main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yarael Poof is STILL My Dad

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Saber_Master, Feb 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber_Master

Saber_Master Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2001
    can wee see my favourite jedi master in battle in ep-ii, his tiny head and long neck would be amusing to watch, especially since he's got 4 hands and therefore could have 4 sabers.

2. Saber_Master

Jan 18, 2001
    yeah, oppo rancisis is his name apparently. he does look like his head is just charles darwin's beard. think of the smell if he got singed with a lightsaber.......mmmm...roast pork

3. Grand_Moff_Sickness

Grand_Moff_Sickness Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2001
    >that Jedi who looks like he's made out of hair

That would be Oppo Rancisis.

To quote the Visual Dictionary...

"Abdicating his throne on Thisspias, Oppo Rancisis instead sought to serve the entire galaxy among the Jedi order based on Coruscant. When negotiations fail, Rancisis ensures that Jedi-counseled military tactics are cunning and effective."

as for Yarael Poof, it says...

"The attenuated Quermian Yarael Poof is the consummate master of Jedi mind tricks. He uses Force suggestions to bring conflicts to an abrupt end, turning combatants' fears against themselves."

I would say that it's safe to say not all Jedi are gonna weild a lightsabre.

4. Saber_Master

Jan 18, 2001
    just because they don't like to use them doesn't mean they won't, Vader liked choking people but still used his saber to good effect.

anyway, i just want to see more of Yarael Poof and i hope he doesn't get killed too easily in ep-ii (if at all)

5. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    sorry but I don't think he is even in Ep. II.

6. Grand_Moff_Sickness

Grand_Moff_Sickness Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2001
    I hope all 12 members are featured in the upcomming movies, but to see Yoda, Yadle, Yarael and Oppo weild lightsabres would look really silly. :D

7. GRAND_MUFF_TURPIN

GRAND_MUFF_TURPIN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2001
    Do you think Lucas looks back and sort of thinks
    'Oh God, why on earth did I put those freaks in the Jedi council.' (rhetoric no need for a question mark)
    He may in the TPM:SE go back and superimpose Russell Crowe, Carey Elwes, Indigo Montoya, The Dread Pirate Roberts and Antonio Banderas over then freak-show jedi council as they all know how to wield. a bit.

8. Ki-Adi Bundi

Ki-Adi Bundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2000
    It is said that Poofy is to be replaced by another jedi master.

9. darth-bendy-ned

darth-bendy-ned Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2001
    I've heard that all the Jedi are going to be replaced by those flying monkeys out of the Wizard of Oz.

Yarel Poof is cool - I'd love to see him headbutt someone.

There is no Dread Pirate Roberts - it's an act.

10. darth-bendy-ned

Feb 9, 2001
    But think of the wind up Yarael could get.
    If he bent his neck backwards he could almost touch the ground behind him and then release his head and THWACK - bang goes another clone.

I do like the boa constructor approach though...

11. darth-bendy-ned

Feb 9, 2001
    or.....
    maybe he could place a really small thermal detonator in his mouth, ram his head down someone's throat, use his super long mr tickle-esque neck to propel his head down into his opponent's stomach and then release the detonator.

He could then pull his head out and smirk as his confused foe felt the detonator explode in his stomach....

12. darth-bendy-ned

Feb 9, 2001
    sad it may be (and believe me it is), but for some of us it's 12:30pm and we're risking dismissal by wasting time on crappy SW boards.

Now that's sad.

how d'ya get those faces??

13. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Maybe Vader gets him with the choke hold.

By the way, are Poof's arms long enough that he can scratch his nose? Does he have a nose?

14. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    The only reason they didn't give him horns, is that a spiked head on top of that long neck would have looked like a Mace
    (a mace is a spiked ball on the end of a chain for those of you that don't know)
    :)

"Hey! Don't swing that thing at me!"

15. GRAND_MUFF_TURPIN

GRAND_MUFF_TURPIN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2001
  16. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Perhaps he could force-grow horns, lil lightsaber horns, in the heat of battle.
    From there it's just a case of headbanging to victory!

:D

17. darth-bendy-ned

Feb 9, 2001
    i'm glad this is back!

right then, how about.... sneaking his way into Palpatine / Sid's apartment, putting on a fez and pretending to be a lamp.
    Once Palpatine (who incidentally is, I think, Anakin's dad) gets used to his new 'lamp' and stops being wary of it Yareal could throw off his fez and attack Palps in his sleep.

18. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Here's an interesting tidbit, Yarael's head is actually alittle bigger than a human head, it just looks small...discuss.

19. Converter_of_Power

Converter_of_Power Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2000
    I remember reading that Kit Fisto is to replace Yarael Poof in the next episodes. The reason being is that Lucas couldnt figure out a way to kill Poof off without making it look silly. This all true, Im not making this is up this is actually what I heard. I dont mind if Yarael is gone, cause Fisto is sweet!

20. EdthaSock

EdthaSock Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2001
    ya real poof! Im a gonna punch ya inna head like so mnay speeedbags I punched as a wee lad in me farthers garage.

21. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I'm not your dad! ;)

22. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    I'll be damned if I'm going to pay any child support! ;)

23. darth-bendy-ned

Feb 9, 2001
    if Yarael Poof was my dad, I'd make him take me to the zoo on his access days, and then I'd tease the baby giraffes.

"Hah! Call that a neck? My dad makes your dad look like a ..... short... necked... thing. Ha"

24. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    Oh, I see! You just want someone older than you to buy you beer! ;)

25. JediGittes

JediGittes Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    He could, through usage of his many arms and long neck, actually use his head to perform a breakdance stylee headspin, which, given the length of neck and his many arms, would then allow a fine opportunity to chop at people's kneecaps/genitalia with his many lightsabres. Better still, he could use two lightsabres to inflict damage and with the other two hands, throw undiluted dettol and petrol onto the recently made wounds. Now that would hurt.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.