main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will this crap never end?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Askaak, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    I suppose this will be deleted too. But I thought I should get my thoughts out on this matter, no matter how briefly.

JC Admins, you are making a big mistake. Banning Ternian and demoting Sil for doing absolutely nothing is appalling. And implicating Ternian in this whole DarthPsychotic thing makes me want to throw up. Seriously. Ternian has seen some things, so have I and many others. Does that mean you'll ban me too? And BobTheGoon? And Raz Zaphon? And countless others...? And for what? Being privy to some emails? We didn't ask for this stuff, we didn't solicit it.. We know nothing of how DP is going about getting these, and we don't care... So why the overreaction? It just seems that you people are on some Holy Crusade to wipe out all opposition, whether directly opposed or not.

Let me just say this, I am sick of the people running the JC. Really, you people disgust me. I've seen how this place operates, I've seen what goes on behind closed doors, and it makes me not even want to be associated with this place. I could name names, but really that would do nothing to further my point. I'll just leave it at that.

Counting down to thread being locked or deleted... 3... 2... 1...

...and locked. See last post.

2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Carefdul Askaak.

Still, I have no idea.

[face_plain]

+1

3. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    life imitates art........

4. MrEmh

MrEmh Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 1999
    Asaak - you do not know the situation, you are operating from a position of ignorance and it is not your fault. You simply are not in the "know" and that is all right. We cannot all be insiders. Suffice it to say that the Administration has obviously received information that pertains to site security. This isn't a personal vendetta or a means to slander; it is for the integrity of the site.

Surely, you can place the site with 50,000+ members ahead of two posters.

5. Askaak

Sep 4, 2000
    This isn't about two posters, it's about the JC Admin and about how this place is being run.

And who are you to tell me that I am ignorant of what's going on... if I didn't know what this was about, I wouldn't say anything.

6. MrEmh

May 14, 1999
    I'm not trying to be rude, but let me ask you: do you have the confidence of the Administration? If you do not, then you are not "in the know." Knowing Ternian's side is fine and beneficial. If ever the admins need someone to ask questions, you can come to his aid. But until you have the entire picture laid out before you, I think it is improper to come up with such a scathing attack on people just doing their job.

7. Askaak

Sep 4, 2000
    Do I have the confidence of the Admins? Hell no, and I don't expect to. But I've been shown what they do behind the scenes, and it isn't pretty.

8. MrEmh

May 14, 1999
    Being shown a few threads and snippets of emails is by no means equal to having their confidence or their side.

9. Crimson

Crimson Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    MrEmh, do you have the confidence of the Admin??? I highly doubt it.

If you read the locked thread about 8 threads down, Scott himself posted what he believes the situation is. [face_plain]

10. Askaak

Sep 4, 2000
    I don't want their side.

See, that's what I'm saying...

11. Rimkar

Rimkar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 1999
    The thing is, he does have the entire picture laid out for him.

What bothers me is that the mod's ability to ban seems to be being used as leverage, or a bargaining chip if you will, to remedy the current security problem. The grounds for banning seem to have become very flexible and now mold to suit whatever purpose is currently trying to be acheived instead of being firm, consistant rules. So instead of truly solving the problem, quality members get carelessly banned and threads get mysteriously deleted.

12. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    "Ternian knows who is hacking the administration portions of our forums and how they are doing it. That's as good as doing the hacking yourself. As long as he's supporting that kind of activity, he doesn't need to post in this forum. If he helps us end it, he's welcome back. It's that simple."

So basically anyone who posts at Episode-X or Aldera is subject to bannings at any moment for not telling Scott everytime DP squeezes out a squeaker.

13. Askaak

Sep 4, 2000
    Hmmm... I mod at the X-Boards.

Is that grounds for banning me here?

Scott?

14. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    If that is an actual AotC line in your sig, you should be banned too. [face_plain]

15. BobTheGoon

Sep 21, 2000
    You should be safe if you ban darthy. Of course, thats if you wanted TheForce.net dictating who you can and can't talk to on other sites...

16. Askaak

Sep 4, 2000
    Ban happy?

17. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    I've just been reading some emails from the JC Admins mail list.

Do I get banned too?

18. DarthDarkDart

DarthDarkDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2000
    Look, not to sound toolish, but I have to admit I can understand why the administration is doing this. They have a problem with security on their site being compromised, and in times of crises it's sometimes necessary to do things that wouldn't be acceptable otherwise. The United States detains suspected terrorists in wire cages in Guantanamo Bay and wants to try them before military tribunals. Is that constitutional? No, but since the U.S. is in a pinch right now, it's allowed to bend a few rules. I feel the same way about the staff of TFN.

19. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Well, Sils demoted and Ternian's banned, but I'm still reading things I shouldn't be, so obviously they didn't solve the problem. The only way they'll solve their problem is if they either clean up their act and stop saying such stupid things that people would want to see leaked, or spend lots and lots of money on security.

20. BobTheGoon

Sep 21, 2000
    They think Sil was a leak/compromised acccount. Notice the Modsquad threads and e-mails keep coming? Heh, but who needs logic.

And notice Sil is still demoted, even though she wasn't involved...nice.

21. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    What in God's Name in going on around here????

22. DarthDarkDart

DarthDarkDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2000
    They didn't really demote Sil, though. They're going to give her her admin status back as soon as they think her account is "secure" again, so that doesn't bug me.

Plus, Sil is too cute to let go. [face_love]

23. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    don't i wish i knew.

regardless of what you know, you probably don't know everything. while i do agree with the fact that the admins could have handled it better (i.e. actually responded to posts about the issues instead of deleting/locking them), live and let live. if it pisses you off so much, then go to another board. life is to short to go freaking out about message-board politics, amusing as they are.

24. grendelsfork

grendelsfork Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Bad day for tfn's JC spoiler fans, Tern and freinds were spoiling people left and right recently.

25. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    This thread is like a tupperware party on acid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.