main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Boba Fett be a major part of the TV Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by helluvacopter, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helluvacopter

helluvacopter Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    Think about it. The last we see of him in Episode II is him holding his father's helmet. Lucas mentioned at Celebration III that the series was not going to focus a lot on any main characters from the prequels, but then he retracted and said that wasn't neccessarily true. I think showing the development of B. Fett would be amazing to see!! I don't read the books, so I don't know how he was trained, or if he was adopted by another bounty hunter or what! I hope Lucas realizes there is a huge fanbase with Boba Fett and includes this in the series.

2. matrix_dark_jedi

matrix_dark_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    its a good idea, many fans want to see boba fett in a series, and beside that, in the PT boba can be considerated as a non-principal character because jango is a principal.

3. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I personally don't want to see him in the series, but I'm sure he'll pop up from time to time.

4. OldMcJedifarmer

OldMcJedifarmer Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Actually this is what will probably happen,

Ratings drop #1 show Boba fett
    Ratings drop #2 show Vader
    Ratings drop #3 show LUke and han and leia in the future
    Ratings drop #4 show why Vader said to boba no distingrations in ESB
    Rating Drops#5 palps says to vader "I am your father"
    Ratings drop #6 Vader makes a permenant cast memeber
    Ratings drop #7 Canceled!

probably not far from the truth

ratings drops will give the creaters excuse to bring in "MAin stream" characters.

5. Not--A-Moon

Not--A-Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    "no disintegrations."

You guys are so friggin' obsessed with Fett. I could care less if he has an appearance in the show or another movie.

More importantly, I would like to see what connection there is to why Vader would not allow his Stormtroopers to shoot Chewbacca...I think that is supremely interesting...

The "no disintegrations" line is just a throwaway line about bounty hunters in general. I wouldn't waste my time. Unless you want to blow you load when you see Boba Fett actually disintegrate a stormtroooper???

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    More importantly, I would like to see what connection there is to why Vader would not allow his Stormtroopers to shoot Chewbacca...I think that is supremely interesting...

You want a whole series based on the fact that he needed them to lure Luke to cloud city? That seems pretty freakin dull.

7. SithLord4488

SithLord4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    that would be cool, but not as that stupid kid...PLEASE!!!

8. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    "More importantly, I would like to see what connection there is to why Vader would not allow his Stormtroopers to shoot Chewbacca...I think that is supremely interesting..."

I assumed he didn't want him to hit C-3P0 on his back, his old droid who had already been blown to bits once recently.

9. Boba-Frapp

Boba-Frapp Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    Boba will probally pop up from time to time. He's out there along with the other bounty hunters. I wouldn't also be suprised to see Chewie atleast once. The empire made slaves of the wookies at some point so I assume that would be included in the series.

10. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Fett every now and then.

But NOT every week, he is overated enough as it is.

11. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I think that young Boba Fett would absolutely ruin a show. Just think of TPM and how it was to see a young Anakin. I liked TPM but youn "Ani" was definitly a low point (but not as low as Mr. Binks). I feel the effect on a show would be the same. Boba is a cool character were he stands, and it should be left alone.

12. MasterShake5009

MasterShake5009 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2005
    I wouldn't mind it, but it probably won't happen since it would seem since Boba Fett has become more than a minor character, since you basically get to see his origins from AOTC.

13. dL-Fett

dL-Fett Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I agree with not wanting to see him every week,
    but i do want to see what makes him the most notorious bounty hunter... unless he's portrayed as a kid...(jake llyod returns) "are you an angel?"

14. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    It would be cool if he apeared sometimes but the mystery should be keept. I would rather see some new bounty hunters like Aura Sing (or however the white bounty hunter chick from phantom menace was called).

15. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    sergejg posted on 6/2/05 12:01am
    It would be cool if he apeared sometimes but the mystery should be keept. I would rather see some new bounty hunters like Aura Sing (or however the white bounty hunter chick from phantom menace was called).
    [hr][/blockquote]

I agree, Boba Fett is really cool but he would be over exposed IMO.

16. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I think the PT has successfully killed the mystery that was BobaFett :(

17. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    well, he might be, but I don't see why you need him so much. Seriously, he is really overrated. The main focus of the cartoon between episodes III and IV would be Vader hunting down the rest of the Jedi. Oh yeah, that and the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Well a show on Vader would sell.

Boba fett is another matter. When he was first introduced Lucas had him die like a punk in RTJ to prove he was not that important to the story.
    Then he changed his mind and had him in attack of the clones which was huge mistake in JMO.

Besides what are we going to have for the show. 15 yr old Fett on his first mission "Foire Ded Foire"

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    You guys are so friggin' obsessed with Fett. I could care less if he has an appearance in the show or another movie.

and you, apparently, are ready to suffer a brain aneurysm over the popularity of said character.

20. Rennboater

Rennboater Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    Think the diff in costume between Jango and Boba is a story in itself. To have Boba in the tv series, that would over-expose our fave bounty hunter as I agreed with you guys. To have him in a spin-off movie would be a right thing to do. Nothing to do with clone wars or whatever, just a movie of what he is capable of and directed by James Cameron. Anyway, I still am a huge fan of Jango and Boba and I am alright with AOTC, fact, love that movie too!

21. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Boba deserves his due. He's only in AOTC and then after that nothing until Docking Bay 94 in ANH. I'd love to see more of Boba and of Kamino. Taun We as the motherly figure

22. DarthOlomew2005

DarthOlomew2005 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I have posted about this in another thread which has since become burried. So I'll rehash the core of what I had to say:

First of all, I believe that Boba Fett should be a part of the series, but not in the way we have seen him in the classic trilogy.

At this point, he will be a young man with deep confusion about himself and a deep hatred of the Jedi. But since the Empire is already destroying the Jedi with the help of this dark warrior known as Darth Vader, the object of his hatred and thirst for revenge has essentially been removed. Now he is young man without purpose. A drifter, nursing a bad attitude and an obvious disdain for everything around him. He considered joining the Empire, but realizing that hew would be surrounded by an army of clones who look and talk like his "father" he decided that he couldn't deal with it. Eeking out a meager living on some backwater planet, he unwittingly could fall in with a group the series' main good characters. One of them should be a young woman who is willing to look past his harsh and jaded personality and see the potential of a good man capable of honorable deeds. This would be the first time in young Fett's life that anyone other than Jango seemed to care about what he could be. He unwittingly should develop feelings for this young woman who, had the Jedi Purge not happened, may have been a padawan preparing for her trials. She would be force sensitive, and Fett would know it. The kindness this potential Jedi would have shown him would have been enough to ease a great deal of his hatred of the Jedi, and may even let him begin to realize that his father's death may have been due to the fact that he was on the wrong side. Either way, after a few episodes of Fett traveling with the heroes, he realizes that there IS a chance for him to become a better person and to make something of himself. Taking the name Jaster Mareel, he would join a law enforcement organization to which one of the other heroes has ties and is able to put in a good word. They would be referred to as protectors...

A later episode could rejoin Jaster Mareel, now at the rank of Journeyman Protector, who learns of a plot to kill the young woman whom he owes his new life of honor and justice to. The man intended to kill her is another protector, bought out by Imperial agents working for Lord Vader. Mareel/Fett becomes furious and sets out to track the would-be assassin down.

The Fett part of the episode would be a secondary plotline, the main one dealing with the main group being led into a trap set for the young woman who successfully spoke to Fett's conscience. Ultimately, she IS killed, And Fett would have arrived just too late to stop it. But he isn't too late to exact revenge against her killer. However, other protectors arrive who were answering to a tip that one of their own had become corrupt and was there to kill an innocent woman. This would be the Empire's way of cleaning up after itself: First rule of assassination - Kill the assassins. They would not know that the protector Fett killed was the corrupt one. All they would see is this journeyman protector standing over the bodies of a civilian woman and another protector. They ask no questions, and offer no time for explanations. They open fire and Fett escapes. Now an outlaw, he must seek refuge AMONG outlaws. What he didn't see was that someone else was watching the events that unfolded, and that person reports to Jabba the Hutt that anyone who can evade so many protectors may be of great service. This will point towards Fett eventually becoming employed by Jabba, thus tying off his plot thread.

something like this would allow Boba Fett to be a part of the series, but in such a way that neither the series nor Fett's known backstory (canonized and non-canonized aspects) would be destroyed. As to whether or not we see Fett in the Mandalorean suit is not important. And I feel that to show him in it would not be apropriate in that it would only serve to throw the classic Fett character out on the screen. And if they ever do show him in th

23. Tyler_Boydston

Tyler_Boydston Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Just have one or two episodes about Boba Fett, that way it won't *totally* ruin his mysteriousness (sp?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.