main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The version on the poster *is* the Mark Ruffalo-based Hulk design.

Asked about the creature's physical size, which has fluctuated across the comics and films, Feige says "He?ll be about the same size he was in 'The Incredible Hulk' [9 feet tall] or maybe a little bit smaller. His muscles won?t be quite as cut. We figure he?s been the Hulk now for a few years and his physique is changing. He?s not as cut or as ripped as he was in 'The Incredible Hulk.' The most important thing is that face. As you can already see in that concept painting, it is ? more than any Hulk that?s ever been done in live action ? a Hulk that let?s you see the actor in there. You will be able to see Ruffalo in there."

Feige admits the previous approach, which was to actively avoid portraying Hulk's face akin to the actor, was an approach that he and the company "came to question". Feige says "we did a few designs that put Ruffalo into it, and we immediately saw how much more you feel for the creature. When you keep that connection going between Banner and the Hulk and you have characters around him trying to reach Banner inside."

Also:
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance pics

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    First Hulk didn't look like Bana. 2nd Hulk didn't look like Norton. Despite what they're saying, I'm not going to expect this Hulk to look anything like Ruffalo. This poster doesn't do much to change my mind.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect it'll be more obvious in motion.

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Why are they using Cage for Johnny Blaze again, if this is not a "sequel" to the first Ghost Rider movie?

5. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    [image=http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/c/60/4e2c46d943fab/detail.jpg]

The version on the poster *is* the Mark Ruffalo-based Hulk design.

Man, I am just not seeing Ruffalo in there at all, and (for what it's worth) I've worked as a portrait artist and a comics illustrator. To my eye that pic looks like the Hulk as drawn by the Marvel Bullpen c. 1970-1980.

Whatever! Either way I'm happy. If they want to kid themselves that this Hulk looks like the actor playing Banner, so be it. So long as Hulk smash, Merlin am happy. :D

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    IIRC, it's because they would not have been able to get it green lit without his name attached before the rights reverted to Marvel.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Awesome! As long as it has Rocket Raccoon I'll be pleased.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some location photos and videos from Cleveland from Avengers: Kabooms!

Avengers Delays Runaways

Screenwriter Drew Pearce says that due to "The Avengers" taking priority at Marvel Studios, the film adaptation of the comic "Runaways" was essentially put on hold for a year.

The comic follows five Los Angeles teens who form their own fringe super-team when they learn their parents are actually members of a big-time supervillain cabal called The Pride.

"Basically, ?The Avengers? came along and everything else at Marvel got put on hold for a year. But the script is there, we?re good go. It?s kind of like [being] at the airport when you?re waiting for your slot to take off with Marvel, and we?re hoping we get a slot next year. Fingers crossed. They?re very happy with it, so hopefully it happens" said Pearce while speaking at Empire?s Big Screen fest in the UK over the weekend (via The Playlist).

Peter Sollet ("Nick and Norah?s Infinite Playlist") was set to direct the project and remains attached at present.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Spirit of Vengeance Trailer

Looks a lot better so far...and while I've never even considered the mechanics of that last scene...once it is seen, it cannot be unseen...

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    But the most epic exchange comes at the end, as Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) is behind a bar counter, mixing himself a drink. He describes his teammates: "Let's do a head count. We've got a couple master assassins, a demigod, and a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend" - that'd be Black Widow and Hawkeye, Thor, and Captain America. It's then that we learn Stark is talking to Loki: "And you, big fella, have managed to piss off every single one of them."

To this, Loki responds, "I have an army." Stark's eminently quotable and awesome response? "We have a Hulk."

More footage descriptions from io9

14. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
  15. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The Wolverine script by Christopher McQuarrie, which had been praised by Hugh Jackman as "fantastic, the best we've ever had" and by Chris Claremont as "brilliant", is being re-written by Mark Bomback, the auteur behind such scripts as Live Free or Die Hard and Race to Witch Mountain. From the sounds of it, it will now be more of a sequel to Wolverine rather than the essentially stand-alone story that Aronofsky was going to make.

Interestingly, it looks like both McQuarrie and Bomback have also worked on the next Bryan Singer picture, Jack the Giant Killer. I wonder if there was a collaboration -- from a glance at the IMDB page, it looks like in that case McQuarrie may have rewritten Bomback's script.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Trailer for Captain America BD.

Has some glimpses at Avengers, as well as the next Coulson One-Shot (looks like he finally gets to kick some ass!).

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0016/0131/the-avengers-pic05_gallery.jpg]

Guess she was holding that one in for awhile.

[image=http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0016/0119/the-avengers-pic02_gallery.jpg]

"Huh. Downey makes that much, huh? Stacking them like that kinda seems like he's rubbing it in, doesn't it?"

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  19. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Fantastic. :) It's about time.

20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    The trailer. Didn't give me goosebumps. I really hope this movie works.

21. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I got goosebumps. I wish they had used a different music track but whatever..... It still made me excited. :cool:

22. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Not bad. The stuff blowing up in the street with people running away from it felt like deja vu from the Green Lantern trailer though.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Very good teaser- I like that they're still keeping the nature of Loki's ally under wraps, and we get some good Cap/Stark banter as a good Stark/Banner quip (though I really hope the full trailer down the road has the "We have a Hulk" exchange).

Also dig the music choice, as that's probably my favorite NIN song (Marvel's been making some great-but-unusual trailer music chocies lately... Shoot to Thrill for IM2, Tool for Cap, now NIN for Avengers).

Though that initial "trailer gong buzz" was very Transformers/Inception-ish, and the military glimpses early on with the explosions and "be ruled" dialogue might almost make you think it was a TF movie, but that is quickly dismissed as the SHIELD stuff starts. But that's a minor nitpick.

24. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Patty Jenkins (Monster) to direct Thor sequel. The film has been pushed back from July to Nov. 15, 2013, so as not to compete with Disney's big summer movie The Lone Ranger.

I'm not familiar with her work, but she can't be worse than some of the other rumored contenders!

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Avengers Sequel Plans Discussed

...with Feige saying that the upcoming "Iron Man 3" will "be the first of what we sort of refer to as phase two of this...saga that will culminate, God willing, in Avengers 2."