main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Would you name your kids after Star Wars?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Feb 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Trigue

Darth_Trigue Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    And your point in upping the topic is exactly what? hehe

My answer is obvious I guess. ~grins~ My rational? If he's going to hate me as a teenager, I might as well give him an obvious reason. lol Kids will tease him for his name no matter what...IRL I got stuck with the name Mary Elizabeth and I have hated it since my first day of public school. At least with Anakin he'll have *some* chance of a kid thinking his name is cool...and he won't have to look over his shoulder every day wondering if someone is calling his name or some other Anakin. hehe

And yes, if/when we have a daughter we're seriously thinking of naming her Mara. Unless we have twins...then all the rules go out the window depending on gender. lol

2. j_lauron

j_lauron Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 1999
    This reply isn't really about names, since I have my kids, I am not having anymore kids and have already been through the name game. Actually I was thinking about naming my first with a SW name but my husband at the time wouldn't even listen to any of those names. He chose Ashley, I chose Cheyenne. Ashley won and she's been Ashley ever since.
    But I really wanted to say, I'm with you Jupitor. Peter Wingfield can eat crakers in my bed anytime! ;)

3. Rikaelus_Alexander

Rikaelus_Alexander Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I could imagine naming my second son (assuming I even have one) Corran. (After Corran Horn - Rouge Squadron/Jedi) My first son's name will be David Alexander Mittner. David for the first due to a family tradition I'm starting -- both my name and my father's is David. And 'Alexander' because of it being the last name of my role playing character. (*cough* Rikaelus Alexander)

4. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    hey DARTH TRIGUE,
    My wife's friend knows someone who named her son Anakin. Do you know Amber M or are there 2 little Anakins running around the valley?

Anyway, I my sone is named Aidan Bejamin, although the middle name is more because of my wife's favorite brother, not her favorite Jedi. (Yes, that makes him Aidan's 'Uncle Ben') Our daughter is named Liberty Rose because she was born 2 weeks after the WTC attack, and it also sounded kinda hippie-ish (there's a Grateful Dead song ofthe same name).

We did just get a new bird (rescued actually) and named him Jango! I'm completely spoiler-free, but my wife is a little spoiled, so when ever she starts a conversation with "Did I tell you Jango..." I have to cut her off.
    "If it's about SW, I don't wanna know, if it's about the bird, go ahead." :D

5. Darth_Trigue

May 9, 2002
    I do believe there's another Anakin running around somewhere in the area. It was the strangest thing...when I took my Anakin do his pediatrician for the first time the doctor said that there was another Anakin that was a patient there. ~grins~

I dismissed it as confusion on the doctor's part...there was no way there was someone else out there as insane as me! Well...it seems I could have been wrong.

Let's just hope there isn't *another* Anakin in the Phoenix area...I was *trying* for unique. LOL

6. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    I come from a large family. My uncle has 3 sons. The youngest is Luke...The next oldest is Ben...The oldest is Nick.
    I call Nick Han.

7. ErinTheSWGeek

ErinTheSWGeek Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I've always liked "Indiana" for a boy's name, mostly because I'm a Harrison Ford fan, but also because you can shorten it to "Indy" which is even cooler.

I always say I'm gonna use "Soda" for my girl's name, any avid watchers of Seinfeld will get it. Seriously though, there's not a lot of girl names that interest me.

I think Luke, Han, and Leia are perfectly fine names and most kids would probably think they're cool. Believe me, kids can make fun of almost any name possible (try Thomas, my last name -"ThomASS",even "Thermostat" I mean...COME on) so it really doesn't matter.

8. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm not so sure about my kid, but I would like to take a moment to share with you that we have a mother out in the star wars line who is putting in hourse starting today (11th) with her 2 year old son named ANIKAN. It's really funny watching him wander around the sidewalk and hearing her say things like, "Anikan, I'm not going to tell you again. Come to me please."

LP

9. Darth_Trigue

May 9, 2002
    ~ahem~

That would have been me.

Do you see the world of irritation I live in now? LOL

I might be back tomorrow...I *will* be out every other day for sure. :) I might take a break tomorrow though...Anakin was a bit more hyper at the wonderful new experience than I like to put up with. ~sigh~

(And yes, I am a bit on the shy side, so that's why I didn't go around introducing myself to everyone in hopes of meeting someone who would have seen me around on the boards. lol)

10. Droideater

Droideater Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    yeah, Im one of the sicko's (and thats a good thing) that has named their kid after star wars. As far as im concerned Jedi is a perty nifty middle name.. plus my kid just might be the best saber wielder ever born.. and he can pull off a mean lookin death scene..lol

see you guys monday morning

11. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I dunno about SW names, but if I have a daughter, I would like to name her Elahna, after the queen in David Edding's Elenium trilogy.

12. R2SB

R2SB Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Droideater, your kid's death scene rocks!! I especially enjoyed the slo-mo and the open mouth finish. (The kid's only 2, for anyone who missed it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.