main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello Western Australia!

Welcome to Yoda's World Tour!! We're very eager to have you onboard. :)

Some quick news:

1) The planning thread on the Santa Cruz board is Here, for quick reference.

2) We are putting a cap on joining the tour. The last day to join is Friday, July 8th. (You guys barely squeaked in. If any of the other Fanforces in your area wish to join, let them know quick!) ;)

3) Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda. The layout of the book has not been completely decided, yet once we know, you'll know. ;)

4) And lastly, I am going to need a contact person. Someone in the group who will take full responsibility of Yoda and ensure that he is properly shipped off (and will also send the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi, so we can keep track of him.

IF I DO NOT HAVE A CONTACT PERSON BY THE TIME THE TOUR BEGINS, I AM SORRY TO SAY WE SHALL HAVE TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE TOUR. :(

What I need from the contact person:
    Name, home adress, and email. No, I'm not going to sell it online. :p Only two people will have a list of contacts: myself and Master--Kenobi. We need your adresses for shipping, and the email address to say "Hey, he's on his way, hey he's stuck in a blizzard, etc.."

Please have your appointed contact person PM me with this information.

Thank you all and we're very eager to begin the tour!! :D

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I thought it would be good for Yoda to stop by our city for a while. For now I'll be the contact for the tour, however if anyone wants to help then by all means let me know :)

We can organise it so we should recieve Yoda via Singapore, and send him on to our friends in the Eastern States.

I've already got a perfect idea for a shot of Yoda pirched atop Kings Park ;) I'm also thinking this would be a good chance to add some Knighthood elements to the story, maybe a shot from one of our locations (Perth Concert Hall?). If you've got any other ideas, PM Me :)

3. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    That's cool. And Kart stay the contact. It's easier if it doesn't get switched around. And since you seem to have already organised this stage of it, it's best if you continue. :)

4. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    We're on the list for him as well.. SAFF.

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Hmmm...anyone fancy a drive out to the Pinnacles while Yoda's in town? :p

Seriously, sounds really good to me. Especially the Perth Concert Hall.

6. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I had a feeling you would like that, Saint :)

Alright we can make a list of all locations we think are best for little Yoda to travel to. There's a few good ones to start with, maybe a few day trips on a weekend for all those interested.

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I can arrange a photo with the world's biggest hole. I'm referring to the superpit of course, not the town. :p

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda's Travel Itinerary!

London, England
    Central England
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Malyasia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    Southern Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, California
    Inland Empire, California
    Orange County, California
    Los Angeles, California
    San Francisco, California
    Sacramento, California
    Spokane, Washington
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Cleveland, Ohio
    London, Ontario - Canada
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    Buffalo, New York
    Rochester, New York
    New York City, New York
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Washington DC
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Macon, Georgia
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Southern Colorado, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Provo, Utah
    Tucson, Arizona
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Southern Nevada, Nevada
    HOME!!

We're very eager to begin. Thank you for participating!! :D

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Sounds great! I can't wait to see Yoda :p

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    As a brief update, Yoda's flight to England leaves Tuesday. :D

He spent the past week at Comic Con International in San Diego, hanging out with all the Star Wars celebs that were present. Pictures can be found in the planning thread on the Santa Cruz forum.

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Great news! Yoda's on the prowl. I'll check out those screens for sure. Let me know when we can expect our friend hitting Australia.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda is in England!!

I am leaving for New Zealand tomorrow, so please direct ALL questions to Master-Kenobi until I get back.

Also, on the issue of The logbook:

A binder is being sent around with Yoda to help record his journeys. Each group will be allowed ONE PAGE to fill up/decorate to your hearts' desires. We ask that only one picture be put on it, as the rest can be uploaded to the website (which is going through SERIOUS technical difficulties at the moment and may not be up as soon as we'd like).

A sample page can be seen HERE.

You will have a place to put a picture, a small tag to indicate the date and other information, a small pocket to hold things, and a space at the bottom to describe his adventure.

We ask that each group PLEASE only uses one page, as we only have enough for one page per group. Also, please do not include any plants or food on the page, since we don't want customs confiscating the book and breathing down our neck about it. :p

Thanks again!

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    When you Perth guys are done with him perhaps you could send him on to me in Kalgoorlie and I'll send him along to the South Australian folks. Another stopover in the same state.

14. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    There's a schedule they're trying to keep to, a delay of even one or two days each stop would amount to months at the other end. I think the cutoff for getting on board and on the schedule was July 8.

15. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, maybe someone wants to drive to Kalgoorlie for a day?

Only a suggestion.....

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    soneil: "We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations" - Where does Kal fit into that? :p

Kart: Mr Contact Person, what are your plans for Yoda? Where's he going to? What's happenin?

17. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    What other location would look more like Tatooine! :)
    Of course I don't know if Yoda ever visited that planet but he was old. I'm sure he'd got around in those 900 years.

18. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    lol ;) Kal is a great idea. Keep it in mind and if we can we'll do it. Soneil, think you can drive up and back with little Yoda in a quick burst of speed?

Well let's see. The obvious places I've previously mentioned, that being Kings Park and the Bell Tower. Maybe a location or two that we used for Knighthood, Concert Hall would be good. We'll be throwing a welcome party for sure to get some snazzy photos. If time allows there's plenty of other places that are possible, if we wish to organise a few group gatherings and have some fun.

Keep the ideas coming guys! :)

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys, just a quick update.

Yoda's missing in London. We're hoping to find him soon and get the tour underway, so here's hoping that the contact person (who dropped off the face of the planet) surfaces again. :)

Once we find the little tyke, then we'll get the tour going again. I won't even try to give ETAs for him until we find him, but I'll keep you guys informed! :D

20. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Thanks for the update Miana! I hope Yoda makes it out of London alive :p

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda has been found! He's still in London at the moment but he should be on his way to Midlands soon enough! :D

22. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    It was a close one, but Yoda survived his London adventure. Granted, it took a little bit longer then we all expected :p Still, that's good news so we should see Yoda down under very soon!

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    So what happened to him in London ?

24. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    He was given to TheDarthVader, who then got really sick and consequently, no one could get a hold of him. When TheDarthVader was well enough to return to the London forum, he let us know that Yoda was alive and well.

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    ^ Exactly. :)

Yoda has moved on to Midlands, England! :D

(Still no word on website... *grumbles*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.