main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WONDER*CON 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    I thought we were figuring out the carpooling when we got there. I for 1 will need a ride down, she can't make the long trip yet. So, if any-1 has a lil extra room, please let me squeeze in.

2. csarrico

csarrico Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2007
    Michele and I will be arriving tonight to SF, late though. We'll be going to Alactraz in the Morning, and we will see everyone that is there on Fri, and the rest on Sat. WONDERCON HERE WE COME!!!

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Vos, I would suggest PMing the people who you think might be able to get a ride with... or just privately ask. We would, but we can't... leaving in like 14 hours, and already stuffed to the gills.

-TJ

4. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Well, we finished cutting/sorting Jeremy's comic pages at about 330am today. In other news... a dear college friend, Andy Hoover, has sadly not pulled through of a tragic traffic accident on the way back from a huge theatre review thingy in socal this past weekend/early part of the week... Andy was an amazing guy who always told me to do great things every time we parted ways. I think that's something worth aspiring to. If I suddenly bite someone's head off or collapse in tears over the weekend, you'll know why. Of course, I'm too manly to do that. ;)

-TJ

5. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    My apologies for not planning ahead, is their anyone who could give me a ride to and from on Saturday.

6. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I am working on confirming how many seats I have open in my car, and then I'll let Vos and Russ know if I have room. I am pretty sure I am the only car going from Sac, so once my car is full, I think that's it.

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    You're driving a Magical Mystery Tour!

[image=http://photos.igougo.com/images/p103545-Liverpool-Magical_Mystery_Tour.jpg]

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Thats about right

9. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Everyone:

If that's so, I may not be going as I had planned. I don't think the financial situation is going to allow it for me after all, and I've been wrestling around with some crap-ups on an assignment in my computer course that's due this Saturday.:( If I go it will be a last minute thing (I would let somebody know by tomorrow evening). If no one hears from me by tomorrow then it means that I won't be going.

Maybe the next out'a town con.

(This will have been the second Wonder Con that I had missed two years in a row. Hopefully that may all change soon though; I'm supposed be getting a couple of more interviews next week, one of them looks pretty promising. We'll see.)

If you guys don't hear from me by tomorrow, have a groovy old time and tell me all about when you get back.

--JediDarkNight

10. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    Is this the Con that will be featuring a clip from the new X-Files movie ? I heard that Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny were going to be there.

11. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    that's the whisper i heard as well. Even a small chance for Ray Park to appear for the upcoming GI Joe flick. Although, that would be either 2-day or Sun (just in case u didn't know: Park was Darth Maul).

12. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    It's not a whisper :)

They are scheduled to appear... Duchovny and Andersen

13. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    what about Ray Park?

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    not sure if Ray Park will be there.

All set to meet in the morning.

15. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] Can anyone give me a ride to and from? (I will pay for gas)

16. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I PM'd you Russ.

17. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] Question

Is it cool to ware a costume or do I ware my polo shirt?

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  19. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    yup, wear the polo over the costume[face_laugh].

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  21. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Sorry for not making it down to the Con. With the weather reports and just getting back on my feet, and the headcold, it just was to much to do at this time. We had damage during the last bad storm and feel we need to be closer to home- just in case. Also freeway/causeway driving in high winds is not something that I really want to do. Maybe we will look at the one in San Diego since we are missing this one. Hope everyone has fun.

22. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Got back a little bit ago.

Had fun as always hanging out with SVRF'rs. Max got many photo ops from other fans in his Yoda costume.

Weather only really got bad for us on our way out. Hope the Magical Mystery Tour Bus had a safe trip back.

23. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Glad you made it back safe and sound. Now will have to wait for other rogues to check in so we can account for all traveling members. :)

24. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    we're back. it was at lot of fun. only a lil mild rain to & from. A lot of good stuff coming up. biggest news was Celebration V, [face_beatup] sadly though , we need to get passports & $$$$$, this one is in Tokyo, Japan:_| . Picked up a lot of Mandies(figs), talked to the DarkHorse rep., Lego Indy coming this summer[face_hypnotized]. I'm dwnldg pics now. as soon as that's done, I'll post them.

25. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Well I don't think Celebration Japan should be considered C-5 in the same way no one called Celebration Europe C-5.

I think C-5 will probably come down the pike in 2010 to celebrate thirty years of Empire.

I guess in the interim there can only be one replacement ..... FLASH-CON!

[image=http://mysite.verizon.net/alancshaw/Flash/Sam/Flash_Jets1.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.