main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WIPs for use in a fanfilm

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by GrandMoffTarkin, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    The title pretty much says it all. Any ideas? Any pointers? Any improvements (other than finishing them :p)?

Alas, Netfirms don't allow remote linking, so I've had to put them up as their own page.

Clicky

2. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    looks fairly good, but texturing needs work. since you're new to it, it seems like you're doing well for a beginner :) (better than i could do anyway :p)

3. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Heh. Thanks. :)

Though there's a reason the texturing looks bad: The only objects with texturing are the gun (to give a very vague and temporary worn look) and the holochess piece. For everything else, the texturing is under the "In Progress" banner. ;)

4. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Well, I've finished the trooper. All the pieces, and even textures. I've even animated a walk cycle for him. :D

Once again, the link.

Opinions?

5. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    That seriously rocks man. For someone that does CGI for a hobby, I must say that the Stormie is most impressive. Heck, it would be most impressive even if it came from a professional CGI artist.

The animation is very good, although I would suggest that you add some movement to the head. Also, it can be useful if you "smooth" out the movement of the bone structure by going over the animation over and over again.

Also, any plans to add a weapon into his hands? That would really be the icing on the cake.

Good stuff man. Keep it up. :)

6. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Thanks Imran. I probably will go over the movement some more. The main body has a slight kink to the side which was put in randomly, especially since I didn't actually animate it in that direction at all. Heh. For each step, the legs only have 5 frames in 60 where they are keyed. All the rest is natural flow.

He will be having the blaster that's seen further down the page. I'll finish that off and append it into the file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.