main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Wizard Con - Anyone going?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Shara, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Mos Eiseley Radio also has a link earlier in the thread. I go pretty regular to wizardworld, and it's been pretty glitchy lately, a lot of page not found, so don't be surprised if you don't get it.
    The con is $40 for the three day pass. I think possibly $20 for a one day, but I'm not positive on the one day.
    Expensive, yes it can be for some, but the deal I outlined above does give you a chance to do a quick turn around sell if you are so inclined. And since I am waaaay into comics, I'm totally excited and can hardly wait. I always have a blast every year, despite some crazy stuff going on. (ie Steve Sansweet not bringing the right tape last year so I didn't get to see the SW footage...grrr, but unexpectedly getting to meet Gary Frank, my favorite artist who was in from the UK more than made up for it.)

And, if Wizard's site is to be believed, Stan The Man Lee will be there Friday and Sat, instead of Friday only. This hasn't shown up in the print ads so that info should be taken with a grain of salt.

2. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    I am planning on attending though I am not sure which days.
    Bought pass for all three.

Has anyone received the "speacial offer comic" that JediAutoBot mentioned?

I paid the extra $5 and have not seen it yet?

Thanks
    Tom

3. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I and my best friend have both signed up for it, and neither of us have gotten the free comic yet. She ordered on 5/22 and I did on 5/23. I don't remember if they said anything about shipping time.
    You should have gotten a confirm order email with a link to the Yahoo store. When you click on the link, mine showed my order. It just said it would be shipping ground. No indication if or when it would go out. I'll post when my friend or I receive it.

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hrmmm...bed jumping competition...ok! ;)

Now that I have my new car so I'm rearing to break it in by coming up to Chicago :D

5. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Count me among those who are planning on attending. I also love comics. They are what got me to enjoy reading and literature and even science in the first place.
    I've been once before in 2000. I missed it last year however.
    I'd be interested in the possible nighttime festivties afterward.
    -Jason

6. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    It also looks like that ObiWill from SW NYC is coming, as well as mmy good buddy Iwakura1138 from Michigan. I'm going to talk to the people rooming next to me (connectin room) and we may "host" a room party or something. So even if you don't come to the Con, you're welcome to join us at the room party. I'll let you as we get firmer details.

7. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I got my Spidey and Weapon X half yesterday.

8. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I am sure I will be going one of the days this year, I havent missed a Wizard World in 5 years. Recalling last years Steve Sansweets "I brought the wrong tape" incident.

Mentioned above as guests were: Hugh Quarshie and Silas Carson. Neither of these gentlemen appear on wizardworld.com's list of guests. Have they been confirmed through other sources?

9. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well dang it they were on the list last week and have now been taken off. I was really looking forward to seeing Silas Carson. Rumor through the actors at C2 is that he was sick and being tested for cancer and that's why he missed C2.

Well poo.

But that doesn't mean a lot. Jan Duursema is going to be there and she's not on that list. I have the emails to prove it! :D

10. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Like little Mike said... "I'll be there."

Should we be wearing our CF T-Shirts?

Yes! You should always be wearing your Chicago Force T-Shirts! In fact I suggest that you buy one for every day of the year.

Yes, master.

11. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i will DEFINITELY be there. very psyched to meet stan "the man" lee.

chicago force will probably be planning some kind of big dinner meet-up thang for after the con.

shara, if you're thinking room gathering that evening, let us know...i know i'd be happy to bring booze, drugs, bootleg hooch, my voyeur pics of jedijeff shaving his legs, whatever. if not, maybe i'll try to find an area drinking establishment where we can all go and get blotto?

actually, as I recall, the Hyatt hotel across from the convention center has a decent hotel bar. it's a hotel bar, but it has bar stuff. like booze, and peanuts, and stuff.

go away now! i'm babbling.

12. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Woot! yeah Matt!! It wouldn't be Wizard con without you. The only issue I might have with having a room party is that I'm connected to another room and *they* might have a problem with it. I don't think any of them drink, so I don't know how they would dig it. We might want to just plan it for the bar or something

13. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Never trust anyone who never drinks!

They're either a former alcoholic or a control freak.

:D

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'll be there representing Cleveland. I'm staying at the Hyatt so if there's a party or something please let me know, it will be my second SW party is a week (we're having one here in Cleveland June 29, you're all invited). As for the free comics, at previous WizardWorld Chicago cons I've always got the free book at the door. I didn't even see the thing about them mailing you a copy.

15. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Hello All,
    Looking forward to this.
    I received my comics and passes last week.

See u all there. :)

16. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Yep, that' right, everyone that preregistered will get a Weapon X half in their goody bag at the door.
    The extra Weapon X and Spidey half was an offer only until June 5th, so probably doesn't show anymore.

Wow, I so cannot wait!

17. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "Never trust anyone who never drinks!"

words to live by!

18. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Those leg shaving pics are fake and you know it!!!!

19. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    I don't doubt the authenticity of those photos one bit. As a matter of fact I think I have some interesting photos as well...

20. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Question for DarthJurist....what is Convergence. I am old to Star Wars, but new to conventions etc. I enjoy the costuming aspect of things and am curious what "Convergence" is and where it will be held...might want to take it in and get some tips.
    Thanks!

21. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Convergence takes place in Minneapolis MN.

22. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    As stated, Convergence is a sci-fi convention up in Minneapolis. Last year, Chicago Force threw an ab-fab party with the Minnesota Force and generally had a wonderful time. This year, some CF members are trekking up there to have a good time, hang out with the excellent folks of the Minnesota Force, and enjoy the wonders that Minneapolis has to offer (I'll probably spend most of my time in the hotel finishing/tweaking/fixing my costumes). Chicago and Minneapolis members of the 501st and the Rebel Legion will be at Convergence, at least according to our cloven comrade, but I'm willing to bet that there will be troopers at Wizard's as well.

We've already got a not very informative thread here, and you can also visit the Convergence Webpage.

There are several local conventions that CF members regularly attend, including Wizard's in July, CapriCon in February and WindyCon in November. CF has thrown parties at both CapriCon and WindyCon, so if you can't make it Convergence to show off your costume, keep it handy for our party this fall. As the dates come closer, we'll send out emails and start some threads about CF activities at these cons.

On a side note, many members of the 501st and the Rebel Legion (and several CF members) will also be going to Dragon Con, one of (if not THE) largest sci-fi/ media conventions in the nation. Primo costuming, I assure you. I've already got my plane ticket. :D

Feel free to email or PM with more detailed questions.

23. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I'll be at Wizard Con too. See you there!

24. MIKEWINDU

MIKEWINDU Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Where will you all meet? Is there a certain spot to meet at? And how will new members known who's apart of Chicago Force? Help! Help! Do I look for the Chicago Force t-shirts? Do I hold up a sign? Any help here would be hot.

25. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    We usually meet by the information booth in front.
    I'll be wearing my spiffy Chicago Force t-shirt, and I'm sure others will to, right guys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.