main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Jedi CCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Yarua Of Kashyyyk, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    It seems everyone here so far is a Star Wars CCG player. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them...I've played it a few times, and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I think I've come in too late to start collecting it. So nautrally I got caught up in Young Jedi.

Are there others here who play YJ? What decks are you currently using? More importantly, are they winning? :) Should I have not posted this thread for fear of the whole "SWCCG is so much better than YJCCG" debate (which I think is a load of rubbish)? ;)

I hopefully look forward to some cool discussions! And finally, "Yay" for a separate CCG forum! :D

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I play Young Jedi and I think it is a great game. Unfortunately I think Decipher waited too long to shake things up on a strategic level. I won't say the game is dead, but I think that Episode II is its last hope. I know that the game is not doing well here in Kashyyyk, but I think that is more due to one of the local gaming stores monopolizing the player base more than anything else. Time will tell.

3. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    woah! ANOTHER new forum! man. I want to post at least one post in every forum, but this is getting harder. I collect YJ, and I've run out of money to spend on it. I have lots of foils though. :D

4. JefferyJedi

JefferyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2000
    I'm just starting to look at the game again. I'm glad they are adding new things to it, even though I'm behind on the expansions.

5. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

May 1, 2000
    I consider myself strange in the fact that I played Young Jedi long before I played Star Wars...it usually seems to be the other way around for most players! :)

I do think that Young Jedi is going along nicely, and I'm looking forward to the release of Boonta Eve Podrace.

6. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Young JEdi will benefit greatly from the presence of Young Jedi Reflections. The foils and new card types may get many players to turn their heads back in the YJ direction. It'll be interesting to see how Jedi Knights will affect YJ's future.

7. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    sorry, I only have a few cards. I've never even played. :(

8. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

May 1, 2000
    Here's some spoilers from RFD...

At Last We Will Have Revenge & Sith Force Push
    Destiny: 3
    ooo Use with Darth Maul. Adds power bonus only if he fights any Jedi. If Darth Maul is not using a weapon, then any weapon used by your opponent in this fight is ignored.
    Combo Battle Card

Dos Mackineeks No Comen Here & Bombad General
    Destiny: 4
    Use with any three <> Gungans. They fight together.
    o Add power bonus to each Gungan. Subtract 2 from the DAMAGE of Boss Nass and Rep Been.
    Double Impact Card

Yoda, Jedi Instructor
    Desinty: 5
    Deploy: 4
    Power: 4
    oo Galactic Senate
    Damage: 4
    oo Adds power bonus to any other Jedi in a duel here.

Yoda, Jedi Instructor will be a foil ? that means it will be in Boonta Eve Podrace.

Boonta Eve Podrace set icon looks to be Sebulba.

9. JefferyJedi

Sep 20, 2000
    Well tonight I played the game for the first time in a long time and we really had a blast. :D

10. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Glad to hear! It really is a fun game. Have you ever tried the alternate rules for it (they were printed in the latest issue of Scrye magazine...which has a YJ deck in it by me btw)? I've heard that that varian is way cool.

11. JefferyJedi

Sep 20, 2000
    I haven't tried those, I'll have to look them up.
    Today we played half a dozen games at work when there was nothing to do on breaks. I used two starter decks at first and kept changing a few cards after every game.

12. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I also play YJCCG it's great fun and with the newest set I believe the game has finally got what it takes to be around for a while.

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    You've played with Reflections already? Cool...;-)

14. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I've got 600. Most of em are swaps, though. I've got 3 foils: C-3PO MODM, Mace Windu's Lightsabre JC and Teemto Pagnalias' Podracer MODM.
    Is anyone selling any YJ cards? If so, PM me!

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Red, you said earlier in this thread that Episode 2 would be YJ's last hope, but I wonder, how can they integrate E2 into the game? YJ is based around 3 planets, with the best 2 of 3 to win idea...now, if E2 adds a couple new planets (which it seems it will be adding at least 1 new one), how could you integrate a new planet into the game? I mean, sure, they could take the new characters or versions of characters and make them just work on naboo, tat. or Coruscant and ignore the new planets i suppose but I don't think it would be right to ignore a planet...oh, i suppose you could have the fourth planet be bracketed with another, so you'd have, for example, Tatooine, Courscant and Naboo/(Episode 2 planet name that i won't type in here as to avoid spoilers) so one could put down either a naboo or a (E2 planet) site as the third planet...that might work I suppose...

oh well, so what the heck did ya mean anyways?::)

16. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, it's the best two out of three, right? So there will never be more than three planets contested. So what's wrong with this person including locations from Coruscant, Naboo, and Tatooine, and the other person having Coruscant and two other Ep2 planets? Remember, there will never be more than 3 planets contested in a game, but the catch is no one knows which ones anymore. This would make deck building quite intersting I think and strategies would have to change as well. The bottome line is, YJ would get a whole lot more unpredicatble which would be an interesting change.

17. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I'm stretching myself as it is with JK starters, I can't afford YJ!

18. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Who asked you :-D

(Read above as "We're trying to keep a POSITIVE light on YJ")

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    true, so they would just get rid of the "you must have one site from each planet" rule, just so long as you have one location from three planets, otherwise you start to restrict the number of purple cards you can have in a deck, which hurts your capacity for starship battles, so, I guess it would work so long as they dump that rule

20. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Right. The rule change wouldn'r be very hard to remember anyway.

21. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Hmmm...I just don't see that happening. The way that they have YJ set up is so that each character card gets bonuses for a certain planet and that you get the chance (with both players getting having the same 3 planet location in their decks) to use those bonuses even if the other player is the one who selected the planet to play on.

I could see a duplication of YJ for Ep 2 with only Ep 2 planets, but I think that trying to incorporate Ep 2 into the current YJ universe will only water it down rather than give it a boost. Only my opinion though. :)

Spud

22. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Ok, for those of you out there who are rules gurus and happen to be in the know about YJ here's a question for ya.

Scenario:
    There is a new planet on the table and both sides have deployed effects from their reserve decks. The DS has deployed The Duel Begins. The DS has Darth (insert adjective here) in hand.

Question:
    DS deploys their Darth face down. Do they loose the effect to search for a fitting lightsaber at this time or when the card is turned face up at the beginning of their next turn?

Merci beaucoup,
    Spud Le Hutt

23. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    You cannot use the effect if you deploy Darth Sidiou/Maul hidden. They must be deployed face-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.