main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive With Iron Fists: The Second Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth-Protius, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Protius

Darth-Protius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Welcome to my RPG: With Iron Fists: The second Empire

While this is not the RPG I am planning (of good and evil is still in the works) I thought I would try my hand at being a GM.

This RPG takes place eight hundred years after the battle of Endor, and the defeat of the Vong. Just for your information. It is going to be open-ended, with the outcome based on the actions, and decisons of the players.

Okay, heres the story.

Peace has reigned for nearly seven hundred years now, and most of the Galaxy has finally united under the banner of the Republic. The Jedi are now nearly over one hundred thousand strong, and with thier assistance, nearly all evil has been wiped from the galaxy. While their is still some criminal activity, no major campaigns have been launced agaist the republic for nearly five hundred years, ever seince the last of the imperial loyalists were wiped out of existance by the defense force of the new Republic, with more than a little assistance from the Jedi.

However, there came a new threat, which in time, proved to be the downfall of the new Republic.

A young Jedi, XEN GERANNO, discontent with the Rigid system of the JEDI, has denouced his allegance, and left the order. However, before his departure, he took with him the secrets of the SITH.

Alone, in solitiude on a far-away world, Xen has studied all available information on the Sith, and slowly, became tainted by the information he learned. Over the course of twenty years, the good man that was Xen, was replaced by the evil that became DARTH PROTIUS.

Now, armed with the power of the dark side, Protius has set forth to find those that, in secret, long for the return of the empire. And to his surprise, he has literally, found thousands that seek the order and absolute rule of the empire, mostly the decendents of imperial officers, and other high officals. United behind the banner of Protius, they set forth to bring about the fall of the Republic, and restore the empire, that they so long for. They have, in secret, found, or constructed fleets of ships, fighters, and various others attack weapons or vehicles.

However, their numbers were very low. So, in a desperate bid, they attacked the planet of KAMINO, and utterly decimated the Kaminoians, nearly making them extict. The few left were ordered to produce clones for the new Imperials, or die. Not wanting their race to go extict, the Kaminoains had little choice to comply to the wishes of Protius.

Protius chose his greatest soilder, GENERAL MAXIMUS GERRAD, to be the template for this new army of clones. Gerrad had literally killed hundereds with his bare hands, and had shown great military intelligence, as well as amazing logistical thinking.

Ten years after the invasion of Kamino, after the cloning labs and traning facilities had run nearly day and night, Protius now had nearly four million totally loyal troops to command. That, combined with the new ships built in orbit over the planet Kamino itself, Protius now commanded an awesome armada of a massive scale, and armed with it, he set off to CORRACANT, where the GALACTIC SENATE was in session. But, before he left, he murdered the last remaing Kaminoians, and left his genitic engineers in charge of troop production.

Shortly after the Senate had convined, early in the morning on a crisp summer day, fire regined down from the heavens, and Protius attacked. The defense force, that had downsized over the years, was no match for Protius, or his troops. In a matter of a few hours, Protius had taken the Capitol world of the Republic, and utterly decimated the Republic government. Strinding into the Assembly building, Protius acended the Chacellor's podum, and decalred himself emperor. Those still alive, reluctantly agreed, and accepted the rule of Protius, all except the MON CALIMARI, whom left the assembley, and returned to their homeworld, refusing the rule of Protius.

Three days later, Protius' troops landed on Mon Calimari, and wiped out

2. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Darth-Protius, may I be the Sith apprentice?

3. Darth-Protius

Jun 2, 2002
    You sure can RBG, you were here first, and its on a first come first served basis, so go ahead!!!

4. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    NAME: KnightHawk
    RACE: Human
    HEIGHT: 6'2"
    WEIGHT: 178 lbs.
    EYE COLOR: Black
    HAIR COLOR: Black
    CLOTHING: Imperial standard, black.
    WEAPONS: Two lightsabers with black blades, one Imperial Munitions repeater rifle (confiscated from a previous mission to Ithor), home-made 7.65mm assault rifle, home-made .50 magnum handgun.
    ATTITUDE: Terribly cold, especially after the loss of his wife to the New Imperial Regime.
    SHIP: Avenger, a heavily modified Corellian YT-1300.
    ADDITONAL VEHICLE: Landspeeder, also heavily modified.
    ALLEAGEANCE: Dark Jedi in service of the Galactic Republic
    BASE OF OPERATIONS: Avenger
    BIO: Born on Corellia during the tiome of the Old Republic. Served in the security forces of the Old Republic until the Empire was first formed. Reluctantly served in that Empire, and left when they violated his moral code. Served with the Alliance ever since, adn then the New Republic. Proficient in the Jedi Arts.

5. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    NAME: Ezekiel Hellon
    HEIGHT: 5 ft. 7 in.
    WEIGHT: 120 lbs.
    EYE COLOR: Blue
    HAIR COLOR: Blonde
    CLOTHING: Modified Imperial Admiral Uniform, with added cape, all in black.
    WEAPONS: red lightsaber, smoke grenades, proton grenades
    ATTITUDE: (how your character acts around other, are they cold, cheerful etc.) cold, except when an opportunity arises to for violence, when he can easily go almost bezerk.
    SHIP: Modified Tie Defender
    ADDITONAL VEHICLE:
    ALLEAGEANCE: Imperial
    BASE OF OPERATIONS: Wherever the Emperor demands.
    BIO: Ezekiel is almost fanatically loyal to the Emperor, and is his sole disciple. He will do anything for him, and has very little to do for hobbies outside of his duties.

A few points I would mention about this RPG, that you could consider adding, Darth-Protius: first, technology will have advanced quite a ways, so perhaps we should have a short list of new ships, technology, etc. Secondly, perhaps any fallen Jedi should be forbidden from joining the Empire, as the Empire already has a lot of advantages in manpower. Just my thoughts, of course, you're the Game Master.

6. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    I hope you don't mind, but I've created a little rebel band in the Outer Rim to oppose the Empire. If there are any problems I'll be gald to change things. :)

NAME: Tarquin Seti
    RACE: Human; Born on Chandrilla
    HEIGHT: 6'
    WEIGHT: 179 Lbs
    HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown
    CLOTHING: Robes of differing color and pattern as well as a set of civilian garb
    WEAPONS: Lightsaber; the Force
    ATTITUDE: Is kind to all beings when possible; Fiercely opposes the tyrannical rule of the Emperor, Protius; Leadership skills assists Tarquin in controlling his small band of rebels
    SHIP: Joyous Gard- an advanced Jedi craft(vague description until I'm clearer on the level of technology)
    ADDITIONAL VEHICLE: Small Speeder Bike
    ALLEGIANCE: Jedi-Rebel
    BASE OF OPERATIONS: Aboard the Joyous Gard

[b]BIO[/b]: A child of nobility born on Chandrilla and soon after taken to be trained by the Jedi Knights. Tarquin was proficient in many areas of the Force, studying long and working dangerously hard; he longed to serve the Republic in the Core, where he knew he hailed from. When Protius attacked and took the Republic by force, Seti and a band of Jedi paroling near his homeworld were forced to leave the Core and made way for the Outer Rim. There they prepare to strike back at Protius and his Empire. Tarquin and his Jedi are currently searching for other Knights of the Jedi Order and anyone who will rally to their cause.[/blockquote]

~ DS5

7. Darth-Protius

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: About the Tech, RBG, its really hard to say what kind of Advances they would have that far into the future in the SW universe, so, For the time being, we will use the Tech that already exists. (New ships however, WILL be welcome, as long as they use existing SW tech.)

DarthSeti5 That's fine! I knew someone would have to be the leader of the opositon sometime!

Welcome to you also, Knighthawk! While regular firearms are not usally used in RPG's I will allow yours as it is conciveable that at one time in the past, they did exist, and they could easily be manufactured.

As soon as we get a few more players, we will begin!! Thanks for Joining!

8. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    OOC: Thanks, Protius; however, I'd like to say I'm not leading the whole of the opposition, I'm sure there are other other rebel cells out there. In case a Jedi doesn't want to be under little old me. ;)

Also, I'll have some stats up on the Joyous Gard soon.

~ DS5

9. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC, to self: Seems as though we have a very friendly Sith Lord for the GM. I like that.

OOC, to Darth Protius: Thanks for the welcome. I use the bullet weapons because they're my favorites from our time. I use the Dark Side because I am quick to anger. Be careful, my friend...

10. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    NAME: Leutenant-Commander Quinn Jagad

RACE: Bothan

HEIGHT:5'4

WEIGHT:180

EYE COLOR: grey

HAIR COLOR: brown

CLOTHING: officer's clothing

WEAPONS: blasters

ATTITUDE: cheerful, and rash

SHIP: Bothan Assault Cruiser

ADDITONAL VEHICLE: X-wing

ALLEAGEANCE: Rebel Faction

BASE OF OPERATIONS:Bothan Assault Cruiser, Rebel Fury

BIO: Born on Bothawui, he was born the son of a Senator. He grew up in the military, and was raised to Lt. Commander. His father, the Supreme Aide of the Supreme Chancellor of the Senate, was killed in Protius' first attack.

Vowing revenge, Quinn took what support he could gain, and began setting up resistance.

NAME: Izik Ruloon

RACE: Zabrak

HEIGHT:5'9

WEIGHT:190

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: none

CLOTHING: Robes(Jedi)

WEAPONS: lightsaber

ATTITUDE: Cold, and very loyal.

SHIP: X-Wing

ADDITONAL VEHICLE: Swoop Bike

ALLEAGEANCE: Sith

BASE OF OPERATIONS: Camino

BIO: I'll wait.

Can I be Protius's other apprentice? if not, Izik's a Jedi.

11. Darth-Protius

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: You can be a Dark Jedi, if you wish Quinn, but RBG got here first, and got the apprentince positon. That does not mean, however, you still cannot work for Protius :D

12. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Should I mention the limits of my powers at all, or just assume knowledge of every power at disposal of the Force?

13. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    ooc: Nah, we need a Jedi character.

I may create another character later, who could be a Dark Jedi.

14. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    So what can you be???? :confused:

15. Darth-Protius

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Well, KnightHawk, seeing as your character is 36 years old, I think he would have a good grasp of the force, and the powers available to him. But take into account that he was not formally trained as a Jedi. If he was adept at the force, I think he could do most things that A Jedi could, but may not know of some of the higher powers.

To answer your question, Lord_Vader you can be anything that you wish, a captian, admiral,fleet commander, janitor, governor, anything you wish. Just run it by me first, and ill post OOC about it, or I'll PM you with an answer!

16. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    NAME: Dark Jedi Master(If possible) Apophis Imhotep
    HEIGHT: 6'6"
    WEIGHT: 180 lbs
    EYE COLOR: gold
    HAIR COLOR: none
    CLOTHING: White Robes, Gold Gauntlets, other Gold Jewelry, Changes from time to time.
    WEAPONS: Gold Lightsaber
    ATTITUDE: Aggresive, always runs into the fights. Gets mad easily.
    SHIP: None
    ADDITONAL VEHICLE: None
    ALLEAGEANCE: Dark Jedi
    BASE OF OPERATIONS: Undecided
    BIO: Became a Jedi Master before Darth Protious came and threatened to kill the Jedi. He decided that the Dark Side was more powerful and quickly converted.

17. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, Darth, you asked for it!
    Powers (beyond the scope of the regular jumping, running, fooling the weak-minded, moving things, and seeing everything.)

Note: If I mention one that already exists, please observe that I am attempting an original twist on it. I really don't know if these powers exist or not.

A: Fear
    Everyone has a nightmare, a secret fear that they hide from the galaxy. I bring it out, paralyzing my foe with his/her darkest thoughts. Good luck fighting your fears, for if you don't, you die.

B: Hatred
    Even the best of friends are hiding a bitter hatred from the rest of the world. This fact, while hidden, hurts nothing of their friendship. Once revealed, though, the result is drastic. This casues friends to fight each other for a short while. The effect eventually wears off, leaving one really confused victim.

C: Dark Flames of Revival
    This weakens the enemy, stealing the energy from his/her soul to feed the user with new life. (Just what I needed after the Mack truck incident! :D)

D: Rage
    In a frenzied flurry, the user attacks incessantly, using every offensive maneuver at his/her disposal. The attack lasts for a few minutes, but the user immediately needs to recharge when finished.

E: Grip
    You know this already.

F: Lightning
    Same here.

G: Fires of Destruction
    And here.

H: Lightsaber Throw
    Need I say more?

18. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    NAME: Yomin Carr
    HEIGHT: 6'1
    WEIGHT: *shrug*
    HAIR COLOR: Brown
    CLOTHING: Simple tunic
    WEAPONS: Lightsaber, holdout blaster
    ATTITUDE: Cold and calculating
    SHIP: Requiem
    Modified Antique Republic Royal Cruiser
    Two front blaster cannons
    Two quad laser turrets
    2 Concussion missile launchers
    Added armour
    Added shielding
    Hidden rear mounted blaster cannon
    Stygium-Polymer Hull Coating

ADDITONAL VEHICLE: Modified Speeder (Count Dooku type)
    Lightfin

ALLEAGEANCE: Jedi
    BASE OF OPERATIONS: Aboard Requiem
    BIO: Yomin's family was slain in front of his eyes by the Empire when it rose. He vowed revenge, and has found ways to best equip himself for destroying the Empire. His cold manner made Jedi loathe to teach him, but finally relented. He now prowls the Outer Rim, searching for Imperial targets...

19. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    Ummm, What did I ask for?

20. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    NAME: Deci
    HEIGHT: 180cm
    WEIGHT: 80kg
    EYE COLOR: blue
    HAIR COLOR: golden blond
    CLOTHING: Black Admiral Clothes
    WEAPONS: blaster
    ATTITUDE: Deci is a cold hearted admiral, he sees himselfe as the superiour mind in the galaxy. All other begins shoudl kneel before him, exept for the Emperor who he holds great respect for.
    SHIP: The Undertaker SSD (Travvel, Shooting and so furth).
    ADDITONAL VEHICLE: N/A
    ALLEAGEANCE:Imperial Grand Admiral
    BASE OF OPERATIONS:Imperical Palace, Imperial Center. (Formally known as Courracant) and/or The Undertaker.
    BIO: Deci had been in the GE army in all his life. After the destruction of the Empire he started his life as an tactical advisor for the new republic waiting for a new empire to rise, now following Darth-Protius as the Grand Admiral he wishes inly to do as his master says.

OCC: Hope its allrigt to have an SSD as personal ship.

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I'll throw my hat in to the ring.

NAME: William Shard.
    RACE: Humanoid, from Agamar.
    HEIGHT: 6'3"
    WEIGHT: 124kg.
    EYE COLOR: Green.
    HAIR COLOR: Black.
    CLOTHING: Black trousers and crimson shirt with black vest, belt and boots.
    WEAPONS: Lightsaber, Plasma rifle.
    ATTITUDE: Pious and loving of life, this Jedi is wise beyond his years, leading a solitary existence has made him slightly odd to others.
    SHIP: TIE Defender Mach III.
    ADDITONAL VEHICLE: None.
    ALLEAGEANCE: Jedi.
    BASE OF OPERATIONS: Hiding and Meditating in the caves of Geonosis, trying to hone his advanced battle skills to one day oppose Protius.
    BIO:

William Shard was widely praised as being a masterful tactician and combat expert; a warrior foremost amongst the Jedi.
    Despite his aggressive ambition and ability, he chose to distance himself from battles after being declared a Jedi Knight, a move that both pleased and shocked the Council, who had feared the rash actions of Will as a padawan.
    Instead, this Jedi Warrior devoted his years as a Knight to introspection and philosophy, seeking perfect attunement with the living and Unifying Force, drawing out tendrils of his mind along the tangents first proposed by the High Master Jacen Solo, many centuries ago...
    Now, he hides in the caves of Geonosis, seeking out that same attunement, and rediscovering his affinity for combat.
    Young William knows, that with so many of his peers and Master's now following the Dark Path, and with many others dead or gone...he may be the only thing left for a galaxy in the grip of a tyrant...

22. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    OOC: Oh, boy, I can beat up on our new Forum Moderator! 8-}

And, KnightHawk, you seem to have the wrong idea. It's not clearly defined powers like that... I believe it's more like you can do anything you see in the movies or read in the books, dependant on level, and I've never heard of any Force-user capable of changing people's emotions like your powers. Some of those, besides being non-canonical, are just too powerful, at least in my opinion. But, as always, we'd have to consult with our GM for the final word.

23. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    This looks like fun, I was in the process of doing my Bio last night, but then I ended up going swimming instead...long story ;)

NAME: Miya Raye
    RACE:Human
    HEIGHT:6'
    WEIGHT:140lbs
    EYE COLOR: Green
    HAIR COLOR:Black
    CLOTHING:White loose fitting tunic and pants.
    WEAPONS:Lightsaber, Blaster
    ATTITUDE: Caring,Very protective of others. Empathtic.
    SHIP:None
    ADDITONAL VEHICLE: Modified Land Speeder.
    ALLEAGEANCE:Jedi
    BASE OF OPERATIONS: Currently in hiding on a small outer rim planet called Dellion. Posing as a healer.
    BIO: While a formidable warrior, Miya will only attack as a last resort. Miya is also trained in many forms of healing. Fighting Protius's rule at first, Miya realized that his forces were too stong, refusing to join Protius , Miya was forced to retreat and take on an Alias for her safety. Now posing as Liana Rhaln, a healer at a Medical clinic in the outer core, she waits. Waiting for a time where the Jedi will raise again from the ashes and overthrow Protius's reign, once again bringing peace to the Galaxy.

Phew, Finally finished it :D

24. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Then I await the decision of the GM. After all, my memo is addressed to him.

25. Darth-Protius

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Okay, I've read your post, Knighthawk, And While they are unique powers, I'm going to suggest a few minute changes.

A: Fear
    Everyone has a nightmare, a secret fear that they hide from the galaxy. I bring it out, paralyzing my foe with his/her darkest thoughts. Good luck fighting your fears, for if you don't, you die.

Instead of this, why don't you use

Inspire fear an ancient force power used long ago by the Dark Jedi, and Sith Lords, this attack fills the victim full of a strange, unknown dread, rendering them immobile for a short time, extremely useful agaist Non-force adepts, but not as useful agaist Jedi.

B: Hatred
    Even the best of friends are hiding a bitter hatred from the rest of the world. This fact, while hidden, hurts nothing of their friendship. Once revealed, though, the result is drastic. This casues friends to fight each other for a short while. The effect eventually wears off, leaving one really confused victim.

and for this one, use

Inspire Hatred another ancient force power used to twist the judgement and mind of the victim, causing them to turn on anyone close to them, the effect is temporary however, and does not last long.

D: Rage
    In a frenzied flurry, the user attacks incessantly, using every offensive maneuver at his/her disposal. The attack lasts for a few minutes, but the user immediately needs to recharge when finished.

This one is Canon, and more than welcome

Dark Side tapping the user draws upon the dark side of the force, using it to gain incredible strength and speed (ala Luke in ROTJ, or Obi-Wan in TPM) however, this is pysically and metally taxing, depleating the user rapidly. If combat is not ended during the time of the tap, the user will be drained of all strength, and defenseless.

I belive, that in the SW universe, the Inspire hatred, or Inspire fear would be just variations of the Jedi Mind trick, and while their is no Canon evidence to support them, I will allow them as it is not too much of a strech to belive that someone skilled in the dark side could pervert the mind trick, and use it in this manner. And Dark Side tapping is Canon, as it has been seen in two of the five films.

The only thing I would kindly ask you not to use is your Dark Flames of Revival I really racked my head trying to figure out a way it could be used, and came up with nothing, sorry. But as I will allow you to use your other attacks, they will be open to all other Dark Jedi, just to balance the feild.

I would also ask that you only use them in discretion, as a Jedi is not Weak-minded, and more often than not would not be affected by the mind trick, or any variation thereof.

I'm not trying to be a tyrant here, just trying to keep things fair to all players! :D

My next post will be the first game post, and new players will still be welcome after that.

I kindly ask that RBG, The_dark_Overlord' and -Lord_Vader- begin with me, and go out on their own after I give them a mission.

Again, I thank you all kindly for joining, and hope I can live up to being a good GM for you all! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.