main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    I actually don't like raiding, but leveling is fun.

So I have a level 80 Horde pally and have been leveling a warrior to about 60 or so, but I've grown tired of the Horde and want to switch back to ally.

Is it worth the money to switch them over or should I just start anew on a diferent server?

-b

2. SpaceMonkey10

SpaceMonkey10 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 2, 2006
    I say start on a new server. Different peeps, and different economy. I do that.

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Pre-Cataclysm events Zalazane's Fall and Operation: Gnomeregan started today!

I did the Gnomer one and it was pretty fun and simple. The raid itself is similar to the Assault on Undercity in that you just follow the High Tinker Mekkatorque and the other NPCs around and kill everything you see with no real threat to yourself. Finishing it rewards you with a Feat of Strength and an item that turns you into a Gnomish Infantry for a half hour.

4. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    It was fun, but too short.

And I swear I never managed to do a damn thing there, too much was going onscreen.

5. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah, I was lucky and when I did it on my main there were very few people there. But when I came back later on my DK it was a zoo. Some jackass on a giant mount parked himself on one of the questgivers and people kept getting to far ahead of the gnome king and making the battle bug out.

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Husband's guild got LK down on hardmode last night! They are a 10 man strict guild so it's a pretty big deal, they are only the second guild in the world to pull it off :D

When I tried to do the Gnomer event on my shaman it bugged three times in a row, I was so irritated. All my other toons got thru on the first try except my druid, it bugged once on her.

I got my first horde toon to 75 this weekend so I'll try the Zalazane event on her later today.

7. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Anyone in Cata beta?

Heroics are HARD now, which is a good thing IMO.

8. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Heroics were hard when Wrath first came out. Doing Stratholme with a tank that had 22k fully buffed, and DPS and healers in a comparative state, made for a hard instance.

Once everyone has one or two tiers of gear on, heroics will again be easy.

9. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    They were hard, but not like this. LK heroics were always easier than BC heroics. Cata right now in the beta seems to be a notch tougher than BC heroics, but it's still beta.

10. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Eh. I disagree. BC heroics were a shock to people when they came out, because they were about level with ZG or AQ20 in terms of how difficult they were when you reached them in appropriate gear. People used to farming UBRS in their MC epics found them tough. People who were farming Naxxramas... not so much. I remember early BC, and I remember guild groups having no real problem with heroics. A run might be 45 minutes, but that really wasn't all that different from a Stratholme 60 run while wearing appropriate gear for the instance. What Halls of Reflection is right now, every instance was like at the start of Wrath.

The initial shock of Burning Crusade heroics is remembered, but they really weren't all that hard. Running a BC heroic in T5 was like running a LK heroic in T8. Running a BC heroic in blues and greens was like running a Wrath heroic in blues and greens. The only difference was, Wrath made it easier to get the blues and early epics if you bothered to try for them - in BC, you basically needed to level through instances or to have had T3 already in order to have zone appropriate gear, whereas in Wrath you had sufficient questing and crafting rewards to make it easy to be appropriately geared if you put a tiny amount of effort in.

Expect to see people complaining about how hard the new instances are for six months, and then complaining about how easy they are for the rest of the expansion.

11. SpaceMonkey10

Aug 2, 2006
    I'm hearing rumors that the portals from Dalaran and Shat are being removed and replaced with class trainers and AH in those cities. Thoughts?

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm all for it. I know a lot of people will be upset because now they can't keep their hearth in Dal. But with flying in Azeroth now it's not going to be that bad. So you have to wait for a boat/zepplin every once in a while? I think people will be surprised just how fast a 310% mount is in the old world.

My only concern is that it's not exactly easy for a fresh level 70 (or 68 for that matter) to get to Dal without a mage or Cold Weather Flying manual. I assume they'll be making the Dal FP automatically known like they do with Shat now.

13. SpaceMonkey10

Aug 2, 2006
    I think I will still remain hearthed in Dalaran. They're keeping the portals to Org and SW. So I could just port there and go from either of those to the reast of the old continents.

14. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    What's the point of that? Hearth to Dal and then run over to the portal to SW/Org? Why waste your time? In Cata there will be nothing in Dal that isn't in the capital cities. I'll be hearthing to SW for sure. Maybe Ironforge.

15. SpaceMonkey10

Aug 2, 2006
    If i'm questing in Northrend, I mean. Why waste time going back to the 2 original continents if I don't need to?

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Oh well in that case of course. That's how they're designed to be used. I assumed you meant once Cata was released and you were leveling 80-85.

17. SpaceMonkey10

Aug 2, 2006
    Well, yeah. That too.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
  19. SpaceMonkey10

Aug 2, 2006
    Nice! I can't wait!

20. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    52 weeks of killing Marrowgar...

21. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    The number of raids in Wrath has been pitiful, Blizz bit off more than they could chew with the size of Cataclysm.

I used to play WoW like 15 hours a day at University, but stopped since I started working. Hopefully Cataclysm has some good content to get me back in.
    I hit the gold cap, so I have plenty of cash waiting to buy BiS gear. Time for more realm firsts plaise.

22. SpaceMonkey10

Aug 2, 2006
    Wait, there's a gold cap? What is it?

23. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    215k gold per character

24. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Big patch day
    Just about managed to do the Gnomer quests minutes before the realm went down

25. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Dammit Blizzard. I've taken my druid out of hibernation, so how much does it cost to fly in Northrend? Is it still thousands?

It'll be cool flying through the old zones.