main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will the Millennium Falcon be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Golden Jedi Knight, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    At this point, I feel fairly safe assuming that Harrison Ford will reprise his role as the smuggler/former Rebel Alliance general/scoundrel we all know and love. Is it safe to assume that the Falcon will also be back? It would be strange if they had Han Solo back without his famous ship.

2. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Absolutely.

3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    If Han is, of course it will be

Really if he wasn't, it's still likely it would be seen

Darth Chiznuk and KevinM1 like this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Of course it will - you got more chance of being invaded by Alien's than having Han & no Falcon .

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    What everyone else has said.

If you have Han, you'll have the Falcon. The two go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other.

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Han Solo will be piloting his new ship, the Flarecon.

7. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I read the idea on another thread of the Falcon being in storage and Han having to use it in an emergency. I suspect it will be given some action, but it will not be Han's primary ship initially. I suspect that we initially will see a retired Han who hardly flies anymore, but will take on a dangerous mission and insist on using the Falcon for it despite objections from others.

8. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    You guys sound like you're thinking the same thing I am. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcon looked a bit different from the way it did in the OT . . . after all, this IS the Falcon we're talking about. It would probably have some new tricks up its sleeves.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  9. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah, that's similar to what I was thinking. Another thought I had is that Han sells it to someone and he has to get it back somehow when a crisis comes up.

10. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    Another idea is that Han finally gave it to his son, but complains that the boy does not know what he is doing. He may then get back into the cockpit to show him a few tricks.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    This assumes that Han and Leia has kids, which I feel they will.

12. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    The Falcon will be back. I don't see Han ever giving it up, judging by how much he loved it in the CT. I would like to see the new cast get a new ship, and not be stuck with the Falcon again - it would forever chain the new cast to the old one.

13. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    The Falcon will be the old classic in the ST, a beckon to the years before just like old classic cars are to some of us today. I don't think it will be in storage however, in fact Abrams would do well to start the movie with the Falcon justto get things rolling and begin the New Trilogy by connecting it to the Old Trilogy, afterall 7 is a sequel to ROTJ.

14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The Falcon has just gotta be there....it MUST.

15. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    They'll put the Falcon in, and we'll see Han in the cockpit if Harrison signs on. I do love the idea of a Ferris Bueller moment where the "kids" decide to borrow Dad's classic starship...

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There'll be trouble if its not.

17. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    If I had to guess, it will be in E7 with Han, and will go out with him in some type of suicidal mission that saves Leia and/or others.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Yeah me too, if you have Han you've got to have the Falcon. I like the idea of it maybe not being his primary ship for whatever reason but he decides to use it one last time.........the ST should have way more scope for nostalgia than the PT. Not to everyone's liking but General, count me in!

Revenge of the Dak likes this.
  19. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    i would love to see the falcon get an aston martin/skyfall moment. my idea would be that han and chewie are retired. as a gift they were given a new cruiser, but being old men they would struggle to understand it.the falcon would only be heard about at this point, gathering dust somewhere. to be honest i would make han a bit of a grumpy old man for the majority of the movie, always digging at the hero[ i imagine it will be his son]. in the third act an attempt will be made on leia's life and han and chewie come to the rescue. the main hanger is cut off and chewie leads them to secret hanger where it is reveled that chewie has being maintaining it all this time. then they would escape to possibly find luke. love the idea when we see the falcon again that the star wars theme would kick in.

Revenge of the Dak likes this.
  20. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    As I said earlier in this thread, I believe the Falcon should have some new tricks. I don't know if I would go with something like replacing the arakyd missiles with a lightning gun, like they did in "Dark Empire." Maybe add on extra quad laser cannons? What do you guys think?

21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If it IS true that Ford will be in the ST, then I am SURE the Falcon will be his ship.

Actually, what I would love to see is the Millenium Falcon's demise! Don't get me wrong, I like it enough, (as ugly as it is), but I think it would be a strong story element for somewhere in the ST if we witnessed the destruction of the Falcon, finally after all this time...sort of putting it to rest-perhaps even with Han in it...[face_thinking] Even that could be strong: Finally his character arc would be complete-his making the ultimate sacrifice in giving up even his own life to save someone, or for a cause...

22. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I can see the Falcon back, but finally in good condition. With no crisises, smuggling, and running from the law, Han and Chewie can finally fix that thing up.

A restored, mint condition Falcon.

23. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    SW.com just confirmed.

"After hard negotiations. The Falcon has agreed to sign a 3 movie contract for his role in the sequel movies. JJ Abrams is real happy to have signed up the famous movie star for the upcoming movie stating that it would ad high star value to the production. In other sequel casting news, General Lee did not get pass the first audition stage for a bit part of a vehicle in the sequel.... more on that later!"

24. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Agreed. The Falcon was essentially a character itself in the OT, and one of the iconic props of the entire franchise, along with lightsabers, X-Wings, and TIE Fighters. It makes sense to include it.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I think we'll see the Falcon. Where ever we see Han, the Millennium Falcon is never far away..