main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV With Galaxies around the corner.... What Race/Profession & birthplanet will you be?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gambler, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Just thought would be an interesting question...as my anticipation builds to play this game. Yes..I am in the Beta and dispite the usual beta issues..(which is why its called BETA) I am totally excited about playing this game.

As for me... I have no idea what Race yet.

I believe a human...but I also like the Zabrak...Trendosen and the Rodians.

But I plan to go with a Scout/Marksman and a bit of Artisian as well..cause I can always surrender it later. :)

Start point hasnt really been firmed up yet..but I will be on the Ahazi servier...at this point at least...and on that desert planet...either around Bestine..Anchorhead..or Mos Entha.. Not sure yet..

I have found Mos Entha to be very easy and quite for a Newbie place.

So...what about You??

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I will probably be human, from Tatooine, haven't thought about my starting city.

Maybe Trandoshan, Zabrak or Wookie.

Crud, I can't decide.

My play style will lean towards a lot of soloing, and I will probably start as a scout.

What do you think, am I on the right track?

3. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Well...like any good RPG...I think Multi-Class certainly serves it purpose in this game...specially in the early levels...and the GREAT part is.. if you decide the other skills arent helpin...surrender them.

If you had to narrow a profession (as difficult as this would be) Scout is probably the most essential if you actually LEAVE the cities..hehe All other Combat professions stand alone fine (brawler/marksman) But...in my opinion...why go kill stuff (other than for money and fun of the game) if you cant take full advantage of what you killed (I.e. Harvesting Resources) Cause I have found Credits are great for just a quick POWER buy..but truely the Bartering system is in full swing here....(I will give you all the bone and hide you need...and you make me what I want....and do a good job...and I will throw in some Credits too..) Just my 2 cents....

4. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm gonna be a human artisan/marksmen working on master weaponsmith. Probably start with scout/medic too for crafting stuff.

If you plan on goin Imp, humans obviously are the best way to go for faction point cost. While all species gain faction pts at the same rate, most species have a 2x cost for perks and Mon Cals and Wookies have a 3x cost.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    So, another big question: If you go imp, will you still be able to unlock the force sensitive slot? Or will your actions as an imp negate that?

I imagine that you would still be able to... but what if you were an imp, unlocked the slot, and with the force sensitive character, you went Rebel?

The devs were against this kind of thing, to prevent spying, etc.

6. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Would the Emporer automatically be hunting you down anyway if you were FS?

7. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    I'm planning on either Human or Zabrak and I'd like my starting world to be Corelia. I will definately be working towards Master Marksman and eventually a bounty hunter. I'm sure that's a big suprise to everyone. I going to make my character on whatever server everyone else is going to be on. Last I heard it was going to be Sunrunner. I think our guild should have a person from each class so that our grouping efforts are more efficient.

Is anyone planning on being an Artisan? I need someone to make me weapons!

Speaking of guild has anyone found out how to make the guild yet?

I pre-ordered the game today so I think I should be getting it on Thursday, anyone want to do some missions with me?

8. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm going artisan eventually weaponsmith. Don't know if its going to be sunrunner, devs say they're only opening 10 servers first day and that's not one of them...my vote is intrepid.

9. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Gerson do you know if Twileks have a 2x cost on Imp perks? I didnt know about that! That totally sucks!

10. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Yes, all aliens have a 2x, except Mon Cal and Wookie with 3x.

11. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    that is SOOOOOOO lame. I dont want to play a human, I play one in real life and it sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.