main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will 'The Clone Wars' Cartoon Ruin Spoiler Free Fans???

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by wannabeejedi, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannabeejedi

wannabeejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    I am pretty new to this thread and I realize that this particular topic may already been discussed, but I was curious for the truly hard core fans, whom have been spoiler free for Episode I, II and now III, will seeing the next episodes of 'The Clone Wars' ruin any events that will take place in the film? For being one who reads every spoiler out there, I have seen many things that might. For one, the way Anakin gets his scar over his eye, the introduction of the new x-wing ship we saw in the teaser and the biggest seeing more in detail of General Grevious, etc. I know the opening crawl of Episode III will sum up the upcoming episode leading into the battle over Coruscant, but I wanted some other opinions on the subject??

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I'm going spoiler-free for III, and I don't think watching the cartoon is going to be a problem. Come May, the world and his dog are going to know who the General is, so I don't think watching him in CW will detract from the movie at all.

That said, obviously I don't know what's coming up in CW3 yet. They're being tighter with that info than they are with the movie [face_plain]

If opening crawl makes reference to the CW shows, then that's only really going to spoil CW for folks who haven't seen it by then ;)

Normally, I'd say that the CW shows are officially released and not really 'spoilers' as such, but looking at the amount of OS:HS info, there doesn't seem to be much of a distinction there any more. All in all, I'm pretty confident that the CW Cartoons aren't going to spoil the movie, only enhance it :D

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's only really spoiling the introduction of elements that will have already occured by the start of the film, so I think it's more of an extended opening scroll than anything else.

BTW- where did you read about Anakin recieving his scar in the cartoon? I find that odd, considering we've already been shown how he recieved it.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Just enjoy the cartoons when they come out, because chances are they are going to be better than the movie itself. Sorry, but if episode 1 and 2 didin't cut it. What is it going to make me think that 3 will? Batman is my movie that I'm looking for.

5. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    The episode 3 opening scroll has been released

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The episode 3 opening scroll has been released

Which should have no bearing as it shouldn't be posted in this Forum (except perhaps the one thread)...

7. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Being a spoiler-free person, I haven't read it; but it's only just occurred to me that it's actually a double spoiler, surely?

I remember reading that the opening scroll of RotS will mention events from the last Clone Wars episode of season 3. Therefore arguable spoiling CW and RotS. :p

But yeah, there's a thread for all that 'spoiler' gubbins. Not that I'll be in there. ;)

8. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    i dont think it will spoil you but you never know.

9. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I know the opening crawl of Episode III will sum up the upcoming episode leading into the battle over Coruscant

I've read the opening crawl and still, I didn't know of any battle over Coruscant.
    Thanks a lot.

Star Wars is a saga
    Watch and believe

/LM

10. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Who are you quoting there Lars? I can't find that anywhere else in the thread. :confused:

I only ask because it's similar to what I said above, but I sure didn't mention any battle...

11. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It's from the last sentence of the initial post.

Star Wars is six, two and one
    /LM

12. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Ah yeah, so it is. [face_blush]

13. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I have always thought that the Clone War info (books and cartoon) are a vehicle for Lucas to deal with events he has no time to deal with in the film.

If by spoiled you mean know what leads up to the events in EPIII, then yes you will be spoiled. If not, it makes a great teaser and will give you some background on the state of events leading up to the film.

Remember, there will never be a Canon movie of the Clone Wars, so this is all you are going to get.

14. AqUaMuLe

AqUaMuLe Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    I hope so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.