main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI would this be one of our own?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lovelucas, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    This is from Bonnie's Blog - Rose Parade practice/gatherings etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonniegrrl/339465841/in/set-72157594449645708/

and there's a ton of pix here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonniegrrl/tags/roseparade/

2. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    no doubt!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonniegrrl/339464074/

3. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Yep, Jon is having a Blasty good time out there in California. He is actually going to the Rose Bowl game after the parade. He is thrilled and I bet a little tired.

Did you watch the parade? Jon was on the far side from the camera, so he wasn't visible on the broadcasts. He carried the Florida flag (they made everyone go in height order, that's why he wasn't carrying Michigan).

4. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    awesome!!! I've taped it, jumping back and forth between ABC, NBC and the Travel Channel - who is repeating the entire thing RIGHT NOW!

Yikes - I just reread your post. Blasty had to carry Florida's flag?????? Florida, who is playing in Michigan's place at the NC game?

I'd love to hear all the stories......
    George surprising them all with a visit. How cool.

5. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    It could have been worse, imagine Jon's reaction if they asked him to carry Ohio's flag. He's not one to really complain about something like that, unlike me. ;)

Jon finally had the chance to have a picture with George, as he posed with a large group and then with smaller groups. He also got to shake his hand. I have talked to him every night, but I'm sure there will be TONS of stories once he gets home.

6. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    What!!! The Florida flag. What the heck were they thinking? Who carried the Michigan flag?

7. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Somebody taller than Jon. They had the first row of semi-important people or something and the rest were arranged by height. The flags were arranged alphabetically by country then state. The exceptions were the US flag, California and Michigan. Those flags were on the outside of the first three rows so they faced the cameras. Jon had the MI flag on the first day, but he suggested they move the flag to be right behind Cali on the camera side.

8. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Okay, I've got it now. I hope there will be a moment of silence for President Ford before the Rose Bowl game. He did go to Michigan and lived in California.

9. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    so happy for Jon...
    at last, he will have his......handshake with the Master!

10. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Yep, read that also.

11. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    Hope Jon had a good time at the game. I know I had a cr@ppy time seeing it on TV :_| :_|

12. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Yeah, I hope Jon had fun at the game despite the score. It would seem the old Michigan is back.:_|

13. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    He ended up not going. His roommate who was going with him wasn't feeling very well after the parade, and they were very worried about how they were going to get there in time for the game. They ended up watching it at the hotel bar. I slept through the game, so I missed it, but I did see the score. I bet Jon's not a happy MI fan right now. :mad:

14. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    It feels like Casey struck out.

no blocking - what happened to the offensive line? and the USC players are saying they could see everything coming because there's never any surprises by Michigan - so of course they spread the line - they had watched the Buckeye game.....and even the Ball State game.

and perhaps there was a jinx there in what Hart said before the game.

really too bad - because the talent is there. Maybe it's better that Michigan will no longer be considered in the running for #1 in 2007. They're always better as underdogs.

but dang. why wasn't there a re-adjustment after half time?

15. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Thats great he carried the Florida, way to go. We have it tivoed and I will have to go back and look for him, also have a downloaded long clip I will have to check out too. SWEET.

16. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Ross, how are you? :)

Since Jon wasn't on the camera side you will only see the flag. He's in the 4th row, if that helps. :D

17. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Susie I don't know if you have seen this picture. I'm hoping that its Jon.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/stiger1/RoseBowlParade_173.jpg]

18. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Hi Susie, Im doing good. He should be carring a white flag with a green cross on it. So he's not in that picture I dont think. But there is a Florida trooper in it on the right with a florida patch on his bell.

Did you read the post I posted about the traveling FF mascot?

19. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I did see the thread!

Oh, good find Shannon! Jon is the trooper in the foreground on the right side. The flag is white with a red X and a circle with a design in the middle. I had to look it up when Jon told me he wasn't carrying the Michigan flag. I only know Hawai'i, Arizona and Michigan. I might be able to recognize a few others, but those are the ones I know best. I have been bookmarking every set of photos I can find, but I haven't had the chance to look through them all yet. :)

20. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Well then here is another picture.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/stiger1/IMG_0415.jpg]

21. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    [image=http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_1326_images/0101071224_M_lucas_george.jpg]
    That one is my favorite. :)

22. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
  23. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

24. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    Susie and Jon - these are best pix I have ever seen of a Star Wars Happening - fantastic! I so thank you for sharing them with us ~
    You made me feel like I was there.

Any chance at all that you guys can find a way to go to LA and CIV? After this experience it's a golden opportunity to re-connect.

25. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Very slim chance for us. As much as I want to go, we cannot afford it. You will have to take lots of photos for us! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.