main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's Your Daddy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Bearleft, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    According to yesterday's N&O, area theatres are participating in a SW promotion for the Father's Day weekend. The direct quote from the ad is as follows:
    "Take your Dad to see Star Wars: Episode III and get a FREE Collectible Father's Day Poster with each ticket purchased."

I'm not sure which theatres are participating, but it's a neat idea.

And on a side note, I think Stacey was the only one I mentioned it to, but on the day of the midnight showing, I had a job interview (at 3 p.m., which made for a long night). I just found out that I got the job. Hallelujah. Which means I'm out of the old and into the new. I knew having an interview on the day of the release (well technically the day before) was good luck.

And no, I didn't go to the interview decked out. :)

Judy

2. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Congrats on the new job, Judy! I am so happy for you. I hope this job is a joy and a wonderful experience for you.

3. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    They sent us 1000 of them at Brier Creek - if you want one let me know and I can hold some aside for you - needless to say we have not given out a lot of them. Our joke was "either buy a ticket over the weekend or get them for free during the week". There was also a shirt on shopstarwars.com that had a picture of Darth Vader and the tagline "Who's Your Daddy" that they touted for Father's Day about a month ago - I am interested to see my dad's reaction next week when they visit up here for Father's Day.

Judy - congratulations on getting your job.

4. MyLoveAnakin

MyLoveAnakin Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I would love one of those posters if you have any left to give out.
    I can come to the theater to pick it up. Let me know!

Thank you,

Wendy

5. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    Wendy - I'll be at the theatre from 2pm to close tomorrow (about 10:15) - come by and ask for me. My name is Daniel Tyson and I am the general manager.

6. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    I'll take one Daniel, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it up. I'm in Atlanta for work until Friday. Congrats on the job Judy!

7. MyLoveAnakin

May 31, 2005
    Thanks Daniel. I have got to run up to Target, so I will come by. Any time that is better than others? I don't want to disrupt your schedule.

Thanks again!

8. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    We got in about a thousand of the mini-posters and they are right on our little table to the left of the door stand. Just come by and grab one.

Wendy - any time today is fine - it is not too busy - Tuesdays tend to be the slowest day of the week.

Daniel

9. MyLoveAnakin

May 31, 2005
    Ok great! So Daniel, should I just grab it off the table or ask for you?

Wendy

10. MyLoveAnakin

May 31, 2005
    Thanks Daniel! I came by about 2:45. I didn't ask for you since they were so neatly by the door! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.