main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx You'll laugh, You'll Cry, You'll wonder why!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Diesel_Dave, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    This is too funny. Check This out

I've set out on a mission to find it!

2. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    shouldn't be too hard to find.

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I'll run. [face_laugh]

Believe me, you do NOT want to see this. Just ask Void.

4. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    He He! I found it... Let the torture begin.

Kinda funny that I don't remember this. I was 9 when it came out.
    It really is pretty bad. One can see what happens when TV execs get involved in the creation process!

edit: It's in AVI divx format. 320x240 2 parts

5. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Oh, this flick is worth the chance to see once! Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't love SW enough.

:-&

6. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I've got it, same files. I've already burned them to VCD. I was going to bring it on saturday last week but I forgot. I'll have it on the 4th party though

7. spacyway

spacyway Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    Has anyone seen Hardware Wars? I haven't seen it, was wondering if it is good enough of a spoof do buy on DVD for $20. GL called it "My favorite spoof".

8. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    "Hardware Wars" is hilarious!! I don't know if I'd pay $20 for it, but that might just be because I don't have $20 to spend right now. :D It's definitely worth seeing, though.

I'm personally wanting a copy of "George Lucas In Love."

9. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I don't know if I'd spend 20 credits for it. but I'd burn a copy for you. I have the Mpeg. It's 137MB. Way to big to e-mail. I would just have to remember to bring it to an event 4 ya'

10. spacyway

Apr 5, 2002
    That would be awesome DD. And I can burn you a CD or VCD with all of the AOTC trailers, commercials, and other things (About 30 vids,200mb) if you want. I'm also working on a VCD with the AOTC ABC's that was in the UK. I for sure will be at the next meeting, and possibly at the TTL event. I'll PM you when I find out.

11. liquido

May 16, 2002
    Hardware Wars is worth seeing. Is the DVD the original theatrical release, or the special edition that went straight to video?

12. spacyway

Apr 5, 2002
    liquido, The ad for it came with the science fiction book club newsletter.-On the front of the DVD, it says "Collectors Edition" and "The Original". The description says "The farce is back--bigger and better than ever! Laugh out loud at the award winning 1977 sht Star Wars creator George Lucas calls..."My favorite Spoof". This special edition DVD features the original, uncut version, plus an hour of new, zany surprises including a never-before-seen director's cut, commentary, and prequel."

So it is the original.-is that good or bad?

13. liquido

May 16, 2002
    Oh the original was great. I remember seeing it with a double feature of Clue and Young Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid. I loved it.

The special edition was cute in that it added computer effects shots that spoofed the A New Hope Special Edition computer animation shots.

I haven't ever seen a prequel before, so maybe they've added that in as something new to get people to make another purchase of the same movie.

14. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
  15. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Good ol' Oggy Ben Doggie, member of the venerable Red Eye Knights!

They must have known about Obey Wan's "drinking problem" even then.

In my opinion one of the best fan films ever made. In fact it made the genre.

Liquido , You saw it with Clue and Young Sherlock Homes? Didn't those films com out much later (mid 80's)? Must have been one of those summer matinee specials. I would have loved to have seen it in the theaters but alas only on TV back in the 70's and the video I bought.

16. liquido

May 16, 2002
    Yeah, it was one of those summer matinees at the Maryvale Mall movie theatre. It was the first time I saw Hardware Wars. Around the time I became a teenager I kind of realized that it must have been originally filmed in the late 70s, but to this day I don't know how it was originally released.

17. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    It spread via word of mouth. I saw it as a child in a library

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.