main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Wow!!! 9 am , and I can't wait for Friday.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    So, I roll into work this AM. Nice day, post good weekend, a nice 4th. What can go wrong? But some **** bum thinks it's a good idea to bash in a window on the SLAVWON because I stopped him from taking stuff from my work's parking area. So, now my respect for the homeless has gone from zero to much less. No more hand outs. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

man 9 am... and I need a drink. That rum on Friday will be so good!

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that, Lou. :( I too stopped giving handouts when: 1) I gave $ to a guy and later saw him buying cigarettes with it! :mad: , and 2) I got a bag of leftover pastries that Starbucks was throwing out, and when I went to hand it out, these people complained that I didn't have napkins! I threw it on the street in front of them!

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I was parked out near Moscone center back at Worldcon and there were so many creepy folks around trying to "wash my windows" that I hustled into the car and in my hurry to get out of there forgot if I closed the trunk lid properly. Got a few miles down 101 and decided to pull over to check it. When I got out, I was still wearing my high leather riding boots (it was Pirate day for our little band) with the heel lifts and staggered a bit on my aching feet standing up out of the car...

Right in front of the cop that had pulled over unnoticed behind me.

Next thing I know, I'm touching my nose, watching a pen with my eyes, speaking the alphabet, walking a straight line, etc.

Given my state of attire and my slight stagger when I got out, she assumed I had been at a party and been drinking. Showing her my convention badge got me a raised eyebrow and a suggestion that I find an exit next time to check the status of my trunk lid.

Shortly after I was back on the road and thinking next time I'm switching to my tennies for the drive home and parking at a safer, patrolled lot...

On the other hand, Mrs. Sid seems to be able to recognize people in real need and helps them out to their immense gratitude. She won't give money that could buy drugs, liquor, or cigs, but instead gets them food from down the street. One guy on the Santa Cruz wharf ate better than we did that night I think, he got hot clam chowder in a bread bowl, we ended up grabbing McD's later that night.

She's got a good heart.

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    That's too bad about your car Lou. I had a woman walk into my work the other day asking for money and started yelling at me when I wouldn't give it to her. At the same time, there are people out there who need help. I guess working in south of market has made me jaded. There are plenty of times walking to the bus at night that I am glad I look like a bum getting out of work. Ah, city living. lol

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    That's when walking with a suspicous long black bag about 1.2 meters long comes in handy sometimes. Sorry about your window dude, my windshield window just got a 2" crack in it last week. A small rock must have hit it when I was driving the day before. The crack got bigger and it's about 1' now. :(

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I've heard that depending on the damage some outfits can fix cracks and chips on windshields. Don't know how, maybe it's some kind of super resin, but they advertise repair services and say that it's cheaper than replacement.

And sorry I didn't say it before, but it does suck having someone wreck your stuff just because they didn't get what they want, it's vandalism no matter what and you didn't need that, no one does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.