no reason to believe that being a little past 40 makes you incapable of funcion) is basically a load of crap. Not all young people are "super" beings like the solo kids (that also annoys me how they're just a little too perfect... but that's another issue altogether). Most teens and pre-teens need the stability and support of caring adults. I doubt that I could handle real life without my parents and I'm the same age as Jaina/Jacen. Trust me: Luke is needed. Especially considering he has a new born kid now. To kill him off now would be almost as bad as killing off young Ben.

10. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    I agree that Ben needs a Dad. That's my only objection to Luke dying. I think there are plenty of other adults to provide support for the youngins. (I do admit that some of them are a bit too unrealistic) Think of how his death could be used to develope other characters. We see Mara having to raise Ben, Leia loose her brother, other Jedi all of the sudden have to fill a huge role...and it would really bring the Jedi together; a great way to eliminate the LukevsKyp wedge.

As to Luke's age, I said he was old beyond his years. While physically he really is still young, all the stuff he's been through has aged him. Going to the dark side, having a part in killing your dad, loosing limbs, saving the galaxy, multiple near death experiences(in each book). Just try to consider it objectively...

11. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    All of us have want to know who dies in SBS and which death will touch Jaina deeply. Ok

Like Yoda says : Always in motion is the future.

But look for some clues at pages 272-273 of Rebirth

When Luke help Mara before the birth of Ben, he has a vision of the future and in this there's a planet who resmbles a lot at Coruscant but not Coruscant and in the future there is no Mara.

So two possibility : Coruscant is taken by YV or it's Mara who'll die in next book, to my great regret.

12. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    DIE Borsk Die!.I am saying this because he is sooooooooo annoying.I especially decided it was time for him to go when he insulted Jaino.

I think Mara should live because she is a pretty good role model and she's got a kid.

Luke should live because he has a kid and he's only saying what he believes is the right thing.

Bad Kyp very bad Kyp. In my opinion is just a big old liar.

As for Jacen I think he is coming around.Hopefully.

Some of you peeps are sick! How could you want Ben to die.He's a little baby.Geez.

Nom Anor can't die yet . He still has more problems to cause for both the NR and the YV.

13. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Other - the entire Yuuzhan Vong race. Because they aren't fun villains at all. I think Star Wars needs the element of fun, and the Vong have eliminated it.
    Also other - Jacen and Anakin Solo. I can live with Jaina. At least she has a promising career as a Rogue Squadron pilot. But the other two are turning into brooding Jedi.

14. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    dam!! i gotta read Rebirth!! where i live, it doesnt sell it yet :mad:

but i dont want anyone to die..chewies death already brought down the mental image of Starwars which was created by the OT so killing off another main character would just suck

15. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Die, Jimmy, die!

16. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    other, Mace Windu.

17. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I wish that nobody would die.

If Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, or Ben die it would put their parents through extreme grief.

Han, Leia, Luke, and Mara are all parents and are all popular and important characters. I would hate for any of them to die.

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I'm sick of these death polls and the almost gleeful wishing of character deaths by people who are supposed to be SW fans! I agree with those who don't want ANY of the SW heroes to die. I read SW books for entertainment, not to be depressed, discouraged, or angry. SW is supposed to be a hopeful universe where good triumphs over evil and the heroes win out over the villains despite all odds, not where favorite characters, old or new, are killed off.

19. yoda_does_dallas

yoda_does_dallas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
  20. NotQuiteSane

NotQuiteSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    Whatever happened to Winter anyways? Is she off married to Tycho somewhere on Coruscant or elsewhere? I'd love to see her brought back, maybe as Ben's caretaker, as she was for the other kids, or back into her Intelligence role.

21. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    I'd love to see her in the intelligence role, but really, her character was far too cool for a Nanny. And Ben could really use parents who are willing to raise him themselves.

22. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    If she comes back I don't want to see her as ben's caretaker. Let her grow, I mean really shes married and perhaps has her own children and you're going to just sit her in a room to watchover ben while everyone else runs around the Galaxy?
    Bugger that.

23. JediSiddKillstheVong

JediSiddKillstheVong Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2001
    I think Nom Anor should bite the dust. Hes just too unbelievably hypocritical. He used the "infidel blaster" to kill his fellow Vong!

24. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    MayoSolo, I'm with you about Borskie.

And I just don't believe all these posts about wanting Jacen and Anakin to bite the dust. Kyp's death, I can live with, but not Jacen and Anakin. The family's been through enough. Let the members of the Skywalker/Solo family die the natural way.

As for Nom Amor, my only stipulation about his death is that it be at the hands of Mara Jade. She's got a mighty big bone to pick with him, and his death's the only thing that'll satisfy the Skywalker/Solo family.

25. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Anakin Solo must die. He's had his fifteen minutes of fame, and his only remaining purpose is to die and show everyone why hyper-agressiveness won't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.