main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WonderCon 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Quinlan_Vos_1, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Hi Rogues!
    * It's just around the corner now. Easter Weekend- April 2-4.
    * Kimmie & I have just submitted our volunteer stuff for both WC & SDCC
    * The Rebel Legion & 501st are having their annual SW dinner again at the same place/time as last year on Friday night. FanForce members(US)are allowed if invited by a RL or 501st member.
    * Kimmie is trying to get a costume together for WC, can't say what it is, since it's a work in progress right now & it's gonna be her 1st time.

Thursday, April 1st
    * Myke & Kimmie

Friday, April 2nd
    * Myke & Kimmie

Saturday, April 3rd
    * Myke & Kimmie

Sunday, April 4th
    * Myke & Kimmie

Vos

2. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I think I'm going to shoot for Saturday and Sunday, though I may just go on Saturday. Should be fun! I actually found my program from the 2nd Wonder Con back in 88 when it was called the "Wonderful World of Comics" and was held in Oakland. Brings back some great memories, can't wait for this year!

~DZ

3. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    WhooHoo, practically 1 month away! I'm looking forward to this, going to all 3 days too, figure why not since I'm passing on Comic Con. Also, Vos I'm working on Daniel Logan's Fett pic too, so you can give him the heads up if you happen to communicate with him. Hopefully he will be there so I can pass it on to him. If we want to give it to him from the group, thats totally cool too! I also owe him a round of drinks from his Fett coin scam, and I pay my debts especially to Boba Fett!

I'm also working on the flyer redesign to have ready for Wonder Con. If anyone has a good copy, jpeg of our logo the Rebel/Imperial cog, please let me know so I can use it in the header, otherwise I'll do my best to re-draw it in. I'm using the text from our Facebook page as the description of the group too. Will also include our Facebook page link, the link to here on TFN and the time and location of when we meet. If anyone wants to add anything else, let me know. Should have a preliminary flyer to show at the next meeting if not sooner.

~DZ

4. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Sounds great to me Zemog. DL doesn't know if he'll actually be there or not allowed to tell yet. I'll send him another message closer to the con.

Vos

5. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'll probably either go Friday, Saturday or both. But I have a feeling it will just have to be a day trip and therefore will have to be one of the two days only. I'll see what happens with work and all that and the finances (I just started working my seasonal position with the state again).

--JediDarknight

6. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Friday & Saturday programs are now avail. Sunday will be released tomorrow.
    FRIDAY
    * Battlestar, Caprica, and Beyond Forum and Discussion in Room 220 = 12:30-1:30
    * Dark Horse Comics 2010 & beyond in Room 103 = 2:00-3:00
    * Spotlight on Geoff Johns in Room 103 = 3:00-4:00
    * A WonderCon First! Exclusive Warner Bros. Television Screening: V
    in the Esplanade Ballroom = 3:45-4:30
    * A WonderCon First! Exclusive Warner Bros. Television Screening: Fringe
    in the Esplanade Ballroom = 4:30-5:15
    * A WonderCon First! Exclusive Warner Bros. Television Screening: Human Target
    in the Esplanade Ballroom = 5:15-6:00
    * Kevin Smith Q&A in the Esplanade Ballroom = 6:00-8:00
    * 501st/Rebel Legion Star Wars Dinner 7pm(I can possibly sponsor 1 or 2 Rogues if interested)
    * Star Wars: Last Fan Movie Standing in Room 103 = 8:30-10:00

SATURDAY
    * 20 Years of Hip-Hop in Comic Books(w/ Mike Hampton) in Room 236/238 = 11:30-12:30
    * Walt Disney Pictures and Disney?Pixar: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Toy Story 3 in the Esplanade Ballroom = 12:15-2:00
    * Galaxy Quest: A 23rd "Anniversary" Galactic Celebration: Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
    in Room 220 = 3:00-4:00(w/ Clone Wars': Steve Melching)
    * Screen Gems= Resident Evil: Afterlife in the Esplanade Ballroom = 4:00-4:30
    * Inside Star Wars: The Clone Wars(w/ D. Filoni & a few very special guests)
    in Room 103 = 4:30-5:30

These are just the ones Kimmie & I are interested in. There are a whole lot to choose from, just head to comic-con.org for full details.
    As of now, I only saw Peter Mayhew for Star Wars autographs, but sure more will be announced as we get closer.

Vos

7. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    am taking the week of wondercon off, i just need to see about driving out. i would like to take the GF to a 'real' con and we'd planned on going, but im supposed to be have oral surgery that week and don't know if im going to be fit to drive. or even go. would like to, though.

-TJ

8. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Wonder Con was SWEEEET!!! I'm actually glad I did the 3 day pass, I got to see a ton of cool stuff on the panels and had a blast! Saturday was crazy, totally packed full of attendees, but that's to be expected and it was hella cool seeing Vos and Kimmie and running into Marric and Jedidoria (and clan) at the event and without the use of locating by cell phones! Talk about needle and a haystack!

Anyway hope to have all my pics up online soon for all to see and Vos don't worry, I have your copy of Serenity safe and sound and will bring it to the next meeting for you.

~DZ

9. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Got my Wonder Con pics up into Photpbucket last night. Man, I took A LOT of the Chuck panel, probably my guy crush on Adam Baldwin, he's such a bad ass and totally cool! Plus I had a great seat up close for that and the Human Target panel and the Chuck panel especially was a great panel to be at, those guys were really funny! Anyway, check 'em all out, some cool shots and some partially blurry/on the move shots to see.

Wonder Con 2010

~DZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.