main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Your Comic Folder

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    At the moment I'm reading a lot but I'm going to start dropping soon.

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman: Legends of thre Dark Knight (when it interests me)
    Catwoman
    Robin
    Nightwing
    Green Lantern (may be dropped in the coming months)
    Superman (will be dropped after current arc)
    Action Comics (will be dropped after current arc)
    The Book of Lost Souls (it's on hold to October, though- then new ones appear again)
    Amazing Spiderman
    Green Arrow

I'm also readin' a couple of mini series.

2. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Oh geez... Okay, here we go... Teen Titans, Outsiders, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Superman, Action Comics, 52, JLA (when its out again), Flash (when its out again...), Ion... Wow, I think that might be it... I pick up Checkmate and Bludhaven every once in a while...

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Nothin wrong with stickin to the Ultimate Universe. That's how I got back into comics a few years ago. My current pull box includes

Astonishing X-Men
    Civil War
    Civil War: Frontline
    Exiles
    New Avengers
    New X-Men
    Squadron Supreme
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Star Wars: Rebellion
    Star Wars: Legacy
    Ultimate Fantastic Four
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Ultimate X-Men
    Ultimates 2
    Walking Dead
    Wolverine: Origins
    X-Factor
    Y: The Last Man

4. one_armed_scissor_14

one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Where are Uncanny X-Men and X-Men, Darth Lando?

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    :oops: I knew I forgot something!

6. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Recently I got back into comics. The shop I went to after my old shop closed hosed me on never getting my pull box right. Missing issues, totally wrong books and even trades in my folder, etc. if it could apply, I'm sure. Recently I tried again with them after a two year absence, and an expensive binge of online buying of Star Wars back issues I missed. (Never mind Ultimates and some 80's nostalgia titles. Oy.) They failed me again with two out of three missed comics the first month. I said all Star Wars and they missed two out of three. Really, it's a well known logo, how hard is it to mess up? Two weeks later I go back in and I find the missing issues on the shelves finally, but not in my folder. I give up on them for good. Now I'm going to try another place down south I just found out is actually about the same distance away, despite seeming to be 50 miles away. I have a good feeling about this place, so I'm going to load up the box right away:

Runaways - I try to steer clear of 616, but this is just good all around.

Invincible - I like what I've read so far, but the recent return to space played out goofy and weird.

Star Wars Legacy - blegh. It may turn out good, but I don't have much hope so far. Oh well, I have every freaking thing else. [face_plain]

Star Wars Rebellion - Pretty good so far, but I expect the Tank arc to be a bit of a bust in the end. Time will tell.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - this is total quality thus far. Good art, good characters, good humor, and good drama. It gives me a Runaways in space vibe now and then, probably due to how closely together I read both.

Ultimate Spider-Man - Clone Saga's good stuff so far. Some recent stuff has been lacking, glad to see things picking up again.

Ultimate X-Men - Good, but not great right now. I don't like what they did to Rogue really. Other than that I'm anxious about how they handle Phoenix. It could turn out great, or be as bad as any other Phoenix happening.

Ultimate Fantastic Four - Land and Miller are leaving? Sign me up!

Ultimates - This is probably bi quarterly right? It's good, but good god release more than one issue a year.

And whatever miniseries or one shots pop up dealing with any of the aforementioned comics. (Where's volume 2 of Ultimate Iron Man blast it?)

I'm interested in finding more super power stuff, but I want to stear clear of the really big names just because of how complex their lives and books are. I used to steer clear of their universes totally, but Runaways changed my mind. I have no idea where to begin though.

-P!-

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I've only recently started buying issues, I limited myself to SW trades before that.

Just the two Marvel crossovers at the moment. When that's over I might continue with some of the series if they impress me. Maybe Thunderbolts or New Avengers at this rate, though New Avengers.

I've bought Legacy 0-2 as well but I may wait for the trades of that now, like I have for all my other SW comics.

8. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I'm buying way too much stuff now.

Astonishing X men (AXM)
    Civil War x men (CWXM)
    Unncanny x-men (UXM)
    Amazzing Spiderman(AMS)
    Fantastic Four (FF)
    Squadron Supreme (ss)
    Civil War
    New Avengers (NA)
    Eternals
    Red Sonja
    Star Wars legacy
    Star Wars (Kotor)
    Star Wars rebellion
    Civil War Young Avnegers/Runaways
    Capatain America
    Ironman
    Wolverine
    Wolverine Origins
    Battle Star Galactica

While not a comic, i do get it from my comic shop:
    Star Wars Insider

9. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    UPDATE TIME!

DC:
    Batman
    Green Lantern
    Justice League of America

MARVEL:
    Astonishing X-Men
    Civil War
    Civil War: Frontline
    New Avengers
    Ultimates 2
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men
    Young Avengers

DARK HORSE:
    Star Wars: Legacy
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Star Wars: Rebellion

To call some of those monthly though is an insult to the calendar.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    To call some of those monthly though is an insult to the calendar.

[face_laugh]

That's so true, too!

11. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Right now it's only 52 and anything civil war. Oh and Eternals but that is all the cash flow allows.

dkt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.