main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Which Theatre?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by swinky68, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swinky68

swinky68 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Here's a lively topic! Which theatre should we support for lining up? I did the Tinsletown line for TPM. They provided security and let us use the bathrooms all night! Plus, we got a ton of media coverage! So, should we go there again? Or should it be Stonybrook this time? Somewhere else here in town? Let your opinions be heard!

swinky68

2. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    We (Old-Ben and I ) are planning to Line-up at Stoneybrook..........if you want to join up email me!!!!! Old-Ben came up with an idea to get enough people so that there is nothing but HARDCORE REAL FANS in the entire theater for the first showing....the idea is th LIne-up about 4 or 5 days ahead of time....if you wanna join, email me!!!!!!!1

3. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I vote for Tinseltown for the exact reasons mentioned in the first post. The management there was absolutely GREAT to the fans, while the National Amusements management at both Stonybrook (which had then just opened) and at Bardstown Road were complete jerks about it. My friend is a supervisor at Stonybrook and he says that they're not planning on doing anything, and that there has been talk of not even allowing people to camp on the property. If anyone hears anything about a Tinseltown line, please pass it along (john@deceptitech.com).

Don't get me wrong, I actually prefer the Stonybrook theaters to Tinseltown, but MAN was the staff at Tinseltown great back for TPM. That line was so much fun. Even that "Darth Paul" guy who seemed to only come out of his tent when the media cameras were around.

-John

4. --SithLord--

--SithLord-- Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Darth Paul guy! Yeah I remember him at Tinseltown!! I wonder who he will be this year!

We all had a BLAST in line for Episode I. We plan to do the same this year, and to repeat what has been said by Unicron, Tinseltown was MORE than accomodating. They let us use the bathrooms and were VERY friendly. Swinky is right, the media flocked to Tinseltown. I think we should all line up there! I heard some bad things about Stonybrook.

Hope to meet some of you fans there!! Peace.

5. CITIZEN_SKYWALKER

CITIZEN_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2002
    Yeah, from what I've been hearing Tinseltown plans on letting people camp out. But, some of the news might be flocking over to StonyBrook. I can guarantee that WHAS will be at Tinseltown, due to the fact that they're kind of loyal to doing Entertainment stuff from that theatre and Baxter Avenue.

6. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    Ok, we are all going to meet, so that we can line up together, everyone in favor, say "Aye".....hehe, i always wanted to say that......... [face_devil]

7. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Personally I prefer Stonybrook! We went about 10 times opening week (including twice opening day) and never had any problems. I'm not overly concerned with media coverage or bathrooms, I just want to see the movie!!!!

Of course, I didn't line up days in advance either, I just bought my tickets two weeks early.

Maybe we should organize line-ups at BOTH theaters!

8. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    For me the lining up (both to buy tickets and again to get into the theater for the midnight show on Tuesday) was actually more fun than seeing the film itself. It was cool hanging out with so many other SW fans, like the guys who were behind me in the line that put up a sign any time the media was around that said, "Yes Boss, we are still sick." :)

9. Pixie

Pixie Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    ive always been partial to the baxter ave theatres. plus, my bf is friends with the owner and his niece lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.