main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why Didn't Sidious Use Both his Lightsabers?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by IndianaBones, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Jedi Knight

Sep 30, 2012
    Since we now know that Sidious owns at least two lightsabers, I was wondering if anyone knows why he didn't use both of these in Revenge of the Sith. Thanks.

-Dr. Bones

2. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Isn't using two lightsabers at the same time a bit clumsy?

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Maybe he was not good at Jar'Kai. He just happened to own two.

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    He doesn't need one lightsabre to unload a can of hurt on anybody. Let alone two.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, he lost one against his fight against Windu, then he lost his second one against Yoda soo

6. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    It is possible that he thought he didn't need two lightsaber to fight the Jedi. And as he matter of fact he didn't. He vanquish them all swiftly though it was tougher against Windu and a real challenge with Yoda.

7. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    I think part of the reason my be Ian McDermaid's inability to fence well. Even using just the one looked pretty awkward for him.

8. katefan

katefan Jedi Knight

Oct 18, 2012
    And think of the risk using two lightsabers entails. It is a weapon that can easily decapitate and dismember. If you aren't used to fighting with two sabers you would only do it if you were desperate, like Anakin vs. Dooku.

9. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    He probably wasn't skilled enough, or concentrated enough to pull of something like that. Also, I don't remember him having 2 lightsabers. Only one.

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    He does have two. He loses the first one against Mace.

11. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 26, 2005
    Everyone has their own style, and it's not like dual-wielding weapons that work best two-handed is a great tactic anyway. Almost no other Jedi fights with multiple sabers either. The few times someone in the movies tries, there are special circumstances and it doesn't last long:

Darth Maul seems to prefer dueling with a single-blade, based on his first encounter with Qui-Gon. He only activated his second blade when fighting Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan simultaneously, probably because it allows him to block attacks from both sides.

When Anakin picked up a second lightsaber against Dooku, he was quickly disarmed and defeated.

Grievous likes to use multiple sabers, but he's a cyborg with powerful spinning hands. Still, even he didn't last very long against Obi-Wan's single well-used blade.

12. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    darth boba is correct

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The only explanation there could be is that he didn't want and need to, and considering the way he dispensed the other three Jedi Masters, it proves that he didn't. And if you factor in that he seems like a cautious fellow, it's safe to say he would have saved a quick backup in case he loses one.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I always assumed the other one was a back up, in case he eventually lost it (which it happened).

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm sure he had more then two.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Palps didn't need to use two sabers at the time. He went thru the Jedi posse quick enough with one.

17. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Sidious uses force lightning, not lightsabers. In the original trilogy, he only use lightning and manipulating his enemies. But, having him use a lightsaber for a short amount of time is very cool and makes the story richer and more detailed, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.