main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the most underrated contributor to the Star Wars saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by royalguard96, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSith

RogueSith Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2001
    "He is one of the most underrated directors ever."

Whether that is true or not has nothing to do with the question asked. We're talking about most underrated contributor to the Star Wars saga. How can a guy who is very often given 100% of the credit for creating the saga be underrated? That makes no sense to me.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Even though he did create Star Wars, critics and others still say that he is not a very good director. So thats why I'm saying he's underrated as the director of some of the Star Wars films.

Lucas created Indiana Jones but he did not direct the Indy movies. Someone might say about the Indy films "With a great idea from George Lucas and the directing talents of Steven Spielberg the Indy movies are great. If Lucas directed the Indy films they might say "George Lucas ruins his great idea with bad directing.

I'm saying his contibution of directing the movie is underrated.

3. RogueSith

RogueSith Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2001
    "Even though he did create Star Wars, critics and others still say that he is not a very good director. So thats why I'm saying he's underrated as the director of some of the Star Wars films"

He may very well be, but that's still not related to the question. Critics saying he's not a good director is not underrating how much he has contributed to the saga. Most critics who say the films aren't very good, are blaming GL, so in effect giving him credit(or blame, depending on how you see it) for the quality of the films. That's the exact opposite of underrating his level of contribution.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Please, let's not derail this thread by arguing about Lucas' merits as a director.

Hey royalguard96, you didn't put my vote for Nilo in the poll results. Or can I only pick one guy? I'll leave it at Lucas, if so.

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    RogueSith I got what your saying now. :D

I kind of misunderstood the question. Do you mean that it is the attention this person gets for his or her's contribution. Not the quality of the contribution but the acknowledgement of it. (I hope thats right)

I whould also say the construction workers are underrated. Somebody can design it but someone has to build it. Somebody has to build the set or the props. Like on the Phantom Menace DVD where they are making the Naboo blaster and spray painting them. That takes a lot of work and a lot of craftmanship. :D

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Damon: In your earlier post, you said your vote would go to Lucas. But I'm not at all opposed to the man who designed the royal guards ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.