main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Wisconsin FanForce Web-site...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by que4zone, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ello,

Well, the poll closed and I will be working on adding Mad Ison Cantina to the website!! Whoaaa!! I wrote a little idea thingy up in the FanForce Web-site Thread located on The Milwookiee Council Forum. Take a look.

I will need a logo and a font you want used for your name. Otherwise, I can make something up. It's up to you. No rush, okay.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know. May the Force be with you all.

DaNiEl
    [que4zone]

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Cool, Que. :) or should I say Que-L

I looked over your ideas and they sound good. Some of us would belong to both Mad Ison and Milwookiee (ToxicNed & myself) so colors in that regard may not work...or maybe they could?

I have no problem with Eric being Prez and Tracey being VP of the Wisconsin Fan Force (taking in both "branches").

As for the different guilds, Mad Ison has no guilds at the moment, so I think it would be fine to combine them, but if we did form a guild, meetings could be awkward between the two locations. That is unless teleconferencing was involved and even then it's difficult. Something to think about.

Combining the notices and announcements from both places works for me. They are usually few to begin with. I think that combining things as much as possible would be the easiest and best idea.

As for font, I think the something "icy" would be cool (no pun intended). We had the notion that the Ison System is cold, like Hoth, so something along those lines would be interesting for headings and such. Otherwise a basic font for the majority of the text/content would be fine.

Logo... now that is a tough one. It seems that none of us have much for graphics talents. I could come up with something, but don't know how the others would agree with what I would choose. I guess for a quickee logo, use the same as the Milwookiee Council, but change the Wookiee to a Wampa. That is unless our members disagree.

Anyway, that is my input. I hope it's not too much or too little. :D

3. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I kinda think the wookie logo looks dumb anyway ^_^ I mean cmon, those characters are from the damn Holiday Special. Wampa is much cooler (no pun intended)

4. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Okay.. I'll try to whip something up.. with the Wampa, that is..

I also agree on the members thingy.. I'll probably leave it as is until a better idea pops up..

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I also agree with the Wampa thing. The Wampa is very cool. Anyway, as you can see we're the guild for collectors. And if someone would be so kind as to direct us to those in Madison who collect we could probably get something going. Basically the more territory we cover in the state the more likely we are to find what everyone is looking for..be it Star Wars or anything else.

Dwayne and Marcy
    The wampas

6. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I am a collector, mostly for the MicroMachines Action Fleet stuff. I'll let the others speak for themselves. :)

7. yoda_boba

yoda_boba Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Im finally back from my long awaited return...damn school has kept me off of here for quite some time! AND I SEE WERE OFFICIAL FINALLY!!!!!!!!! THANK THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can help with the webbie...i can help with logo idea...but not make it really cause i dont own any progs like that...unless you want it in MS Paint. But for the website design and such...im good at code so Que, you and i can jointly moderate the Wisconsin Chapters' webbie.

8. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yoda Boba, Que will handle it. He already has a website up and running. All he will be doing is making some changes to include Madison on the site.

I'm sure he appreciates the offer though.

9. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey now... Don't make me come over there.

I did say something to Yoda_Boba before about helping out. Right now, there's not too much to do, for two people. I'm just trying to get the website done and updated, and there are a ton of pages to update. However, if you know Perl or have some suggestions, Email me ASAP. Mmmkay.. Thanks guys.

DaNiEl
    [que4zone]

10. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    *** THE WEBSITE IS UPDATED ***

...mostly. All I need now, is some FanFiction, an "About" letter from each "Leader" from the following Clubs:

- The Book Club
    - The Collector's guild
    - The Custume Club
    - Also one from the VP or Pres about us.

I hope it's everything you thought it would be... And now Mad Ison Cantina can link to the website. Feel free to bug me about any questions or comments. Later.

May the Force be with you all.

DaNiEl
    [que4zone]

11. Azzgunther

Azzgunther Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Que-

Very impressive update.

I love what you've done with the place...and those drapes!!! :eek: Is that a real stuffed ass-beast?

12. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Looks good Que. I would assume that you'd like bios for those of us in the Madison group? Is there anything that you'd like us to contribute?

13. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Looks good...but is that a dead stormtrooper?! Being a fan of the Empire, that is just awful! :) I sent you a bio change a short time ago so I expect that will be done soon as well.

I will get you an "About" for the Book Club sometime in the next week or two...really busy right now.

14. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    What do you want for fanfiction? Just stories from us or what?

15. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Pretty much... Marajoan.

16. yoda_boba

May 19, 2002
    I think that i have a great idea, i have a RP board on ezboar that i feel could be such a great addition to the website. For us that RP this could be a great place to join and battle my groups enemies. I feel that it is quite fun too...just watch out for the ezboard popups.

17. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Huh?

18. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    looks good

19. yoda_boba

May 19, 2002
    Neddy, RP=Role Play (character battles and such...)

20. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, Jon - we played D&D for years... I can't believe you asked that ;)

Jeff

21. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Can I roll my eyes here?

And Jeff, I have ellipsis for you! :p

22. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, that wasn't an ellipsis deserving statement. I think you've just been looking for an excuse to ellipsis me...

Nice try,
    Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.