main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Wolf whelp", the story of a female clone, comment co-author & fanart 23rd Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Dec 4, 2010.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: "Wolf whelp", an attempt to tell early Cloning history

Author: AzureAngel2, a stressed out language teacher & a stranger in a strange land that she hates and loves at the same time

Co-author and editor: @DarthUncle , being a sweet husband as usual and very clever at getting the best out of a text (also, from said land mentioned above) &

Co-editor: the brilliant @SWpants

Time frame:
    Although framed by events in the aftermath of the Yuuzhan Vong war, the story itself played out long before even the Old Republic did exist

Rating: PG

Note: Please be aware that this story contains scenes of violence and self-harm, and references to abuse and trauma recovery!

Summary:
    While the Jedi Temple on Coruscant is rebuilt, Tionne Solusar gets in contact with Luke Skywalker. The jedi historian wants to show him a curious artefact she found while transferring data from the ruins of the Great Jedi library on Ossus. It is a picture drawn by a child and having the name Skywalker on it.

Disclaimer:
    SW is owned by George Lucas and Lucas Lt. !!!

Notes:
    My fan fiction Serpent-Spawn, read by a loyal group of enthusiastic fans, did show that not all the stories that I wanted to tell could be told in one go. Many questions remained open, many hearts wishes such as ´more about Luçien´ and a happy love-story were not fulfilled.

My new story offers a female, only a side character in http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/27964375/p1[/URL]]"Serpent-Spawn", a great chance to tell her own story. The story of a clone that does not go mad but tries to live her own life against all odds. So there will indeed be ?more Luçien? and perhaps even the chance for some romance.

What helped me a great deal in writing this story were the valuable wookiepedia articles that I just for research and inspiration. I thank all the fans worldwide who did put their knowledge into it to share it with and bring education to fellow fans.

But let us begin this new story now, for the time is ripe to see things from a different point of view. You will meet familiar faces, learn more about interesting side characters, get more information about the sun system the whole plot takes place and see that the Force weaves a net that holds everything together.

Prologue

Chapter 1: The will of the Force
    Chapter 2: A taste of freedom
    Chapter 3: Firmness of rock
    Chapter 4: Ravenheart
    Chapter 5: Sanctuary
    Chapter 6: Desert sand
    Chapter 7: The son of the Skywalker
    Chapter 8: Wind of change
    Chapter 9: Master and disciple
    Chapter 10: A blessing of the Force
    Chapter 11: Interesting times
    Chapter 12: Unlike brothers
    Chapter 13: The twins
    Chapter 14: Solar spots
    Chapter 15: The awakening
    Chapter 16: Running to the light
    Chapter 17: The promise
    Chapter 18: An echo of love
    Chapter 19: Blood bonds
    Chapter 20: The royal family
    Chapter 21: A new life
    Chapter 22: A living legend
    Chapter 23: Hiding in shadows
    Chapter 24: Poison arrows
    Chapter 25: The power of love
    Chapter 26: When lovers fall
    Chapter 27: The grudge
    Chapter 28: The winter sun and the fox
    Chapter 29: Conspiracy
    Chapter 30: Circle of friends
    Chapter 31: Revelations
    Chapter 32: The Phantom Menace
    Chapter 33: Dark deeds of a dark heart
    Chapter 34: New surprises
    Chapter 35: The heart knows best
    Chapter 36: A family of blood
    Chapter 37: Elfin cruelty
    Chapter 38: Fatal attraction
    Chapter 39: The power of good-bye
    Chapter 40: The Hall of Fire
    Chapter 41: Wurthering Heights
    Chapter 42: Shared history, shared pain
    Chapter 43: Journey´s end
    Chapter 44: Forgiveness
    Chapter 45: Hour of truth
    Chapter 46: Love is all around

Epilogue

Prologue:

It had been a blessing for the New Jedi Order that Luke Skywalker and Kam Solusar had found the ruins of the Great Jedi Lib

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Knowledge can be good, but sometimes knowledge can cause pain.

Interesting.=D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, the new story and an interesting beginning.

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope it is not too boring for you now, for you know the first Chapter of the story already and the identity of our heroine.

I wonder what you think of the following text, dear Gkilkenny.

I took two Irish blessings out of the wonderful book "Anam cara" from John O´Donohue. He translated those traditional blessings from his mother tongue into the English language. And yet they were able to keep their stunning beauty.

@};-

Here we go:

Chapter 1: The will of the Force

My first memories are those of the azure sky and the emerald sea of grass spreading underneath it. The land was vast and empty, stroked by the celestial hands of the four winds.

Trees were scarce. Those ashes and hazelnuts who had managed to grow ducked themselves into the face of the plains. They were mostly mutilated by their constant fight against the element of the air.

Old limestone walls, most of them fallen apart through the ages, marked long neglected farm fields where Mother Nature had taken over. Instead of corn and other crops the local meadow plants grew there wild and free: ragged robin, hogweed and gorse.

Blackberry bushes grew where ever they could. When cracks in the ancient walls contained enough earth ferns and mosses had made themselves comfortable in there.

There were no neighbours at all. It was just my granny Críonnacht and me. She did not like to speak about my parents. ?It happened all long ago in the mountains. Very far, far away from here. Around midwinter. I took you out of your cradle and walked away from all the misery,? she used to say with a hushed voice.

In the end it did not matter all that much who my parents had been and where they came from. Mother and father must have loved me very much for they had left me in her gentle care. In granny they had found the most wonderful guardian that a child could ask for. I was happy and contempt with that.

Due to granny my early childhood was a time of tranquillity and serenity. I woke every morning to the sunshine stroking my face with gentle love. By that time granny would have my breakfast ready in the kitchen; porridge with honey and a big mug of milk from the only cow we had. While I ate she would give me her daily blessing:

?Arise today
    Through the strength of heaven:
    Light of the sun,
    Radiance of the moon,
    Splendour of fire,
    Speed of lightening,
    Swiftness of the wind,
    Depth of the sea,
    Stability of earth,
    Firmness of rock.?

My days were spent in bliss and joy, stretching as endlessly as the grass sea around us. I was a so-called Child of the Force, born with a special awareness of the universe and unique gifts.

We lived inside a little hill that had a grass roof, nine windows and a very colourful entrance door. It was as yellow and round as the sun above. All our furniture was made out of elder wood. Granny kept everything neat and cosy.

When night fell and dinner was finished, she would tug me gently into bed, singing songs or telling me one of her countless stories.

Her blessing for bedtime was very beautiful, too:

?May your body be blessed.
    May you realize that your body is
    a faithful and beautiful friend
    of your soul.
    And may you be peaceful and joyful and
    recognize that your senses are sacred
    thresholds.
    May you realize that holiness is mindful gazing,
    feeling, hearing and touching.
    May your senses gather you and bring you home.
    May your senses always enable you to celebrate
    the universe and the mystery and possibilities
    in your presence here...?

Lulled to sleep by her voice, I closed my eyes with a happy smile on my lips.

My nights were mostly dreamless.

When I accidentally would wake up in cold sweat and cry out in horror, granny would already hover above me. ?These are not your dreams, dear one. They belong to somebody else who d

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, it's there and to read what I have heard during my great visit to your home is very nice.:)

6. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Summary: While the Jedi Temple on Coruscant is rebuilt, Tionne Solusar gets in contact with Luke Skywalker. The jedi historian wants to show him a curious artefact she found while transferring data from the ruins of the Great Jedi library on Ossus. It is a picture drawn by a child and having the name Skywalker on it.

Ooohh cool! Fun!

So there will indeed be ?more Luçien? and perhaps even the chance for some romance.

But?I don?t like Lucien any more. :/

Prologue:

He had forgiven the desperate Akanah for all the lies that had been told. The young woman just had wanted to find to her own people back. This was an urge he could fully sympathize with.

That is so very Luke :)

Patience is a skill of mine that still needs improvement after all these years.

[face_laugh] In the end, he?s still Luke the farmboy

With bold strokes it said in Basic: ?Daddy the Sky Walker.?

That is so interesting.
    I?m glad that Chapter 1 is up LOL. I definitely want to keep reading!

Chapter 1:

In the end it did not matter all that much who my parents had been and where they came from. Mother and father must have loved me very much, for they had left me in her gentle care. In granny they had found the most wonderful guardian that a child could ask for. I was happy and content with her.

Awww. That?s wonderful.

Those blessings are beautiful. Did you (or a family member) come up with them, or were they already written prayers? I?d love to read one in my classes, and want to credit the right person/people :).

What I liked most though was the shining lady that came out of it to talk to me.

Such a childlike view of it.

I want more! :D

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It also felt good having you there on the sofa and reading to you, dear bird.

[:D]

Dear pants, I hope that you can bare Lucien being in the story after all. I know it is not always easy with him.

About the poems, they are translations from Irish blessings by John O´Donohue. He is a wonderful author, story teller and philosopher.

Here is the new bit anyway:

He served Darach, of that I was sure. The holocron had shown to me how the servants of the White Goddess looked like. His robes were of such a dark grey tone that was almost black.

I had been taught to be alert of druids. They were evil persons. Their words could mutilate and kill other beings. They could make the weather change and infect illnesses. To strengthen their spells they used magic staffs. Yet I did not see anything harmful in the Elfin man that walked among the high grass.

To be honest, when I first spotted the druid coming towards our house, I thought he was a walking stone. But stones feel different in the Force, they radiate much wisdom and calmness. This one acted too lively, too curious of his surroundings.

I was delighted somebody chose to visit us. Never before had anyone else entered the seven hundred acres that we lived on.

I did wonder if the druid would stay for dinner. Granny was a wonderful cook. Her stews were so delicious. She prepared them with much love and skill.

I climbed down from the crooked hazelnut tree that grew close to our kitchen garden. My heart was beating very fast with excitement. This was my first encounter with the aura of a humanoid being that was not my granny. I opened all the gates of my mind, soaking in every detail.

The druid shone so very differently than us. I realized he was not one with the Force immediately. Of course the holocron had warned me about the insignificance of the Elfin race. They originally came from another galaxy, far, far away. Their bodies carried no Midi-ch

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    exciting post, revealing more about her=D=

9. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Dear pants, I hope that you can bare Lucien being in the story after all. I know it is not always easy with him.

About the poems, they are translations from Irish blessings by John O´Donohue. He is a wonderful author, story teller and philosopher.

I?ll try :p

Thank you!!

This was my first encounter with the aura of a humanoid being that was not my granny. I opened all the gates of my mind, soaking in every detail.

Aw. Her excitement is adorable.

Even though I wanted to be the greatest healer of all times, there was no way that I could cure the druid from his incapability. He would be forced to live in a dull universe, depending on spells and a piece of wood.

No, that is an impossibility. But she can show him in different ways, open his eyes to it all.
    Well, okay, not HIM, but strangers in general to the Force.

?You are mistaken about a great many things.? Granny hissed. ?I am no half-blood at all. My mother is a survivor of the war and chose to kneel to the thrown of caput draconis. All the O´Conghaile did back then. Including me. I serve since six hundred and seventy-two years.?

?Why would you serve the child then??

*growls at him*

The sword did not only cut off the druid´s words, but also his head. It flew wide through the air and gently landed in the grass.

Good.
    But very gross about licking the blood off. Yech.

Poor Sionnach

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Two updates, I like all the quotes from different characters.=D=

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Then let us reveal more, dear bird! [face_whistling]

Well, after watching an old episode of "Xena, warrior princess" I thought that women can do weird thing in battle and be terrible enemies.

That is good to know, so let me give you a 3rd one that is sponsored by wookiepedia, where a SW fan fiction writer can find a lot of data. For example about cloning:

The next hours seemed like a never-ending nightmare. Granny was weeping bitter tears of shame. A shame that had nothing to do with the murder that she had committed, but with the state of shock she had put me in.

Even after granny had put me in our wooden bath tube with a lot of water and lavender soap I felt dirty, so utterly dirty.

The smell of the spilled blood still stuck to me. I could not get rid of it. It nestled down deep in my brain. There it awoke sleeping memories.

The angle from which I saw my mother´s face was rather strange. A baby is supposed to be born in a bed and not on a stone floor. Womenfolk with towels and hot water buckets should attend to the mother´s needs.

My father, whom I could not see at all from my position, howled like a hurt animal.

What scared me most was the large amount of people that looked down at me dumbstruck.

There was also a young girl with bloodshot eyes. She had blond hair, bound in hundreds of little plaids. Violet lightening was dancing all around her, lashing out to a tall woman that towered above me and my mother.

?Stop it right now!? the equally blond woman yelled. ?Has there not been enough death today??

?This is only the beginning,? the girl answered grimly.?Step out of my way! I will have the head of the wolf whelp as well. Their kind will be extinguished from this planet once and for all.?

?I command you to end this madness!?

Reptile fangs snapped out of the girl´s mouth. ?He should have never bred into our family at all. You cannot allow this! Not after all what happened during the war.?

?The war is over since centuries.?

?Not for me.? The darkness around the girl did tighten.

The bathwater prickled more unwanted memories.

There were so many copies and only I was the one that did survive.

Granny yelped when she saw my head s

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes an update and continuing to give us more about her history. Great exciting post=D=

13. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Wow, this is an interesting story. I really liked the blessings for morning and evening.

14. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Even after granny had put me in our wooden bath tube with a lot of water and lavender soap I felt dirty, so utterly dirty.

:( poor girl

I like those flashbacks. Very interesting how you incorporated them.

You will go as mad as her. Please! You are more than a memory of a dead child. You are for real.?

Also interesting that she knew exactly what was going on.

It sounds like their relationship didn?t really change, which is good. I know her granny really cares for and loves her.

My head hurt a big deal, but I needed to know all these scientific facts very, very badly. I let sink them in and settle down in my conscience.

Again, the poor girl :( But yes, she does need to know. It?s better to know than be left wondering.

My eyes remained shut. I could not bare opening them. It was not only because of granny standing behind me. My entire world had collapsed all around me.

Okay?so maybe their relationship will change.
    :( I feel so very bad for her.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Now we will reach a point where you do not know the story at all, dear bird, for I have not read it aloud to you during your last visit.

Dear ratna, I am glad that this humble story woke your interest.

Dear pants, please read on for than you will know if their relationship will change or not.

I have to up-date today because it is my husband´s birthday tomorrow and I might travel to Germany with MsLanna/ Etain by car in the late afternoon.

Granny was so close that I could smell the ingredients from the stew on her: onions, parsley, thyme, pepper and potatoes. The touch of her fingers was very light. She started massaging my shoulder blades.

?Why do you torture yourself that way, dear one??

I pressed my lips together, continuing to weep in silence. My body shook uncontrolled.

?We should settle our differences before she will arrive,? granny sighed.

My eyes shot wide open.

The sky was cloudless.

Midday sun stood high above us.

?Who is coming?? I managed to say with difficulties, even though my heart was fully aware of the visitor´s identity.

Granny was full of sorrow when she spoke. ?The inner organic crystals of a holocron are the key to the deeper levels of knowledge. How you possessed the power to reach its restricted information is a mystery to me.?

Confused I answered truthfully: ?I only did ask about the creation of life. The holocron reacted to my questions as usual.?

?You never should have consulted it in the first place.? Granny was leaning against my back now. She did shiver as oak leaves in the wind. ?If you would have trusted me, the queen would have never known.?

I wanted to tell granny that I had been afraid asking her, but I remained silent. Guilt and fear were nagging at me.

?I fear that the holocron is corrupted by her will, Sionnach. Your questions around the subject of cloning must have triggered a signal to Cunabula. You must go now!?

?Where to?? I replied drowsily, overwhelmed by strong emotions.

?Further than your feet can carry you. To a place where Arcana would never expect you at all.?

Chapter 2: A taste of freedom

There was an old Druidic ceremony named the imbas forosna. After many days in a sensory-deprivation chamber a druid in training would be grabbed by his fellow brothers and thrown out into the bright sunlight. It was the general belief that the shock of this event would push the mind of the initiative into a higher state of consciousness.

It was the shock that made me move. I ran as I never had run before in my entire life.

Without the help of my loyal Midi-chlorians I would have dropped d

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    leaving us with a cliffie. what will happen to her?

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    ?Quick, lass! Come here!?

Startled my eyes fell on a rider on horseback. He was at the other side of the stream, that marked the official frontier line of our land. Judging the fine attire that he wore, he was a laird, a nobleman of the mountain elves.

?Do you want to live?? he shouted towards me.

I nodded slowly.

?Then come with me.?

Another wild scream was to be heard. I turned my head towards the direction that it came from. Granny was a skilled Force user, but I feared that not even she could fight both the rancor and the mad queen ridding it.

?Lass, I am very sorry for your family.? The rider had come very close to the water by now. He had a very friendly and honest face, framed by dark masses of hair. His aura also told me that he had a good heart. ?There is nothing we can do for them, except getting you out of here.?

A third cry vibrated through the air.

Through the the Force I felt that granny was no more. Hot tears shot through my eyes. Half blind I stumbled forward and into freedom.

That is life someone always goes to the force, but she is safe.:cool:

More adventures will be in store for her.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, I could be persuaded to drop a sneak preview, dear bird...

Dear Gkilkenny, there is indeed a delicate balance between life & death. As a healer Sionnach is always existing between those two forces.

Merry Christmas everybody! I deceided to post a Christmas surprise for my 3 loyal readers.

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/PC260005.jpg]

Because I might not be able to up-date on Thursday, due to traveling back to the Netherlands, I up-date today:

I hardly can remember of the journey towards Dún Mor-Shiabh, the family castle of the influential O´Gradaigh clan. Weak in body and mind I was carried through the bizarre beauty of the Montes Nubii in a litter.

The Sleah Maith had a very different name for that large mountain chain. They called it geihreal sliabh, Rocks of Fate.

The ducal household welcomed me with much affection. I was pampered and cared for until the high fever was gone.

The Dark Side had lashed out at me very badly when the holocron had sunk to the bottom of the lake. These Elves knew nothing about it though. They even thought that I was one of their kin. Actually everybody believed me to be that ill due to the vicious rancor attack that had killed my entire family.

Family. This was a word to ponder on.

Granny always had felt like family, but in the end she just had been a vassal to a foreign queen.

A queen who was actually my aunt, would I really be her still-born niece. But I was not. I was a clone.

Where clones persons at all? I sure felt like a person. There were thoughts and feelings inside this body of mine. And the Force had come to me anyway. If I would not be a real being, the Midi-chlorians never would have chosen a symbiosis with me. I owed it to them that I would survive this shock. Together we would find a way out, give meaning to my existence.

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/PA260034.jpg]

Once I was healthy enough to get out of bed, I made short walks through the large midwinter castle.

It was strange to me, living within stone walls. Our home inside an artificial hill had always been very cosy.

Dún Mor-Shiabh was an ancient monument, erected by generations of Elves who tried to make this harsh mountain chain their new homeland. It breathed history from every angle. Its wooden panels, its descriptive wall carpets, the weapon gallery, the glass windows, the complicated stone ornaments - all was so severe a

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A lot is happening there with dangerous Force users. Will she be safe?

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Had a wonderful time on holidays.

The lady is a very dangerous being it seems I'm sure there will be trouble.[face_worried]

=D=

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, dear bird, always in motion the future is and there is no balance in the Force... yet.

Oh by the way, thanks once more for your wonderful Christmas letter with the two paintings. They did brighten my difficult Christmas holidays a lot.

And I had a wonderful day when your Christmas letter arrived all the way from Austalia, dear Gkilkenny. So many beautiful photos and descriptions. Thanks a million!

Because you two were so utterly kind and sweet to me I would like to give you an extra long up-date now!

The next one will hopefully be next weekend.

The porridge which I had swallowed at dusk shot up my oesophagus again. Quickly, I put my hands in front of my mouth. My Midi-chlorians also came to the rescue. So the food remained in my trembling body.

After a while of staring ahead of me I shook my head in disapproval.

His Lordship had done it again. There was no mistake about it. He lay in front of the fire place, snoring like ten Elfin men at once. The morning light illuminated his features in a rather uncomplimentary way. The empty whiskey flask lay next to his nose. He was basically swimming in his own mess. The entire bower smelled like the sewers of the midwinter castle.

Compassion overcame me nevertheless.

Since Meala and her still born child had been cremated, he had undergone a total change of personality. He had lost the fire he had built his dream on completely. It seemed that the funeral pyre had taken his soul, too.

Only a fortnight ago the laird had bitten off the ear of a mountain farmer, who had been foolish enough to greet him kindly. He had build up the reputation of a brute and a madman.

I knew it was my duty to fetch Gáirdean, the steward, but I moved closer towards His Lordship. The kind of healing that I wanted to offer was small, but it would at least take away his throbbing headache.

The very moment my fingertips touched his forehead, His Lordship moved with the speed of the trained warrior that he was.

I made a sound of protest when he seized me in his grip.

?Meala!? he exclaimed, the alcohol still speaking within him.

His Lordship left no inch of my face untouched. His breath was sour and stale. There was nothing I could do about it. He mistook me for the Elfin woman he had held dear. The mother of his unborn child. The wife he had lost under such bitter circumstances. He sobbed her name over and over again as if it was a prayer that had come true.

When we finally parted his look was glassy and his body sagged back on the floor.

I did not stay to help him up again.

In disgust and panic I ran out of the room.

Nobody crossed my way while I ran through the big castle.

I stopped in front of the kitchen door, leaning my forehead against the wood. Embarrassment and self-loathing made my chest heavy. I needed to get a grip on myself again. Fear led to the Dark Side of the Force.

?I will not be mislead,? I whispered to myself. ?My soul belongs to me, clone or not.?

This incident had no meaning at all. His Lordship would sink back into the sea of despair again.

Perhaps he did not even realize that it had been me, Sionnach the kitchen maid, whom he had given the hot kisses of a lover. Only one woman did reign his broken heart.

When I was able to enter the kitchen my face was sombre again. Svala was asleep next to the oven, while Drambuie was cutting unions. I immediately joined the old Elfin woman there.

?Sometimes I wonder if it is still worthwhile cooking for His Lordship. Nothing temps him any longer.? Drambuie sighed deeply and went on to produce little slices of unions with

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    pregnant and on the run WOW. What an update. She has to find shelter and her freedom.

Excellent plot=D=

23. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Interesting!

Please add me to the PM list.

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I loved this post, she was full of compassion even after what he did to her and now she has to flee.

Wonderful.=D=

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, dear bird, a clone always seems to do a lot of running in desperate times.

I will, dear Misty, and sorry that the gap between updates was so long this time. I was able to paint after I lost my job, but I could not write. Only when I was in the mountains again, the blockade in my head was gone.

Dear Gkilkenny, the Force is with the lass. Therefore she was able to forgive. And she is a survivor.

Okay, at present my up-date list looks like this:

*earlybird-obi-wan
    *Gkilkenny
    *SWpants666
    *Lady_Misty

My husband DarthUncle does not count for he is my sweet and blessed editor. Even though he puts in little jokes into the text at times...

Anyway, because it was a long wait, I give you all a longer up-date:

Chapter 4: Ravenheart

How long my travels through the wondrous landscape of the Montes Nubii lasted was hard to tell. The sun climbed up and sank down at least several times, but I lost count of how many cycles. The sheer beauty of the mountains enchanted me.

The growth manipulation my body cells had undergone also led to occasional lapses of time on my behalf. Time was a concept difficult to grasp and determine for me, especially when being outdoors. Then I simply was, enjoyed my surroundings and flowed away in the Living Force.

Drambuie had packed enough food and tea bags into my backpack to last.

Each time I made my humble camp I gathered snow and turned it into boiling water with my special Force abilities. The same abilities helped me to stay warm and cosy, especially at night when the temperatures dropped even more.

Thousands of years ago, when the Elfin race had drawn back into devastated regions like this, they thought the reptilian race of the Ophidea would not be able to follow them. They had been wrong.

A real powerful Force user could adapt to any kind of climate. The members of the royal family were among the strongest and most skilled. Due to gene manipulation I was of their stock and so was the child inside me.

With each mile that I travelled further down into the Lowlands, leaving the majestic glaciers and snow deserts behind, the grip of winter softened. There where more and more patches were skiing was impossible.

Living in Dún Mor-Shiabh for so long, I had almost forgotten that there had been other seasons on this planet. When I reached the tree line, I could clearly see that it was spring.

Having no need for my skies any more, I rested them against a tree, together with the ski sticks.

And just like that, I went on into the unknown.

He came out of nowhere one evening when I was camping near a little river. It is not that I had let down my guard too much. The opposite was the case. He just was not the sort of hunter that I had expected. He was neither of the household of Dún Mor-Shiabh nor of the religious order of the beanmna feasa.

It was the legendary Taran Cù Sìth himself.

Like most Elves of the Daoine Side stock he was a very tall person. His straw-blond hair hung loose and was of shoulder-length. It hung down his back uncombed and filthy. Dry blood stuck in his stubby beard. Despite his ragged clothing he had an air of elegance around him. Once he had been a nobleman of means. The war against the Ophidea had changed all that.

?You smell strange, yet so familiar.? He told me straight to my face, looking down on me with his smouldering eyes of sulphur yellow.

His voice