main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Woo-Hoo!!! Road trip! We're going to San Francisco for a digital showing on June 29th!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Thanks sacul I will take you up on that offer! I am glad everyone had a good time. I wish I could have gone. It would have been nice to meet the SF fanforce.

My weekend just keeps getting better and better. This morning around 10:30 AM I had some schmuk, who I have delt with in the past, come up to my front door and proceed to tell me he had been solicited about a week ago, by a girl named Sheila, to "torch" my car. He was just trying to worn me. Well, naturally while I kept him busy by showing him my badge, telling him I was a Deputy Sheriff, my mom called Yuba City PD and they responded. They have had contact with this guy too. He is a 51/50. He's on probation for petty theft. He has also done time for narcotics. I was hoping he had outstanding warrants but he doesn't at this time. So, Yuba City has their detectives looking into it, I called my Captain, and now Sutter County has got two detectives looking into it because I am an officer. I believe he is just casing the place to see if he could steal anything. He was surprised to find out I was a Deputy Sheriff. I told him, in front of the PD officers, I have a 45 Cal. S/W, and if anything comes up missing around my house, or my car gets vandalized in any way, I will come looking for him with a warrant for his arrest. So, my weekend has just been peachy.

I get re-injured, miss out on going to SF with my fellow Star Wars fans/friends, and someone tells me they have been asked to torch my car. Happy fn weekend to me!

2. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    LDV If you need a .22lr, 9mm, .44mag, .45cal, or 50.AE just let me know and you can borrow whichever one you would like. ;) I prefer the 50.AE; it makes quite the impression. :cool:

I?m sorry you?re having one of those weekends. :( I can?t stand losers, but on the other hand Sithtwins sister is trying to sell her mustang. Maybe he can come over and torch her car. If it makes you feel better I?m still at work! :eek:

P.S. All of the above are legal and registered. :D

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    crutag Thanks for the offer, but if my Fully Auto AR15 doesn't scare him.... :D

Benefits of being on the SWAT team ;)

I have a question, so be looking for a PM shortly. :)

4. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Yes an AR15 should do it. ;)

Have you ever shot a 50.BMG ? Now that?s a gun. Wow I almost lost my arm from the recoil. [face_plain]

--On the lookout!--

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I have shot the Desert Eagle 50 cal. Nice, but don't like the flame out the end. It screws up your night vision.

I have shot a full automatic 12 gauge shot got called "crowd suppressor" ;) with slugs. Almost had to have my shoulder put back in place after 12 continuous rounds. ;)

-- working on the PM --

6. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    [face_laugh] This is the first time I?ve heard that complaint about the Desert Eagle. Yes, it is an extremely impractical gun. But when Jen shoots it. :eek: The looks she gets from other guys at the shooting range just cracks me up. I told her if Pamela Anderson can shoot them (one in each hand) in ?Barb Wire? ya right so can you! And now it is her favorite gun. In fact if for some reason I ever get involved in a shoot out, she?s getting the 50.AE. ;)

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    <waves hand from back of the room> I was there too!!!! My little group had a blast hanging out with you guys.I think i converted my friend to the geeky side of the Force. Mel's was awesome, too bad George didn;t show up ;)

I can;t wait to move up there and do that again. Anyone in Davis need a roommate??

Bridget

8. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    LDV, worried about someone flaming your car? Worry no more! Just equip your car with the "Blaster" and when he approaches your car, he'll be met with this [image=http://www.madballoon.com/jonflash/randomness/carflame.jpg] :D

9. GHOST_RIDER

GHOST_RIDER Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    hey fn_clone that is FN hilarious. That pic is awesome!!! Crutag and LDV, you guys are cool. (so are guns)

10. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    knowing that our fan force could do a hostile take over of a small country with all the weapons we have brings warm feelings to my heart. [face_devil]

11. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    sorry guys, i'm just limited to a sword that's nearly as tall as me... ;)

12. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Yes, we had a great trip to San Francisco! :D Amazing we got so many people from all over the place in roughly one place at one time. Besides me, we had Crutag, Sithtwin, fn clone, sacul and his friend, CalXD and his brother, Pacman, and Tionne. In addition, we had a lot of people drop by from all over the Bay Area. I'd say that immediately after the film, we maybe had 20 fans hanging out together. Most of us then walked over to Mel's Dinner for burgers. It was a lot of fun. The movie was fantastic! All of the CG looked twice as good as normal. Flames, steam and smoked looked lifelike especially. I tended to see a lot more things on the screen I hadn't before noticed. I hadn't before viewed the movie with THX sound, and that really, really impressed me too. I think everyone enjoyed the movie and had a good time! It was great meeting some new people too. :D

We need to plan another date soon to get everyone else together that missed this one and get our shirts from LDV! :D

Lol! That's funny Crutag. I started to ask at one point during our drive if you were into guns too, since all of your other interests seem to fit with mine and my husbands. In addition to handguns, we have a couple shot guns. I've always wanted to get into skeet shooting. Thanks for driving. I had a great time chatting with you two! :D

13. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Likewise. ;) It was great to talk more. Hopefully your husband can join us next time.

Go Neil Diamond!!! :D

14. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I would've like to have gone (and I know Elvish wanted me to), but it just didn't work out. We should have another screening, though, even if it's just at a regular theater. I'm glad you all had a good time. I'm extremely jealous! I wish I could've seen it on the digital screen.

15. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Tsk tsk tsk guns guns guns.

it was your father's lightsaber, a weapon for a more civilized age, not as clumsy or random as a blaster....something like that.

Gotta admit I've been to a gun range a few times. but I've shot the most basic weapons 9mm .38 etc etc.
    Loads of fun but I don;t think I'd need to own one.

*note to self beg others to take me out shooting.

I got pretty good at trowning knives and a stars (not legal but hey I lost em so oh well)

16. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    grrr.... i'll be shining the sword if you need me....

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.