main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Why is Lando getting no love?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012

The cool side needs to be represented in SW! Everytime!

Episode Swag and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Just have him come in at the conclusion of the series to save the day in the falcon. He and Mace Windu. The only two black men in the Star Wars galaxy. Na, there was that royal security guy on Naboo....

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Who got replaced with a different black guy who was also had an eyepatch. Apparently it's a bad gig being a brother working for a certain politician from Naboo...

Darth kRud likes this.
  4. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Err, the 'other black guy' was Maori - Jay Laga'aia. Not 'black'.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Lando is getting more lovin than everybody else in the Star Wars universe, except maybe Emperor Palpatine. Huh???

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Exactly. The reason why we call the big three the big three is because they were in it from the start, and that they would be all family related at this point in time, too. Lando is important, but it wouldn't ruin things if he was only mentioned and not seen. That being said, I've no doubt he'll be in it regardless, because having two cool old dudes sounds better than just having one.;)

7. BobaFett99

BobaFett99 Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2011
    The only news I heard about Lando is that there is a script treatment for Lando Calirissian to return in episode 7, 8 or 9 and Billy Dee Williams himself said he was interested in playing Lando again. Think we will see Lando again too if the old crew is back?

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    No. He's the odd character out. Throwing him in this is like when you play those star wars games that try to push as many film heroes in as possible. Too much.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Darth Chiznuk and Khalil O. like this.
  10. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    Maybe Lando will have a daughter played by Zoe Saldana... who now owns all of Bespin.

11. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I think Disney will do everything they can to link their film to GL's so I'd be knocked off my chair if Lando doesn't play a part in the new film....if they're keeping with the time line Billy-Dee has to play Lando, what would be the point in casting another person??

12. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Lando is really easy to just put somewhere because there is no limits to what a really smooth dude can achieve, with a war hero past and a winning smile.
    Otherwise universe-shrinking things can be jarring but Lando fits anywhere. Politician? Crime boss? Military man? Artist? Sure, why not.

13. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    It would be nice to see Lando at least referenced in the films, but I'm hoping they'll pass the torch to someone new. 4-6 (actually, 5 and 6) had Lando, 1-3 had Mace, it's someone else's turn to take the limelight.

14. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013

15. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I think Lando will be in the ST in a political role, but if he isn't in it himself i think a Calrissian will play a role somewhere in the Story.

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I believe there is a part for Lando in EP7 he's just mulling over an offer right now.......

17. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Han, Luke and Leia are the big three. Kind of like how Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are DC's "big three." Lando is great. I love him. But, he is more like the Flash or Green Lantern (no not the horrible movie GL). A great supporting character.

18. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Don't get me wrong, I love Lando. He's smooth, and quotable.

But what's he going to do in the sequel trilogy? You can't just include characters as furniture.

If Lando's going to be in it, he should stab the New Republic in the back. Set up some dodgy deal with the remnants of the Empire to save one of his business interests or something.

That would actually make it worth having him in the movie. He was great in Empire, but a bit rubbish in Jedi once the nuance had been drained from his character.

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    If they are going send Lando's character backwards, instead of progressing like everyone else, keep him out of the film. I hate how some people want Lando to always backstab his friends and be an overall ****.

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    With all due respect, I like the guy. I understood his reasons for doing what he did in ESB.

He had a large community and accompanying business interests to protect. What he did seemed right at the time.

And why does he have to 'progress'? Progress to what? To being Han Solo mk 2 in a cape? He was more interesting when he was ambiguous. I never thought he was a ****. He was a grown up, having to make grown up decisions.

21. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    It was actors / characters in the main and supporting cast of the OT that is why the OT was so superior to the PT. Billy Dee was a HUGE reason for that.

He'll be back -- if only to put Colt 45 back on the map.

22. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    How bout a smart-@$$ and cagey Lando daughter in some position of power whether political or corporate -- Zoe Saldana -- kicking @$$ and taking names. She could play any role of any genre of character as far as I'm concerned.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000

I agree with your thoughts on him and his actions in ESB. I just don't want him portrayed as being untrustworthy. As far as him progressing, Lando and his wife Tendra have a successful business in the current EU. I just want Hus character to get his proper respect.

24. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    If one of his wives , Leia is going to be in the film then I don't see why he wouldn't be in the film.

25. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    What about this guy, the great Grizz Frix
    [​IMG]

Why does everyone forget THIS guy - the Rebel Alliance wouldn't have won the Battle of Endor without him...