main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Who has more knowledge of the force, Yoda or Qui-Gon?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Teaviex Cue, Mar 4, 2013.

?

who?

1. Yoda

40 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. Qui-Gon

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Equal

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I think that you misread my post. I said it would not AUTOMATICALLY make them the most knowledgeable scientist. Obviously a new breakthrough such as the cure for cancer or discovery of Relativity by Einstein would likely place a scientist near the top in knowledge. Qui-Gon made a great discovery. Is it at the level of a cure for cancer? That is debatable. I do not believe that his discovery means he has more knowledge over a Jedi who have been studying the Force for a nearly a millennium.

2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    He probably wouldn't have charged blindly headfirst into a war, but would have questioned everything about the war and been wary about the underlying plot by the Sith and the coming fulfillment of the prophecy. He would have kept a much closer eye on Anakin than the ROTS Jedi did.

3. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    I agree with this. In fact, I would go even further and say it is highly unlikely Anakin would have turned had Qui-Gon lived.

4. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    That's the thing about that whole prophesy though, if Anakin's destiny was to restore balance to the force, destroying the Jedi was a part of that destiny, too.

The point being, if Qui-Gon's survival would have turned Anakin to a different path, then his death was destined too.

5. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    You could also say that Anakin would not have married Padme or would Qui-Gon have condoned the marrige?

I also think that with Qui-Gon alive like another member said would have wanted to question the true motives behind the GAR creation and the Separatist leaders succession from the republic.

6. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013

7. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    I double posted by accident im sorry for this.

8. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    We are now entering the realm of speculation. However, I think Qui-Gon would have seen the potential for the romance sooner. Whether he would have stopped the romance or mitigated the effects are matters of debate. Clearly, Qui-Gon was unconventional, he may not have intervened if he felt there was no danger from the romance. Remember, Anakin fell prey to Palpatine's manipulations. Qui-Gon may have argued that the visions of Padme dying were not absolute. In essence, he likely would have been an effective counter to Palpatine's influence.

sg1A likes this.
  9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    First of all. [face_beatup]

Secondly,

10. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I think Yoda knew more about the Force than Qui-Gon, but I honestly think Qui-Gon was wiser. I'd put my trust in Qui-Gon rather than the Yoder, cause Qui-Gon isn't as restricted to a dogmatic set of rules like the Yoder is (isn't that why he was never on the Council?). Qui-Gon listens to his feelings and heart, while Yoder teaches that you need to be away from your feelings and not let them interfere with the current task. Qui-Gon is more of a very wise Gray Jedi instead of an actual Jedi, since he seems to be a little rogue in his methods...

11. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
  12. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Haha yeah I get that a lot lol XD

13. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    Yoder, you seek Yoder

you know him??

nope, A Yoda know I do though hmm *chuckles*

:p

darthbarracuda likes this.
  14. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    To bad he didn't stop and think.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    <--------------- This guy.

16. Master Darla Mid

Master Darla Mid Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2013
    Yoda, I'm pretty sure they state that in the movies. Qui-Gon was close though.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not necessarily.

Sitara likes this.
  18. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Of course it was, because he did.

19. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Yoda is more powerful because it seemed that every other Jedi, even Qui-Gon, looked to him for advise.

Also Yoda fought and was not defeated by Palpatine where as Qui-Gon was bested by Darth Maul who was along way from Palpatines power.

20. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    The Jedi needed to be abolished and re-started. I was filled with a bunch of hypocrites...even if we don't directly see them on screen. And the dogmatic code...don't get me started on that. Basically, Anakin needed to virtually destroy the Jedi, join the Sith, then destroy the Sith as well. That way, Luke could go on and form the NJO and do it in a different fashion than the OJO

21. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    He died before Yoda.

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Incidental contact. A touch foul, if you will.:p

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But that's a lot more detail than what the prophecy said, especially since the prophecy was a Jedi prophecy and wouldn't consider killing them a necessary step. Also, the fulfillment of one's destiny does not necessarily mean that every single step someone takes along the way to that fulfillment of their destiny was a required step. Anakin could have fulfilled his destiny and proven the prophecy correct in ROTS by killing Palpatine when Palpatine was fighting Mace, but he didn't. He waited 20-odd years and did it after Luke pushed him instead.

Valairy Scot and darthbarracuda like this.
  24. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Guys, Anakin didn't need to destroy anything. The whole prophecy crap was made up by Lucas on the spot without any kind of thought put into it, ONLY to highlight Vader...because Vader had become an iconic figure and Lucas felt he needed to portray that in the movies. He likely thought he could make the prophecy make sense as the movies went along....but sadly, it turned out trying make something as vague as "bringing balance to the Force" was nearly impossible to make any sense off, despite the fact that when the idea came to him it probably kinda made sense (in the OT there were 2 Jedi and 2 Sith...that's balanced right?) in a weird sort of way.

Don't you see how the whole prophecy was totally ignored in AOTC, and then retconned into "prophsized to destroy the Sith" and further retconned into "a prophecy misread may have been" in ROTS. Incidentally, midichlorins were also totally ignored in ATOC, but then suddenly in ROTS Sidious said his master could manipulate the midichlorins to create life...while they were watching a space 'opera' that resembled a floating ovary/egg surrounded by swimming sperms

That kinda tells me Lucas realized he f'd up, so he tried to 'intelligently' retconn it all as 'Palpatine and the shroud of the dark side was manipulating everyone all along once more.'

25. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Qui-Gon. Bro was ahead of the game, and if he hadn't met his untimely fate so early in the PT, I bet his guidance could have gone a long way towards preventing Anakin's fall and thwarting (or at least percieving) Palpatine's covert machinations.