main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY You all have my condolences...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TIEace, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Thoughts and prayers from over here in Illinois. Everyone is thinking of you.

JediGemini

2. Relativity

Relativity Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2001
    hi NYC. i just wanted to let you all know that my heart goes out to you all.

everyone here in CT is pulling for you and will do whatever we can to help. i can't do much myself but i will give blood and volunteer at the red cross.it's the least i can do for my countrymen.

it's a scary day indeed.

3. jedi7401

jedi7401 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2001
    Our thoughts, fervent prayers and tears for those of you in NY and Washington that have family and/or friends that were caught in the tragedies today.

My hope is that America and all Americans will be strong and stand against this attack on our people and as a whole.

Our attackers will NOT go unpunished. May God be with you all, from the Minnesota FF with love.

4. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    I too wish to send my condolences to the families of those that were unfortunately and unjustly lost. I will keep everyone in my prayers.

5. JediDoKarate

JediDoKarate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2000
    The entire world is with you New York. I think that everyone has been affected by this tradgedy in one way or another. Here in Palm Springs, CA we have lost one of our citizens on Flight 11. All our thoughts and hopes are with you during this terrible time. And please be assured that those responsible WILL be dealt with accordingly.

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The thoughts and prayers of all of us here in Atlanta go out to all those affected by this tragedy. I hope that all the members of the New York FanForce, and their families, are safe and sound.

7. JediLeia

JediLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    Our thoughts and heart felted prayers are with you New York
    on behalf of Outer Rim, Western Australia.

8. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Also from Western Australia, My thoughts are with you all and hope that justice will be served.
    And may the fallen have flights of angels sing them into heaven.

9. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    I am deeply shocked and saddened by yesterdays events and want everyone there to know I am thinking of them now. The unthinkable has happened and the feelings I have now will stay with me forever.
    From Leeds, England all my love goes to the people of New York.
    MTFBWY, always.

10. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001

Thoughts and prayers from Indiana are with you and your families at this time.

MTFBWY

11. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    From all of us in Queensland Australia, our warmest heartfelt sympathies. We are shocked that this tragedy has befallen you. We grieve deeply for you.

12. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    As of last night I was not planning to go to work, my train was not running. This morning I wake up to find out my train was running, so off to work I went. I had to cross the Manhattan Bridge, what a horrible sight it was and that is putting it mildly, a large gap full of gray smoke. I tried to look the other way to the blue sky, but it was just unavoidable. All the people looking out the window shaking their heads in disbelief. I into Manhatten to see it next to empty, never have I seen it like this, cops and police cadets all over the place. Stores that are open 365 days a year closed. I go up into my office only to find out we are closed, I was not happy at all, not a reason I want to see work closed. So back on the train I go, I see that terrible sight yet again. I get home and the Fighter plane are doing constant fly bys, VERY Scary. The only time we get that is for Holiday are arial shows.

13. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    i had a very similar experience to you, mysterysith.

in my 26 years in here i've never seen NY like this. so quiet... the people subdued... the streets empty. and yet the sun is shining and by all accounts a beautiful day.

its surreal is what it is. as i, too, crossed the bridge this morning on the subway people quietly crained their heads to see out the windows and mummers and gasps could still be heard.

i live in bklyn (as it sounds like you do) and where i live is about as directly across the river as you can be. walking home last night you could smell the smoke and burning, ash getting in your eyes and on the cars.....

i feel like i've yet to wake from a dream.

14. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm posting from Dunedin, New Zealand. Shocked and saddened. I was watching our early morning news bulletin when it happened. I'm sure I speak for all of N.Z. and extent a hand of friendship and my deepest condolences.

For those who were lost, we will remember you.

15. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    I too had an eerie experience today. I went into work, and found that Manhattan seemed like a town in a Twilight Zone episode. So quiet, so subdued. One of the things that I used to like doing was walking to the corner of 30th and 6th and looking south to see the Towers looming over everything. Today when I did that all I saw was a cloud of white/grey ash. My co-worker said that it looked like the ghost of the towers was just hovering over the scene, refusing to leave the place that had once been it's home.

I'll tell you, it's still hard to comprehend. I feel as though a part of me, of all New Yorkers, has been stolen. I just keep thanking god that my fiance had to go meet a client in westchester in the morning. If not she would have been at her office...which is across the street from the WTC.

16. Polonius

Polonius Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2001
    I send condolences and prayers from Berlin, Germany. I am deeply shocked by this terrible act of inhumanity. The thoughts of all german Star Wars fans (and of all german citizens) are with you. Like chancellor Gerhard Schroeder (our predident) said: Germany stands at your side.

Polonius
    StarWarsBerlin

17. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I know I speak for all my fellow FanForce USA - NorthWest fans when I extend my deepest sympathies to all the souls touched by this tragic turn of events. Those of us in Portland, Seattle and elsewhere are all here for anything, however small, we can do to help. I know my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I would like to share the words that have been swirling around in my head since I watched my TV helplessly as the towers fell to the ground.

"May the Lord bless you and keep you; May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace."

18. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Again, from your neighbors in FanForce Boston, our condolences.

A quote from Babylon 5 that I feel is appropriate "May God go between you, and all the dark places where you must walk."

Force be with you, all.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    "The scum who did this don't deserve to live."

No. Please don't say that. A great tragedy has happened, but more deaths will only make things worse. If you harbor hatred in your heart, you will be the one who suffers from it the most. Focus instead on what we can do to stop hatred, not further it.

I am praying for peace. I hope you will all accept my prayers.

20. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    beautiful line from a great show... thank you!

(that was for Grand Admiral Reese)

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    From Pittsburgh: Our thoughts and prayers are with you. The bravery and grace that the citizens of New York displayed during this most terrible tragedy is most admirable.

May the Divine Spirit Bless and Keep you in this dark hour.

22. oogiboogi

oogiboogi Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    From, Orlando Florida. I and my family continue to pray for everyone involved in this sad atrocity. NY, your in my thoughts.
    :(

23. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I just got home from being out of town and am relieved to see you posting, MOTS. I was worried about you, Chris, and Zippy. I'm glad you're OK.

I got to stand on top of the WTC when I was 14. Hard to believe it's not there anymore ...

My uncle sent me this:

'Remember Nostradamus? This is too weird.

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
    From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
    The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
    Fire approaches the great new city...
    There will be a great thunder,
    Two brothers torn apart by chaos,
    While the fortress endures,
    The great leader will succumb,
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning."

-Nostradamus'

Everybody pray for no war!!!

:(

24. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I am sorry, I cannot in good conscience pray for no war. We need to ensure that American lives are safe as it is plainly obvious right now that they are not. The President and Congress are right to view this as an Act of War. These terrorists declared war on us years ago, it's time we fight them and win.

Instead, I continually pray for the families, friends, coworkers and all who have been touched by this unspeakable tragedy. I pray for the rescue work that continues and I pray for no further acts of violence.

25. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    I post from Paris, France.

We all feel Americans today.

One of my best friend is American and live in NYC. He was at the WTC 20 minutes before the first crash. He saw the second one...

All my condolences........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.