main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

www.vadercast.com

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by LRavenwolf, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LRavenwolf

LRavenwolf Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2006
    Hey everyone,

Right now my team and I are in the final stages of development on a new Star Wars fansite, vadercast.com. The main aim of the site is to have a strong focus on interactivity with the community. Now, I'm well aware that the community is a strong focus on tf.n, but we're aiming to do so in a different way. Forums have been done to death, and while we will have them they will be in more of a support role for a few of our key features.

One of which will be a Star Wars for Newbies in sort of a "for Dummies" format that will help introduce new fans to Star Wars and hopefully be a bridge between people who just can't get why we love it so much. I suspect we will see wives/girlfriends using it the most. Not because they don't ever watch Star Wars, but because I know many a man who's woman stands by him but gets a look of utter hopelessness when he breaks out with the Star Wars references. We want to help!

Also, we will have an extensive costuming support network. The section will be lead by a master costumer (already on board) who will use the site to collect a wealth of information to get even the most inexperienced through their first costumes if they are ambitious and willing to work.

Another key point will be collecting and conventions. We will show people the basics of collecting, what has been and what we think is to come. We will show people who want, how to start up their own conventions and that its not impossible, while it still may be an act of sheer will. Our collector staff member is in charge of "Convention Awareness Day" in Texas. His motto is, "You can't go if you don't know." We all agree - Conventions are a load of fun to attend, but sometimes they don't get the exposure they deserve. Its a project we are excited to see grow in the next years.

One more piece that we are very proud of is that we are developing a new Pen & Paper RPG system that really takes what is out there (D20, D10, etc) and improves on its weaknesses while simplifying certain aspects to make them more intuitive, thus encouraging the assimilation of new players who may never have played any previous system, while the multiple layers will challenge even the most seasoned roleplayer. We call it the Mystic system, and we will be unveiling it in just over a month.

Our crowning achievement is that we will have consistently updated (audio and video) podcasts. We have a dedicated team who will be attending all the cons (in official or unofficial capacity) and for the most part be participating by doing live recordings, celeb interviews, fan interaction, trivia contests (I know its been done before), giveaways, battles of the bands, and so much more that I could go on for a while but want to save some of what we are planning for future episodes. We already have our preview podcast online which you can download at our site.

Anyways - the page up there right now is just a placeholder, and really just to keep links to the podcast and to let people know about our launch party on Sept 16th. If anyone is interested in joining us just email me and I'll put you on our mailing list for the party. I've yet to confirm the locale just yet but I have little doubt we will have no problems doing so.

Please bookmark us, check out our podcast. We're recording our next one shortly and it should be up on the site in about 2 weeks. Launch is about 3 1/2 weeks away, and we're all really excited to become part of the fansite community!

May the Force Be With Us All
    Tim
    Founder, VaderCast.com
    tim@vadercast.com

2. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Sounds like a cool site! You'll have to post here again when you launch so I can check it out!

3. LRavenwolf

Jul 12, 2006
    Did you check out the Podcast? If so, what did you think? I've not gotten much feedback on it and I'm eager to hear what the listeners think. We've had 100+ downloads in a week and no feedback!

-Tim

4. LRavenwolf

Jul 12, 2006
    Honored delegates of the Jedi Council Boards!

www.vadercast.com is open for business!

Please check us out and let us know what you think. We are open to all forms of constructive criticism!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.