main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite inaccurate Prequel "spoiler"/rumor?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MechanicalAnimal, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MechanicalAnimal

MechanicalAnimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Anybody remember the few years before TPM was released, and the Internet was clogged with rumors and fake spoilers that, looking back on them after being informed by the real Prequels, were stupid or just plain wrong? I sure do. Here's one I dug up from MF.com:

Spy Report: 7/24/97 - The designers at ILM have been working on final designs for MANY DIFFERENT Dark Sith Lords. Apparently the recurring theme is that of the Darth Vader-style helmet. They all seem to have the same curved helmet with different masks and space-suits/uniforms. There are 12 different designs for 12 distinctly different characters. These 12 sith lords might possibly correspond to the rumor about the 12 Yodas. From what my source has been able to tell, these 12 sith lords are kind of the guardians of the force. The "Supreme Court" of the Jedi, if you will. They act as a panel that regulates the Jedi and punishes dark Jedi. These Sith Lord costumes are merely uniforms; not mechanical prosthetics as in Vader's case."

Also, I have to say the bit about the "Sith witch" was actually pretty cool, and I'm glad to see the design reused in the EU in the form of Asajj Ventress. Of course, Darth Maul was much, much cooler.

2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Actually, it was Dooku who replaced the Sith Witch idea. That's an interesting spy report, though. That the Sith Lords were actually part of the Jedi order was a cool idea!

Jedi and Sith - they're all the same
    /LM

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEV

GRAND_MOFF_KEV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2004
    Darth Kimball!

4. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    My favorite wrong spoiler was recently over Episode three over the teaser poster. There was a huge thread on 3sa about how this teaser poster was the real one, and a lot of us knew it was not. All the people who thought it was the real one were like you are going to owe us an apology when we are right and then they wrong and the real one came out.

5. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I seem to remember rumors of a love triangle between Obi-Wan, Anaikn, and Padme for AotC.

glad that didn't happen.

6. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I heard this ridiculous rumor early on that Queen Ambidala and that little Anakin kid would fall in love and - oh wait. ;)

I think I heard somewhere that Vader would appear in AOTC. Well, that turned out to be partly correct...

7. jeajon126

jeajon126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    The rumor that Obi-Wan and Darth Maul were brothers. Wonder what would have happened if this was included..

8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Apperance of flamesaber in AOTC.
    [face_laugh]

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I don't like inaccurate rumors, mostly because they're annoying and inaccurate.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    But in retrospect, they are *hillarious*

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    After I saw TPM my brother said that Jar Jar was Luke and Leia's mother.I believed him because jarjar's gender is never made exactly clear

12. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Maul commin back.

:)

13. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    I remember reading something about Ric Olie being a Han Solo type character who takes Anakin under his wing and teaches him to be a great pilot. Episode I was going to follow their adventures flying around the galaxy in Ric's ship and somewhere along the way they meet Obi-Wan. I was actually a bit disappointed when this turned out not to be true because I was looking forward to seeing this version of Ric. He seemed cool. The only thing from that rumor that made it into the movie was that Ric was the pilot and that scene of him showing Anakin the controls.

14. obiwan122586

obiwan122586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2003
    I vividly remember when the spoiler that Anakin didn't have a father and was a virgin birth leaked out; it was dismissed by a lot of people. So, that's only funny because it was actually true.

Another rumor I kinda remember (though I'm not sure for which movie) was that Natalie Portman would have a nude scene. Well, that's one that can be easily shot down by anyone who's at all familiar with Star Wars or George Lucas' work in general....

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    The 12 Sith Lords/Yodas sounds an awful lot like the Jedi Council...

16. inkswamp

inkswamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I try my best to avoid spoilers, but I caught one of these fakes from some source I don't recall now. Presumably some of you may have heard this too. It was prior to AOTC and claimed that the clones in the title referred to some Sith-created clones that were "blood doped" to give them unnaturally high levels of midichlorians so they could be rapidly trained to attack the Jedi. I guess that would have been a halfway workable idea, but I'm sort of glad that didn't turn out to be the case.

17. Nyrojip_Offee

Nyrojip_Offee Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    I remember there was a lot of talk (and fanart) regarding a love triangle between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme. :p

18. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I was really fond of the rumor that Dooku would be bringing a fleet to attack Coruscant toward the end of AotC. I'm glad I may get to see something like this. [face_devil]

19. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    I don't remember many "spoilers" for episode I, but I remember a while back people speculating that Darth Sidious would have a black lightsaber for episode III. I'm glad that's not true though, according to the trailer.

20. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I don't have a specific inaccurate rumor, but I do think it is interesting that two versions of TPM exist in my head: the one I imagined in the months before its release (fueled by reading Internet rumors and the descriptions on Taco Bell toy boxes), and the movie that actually came out.

To this day, it is difficult to match up the warm feelings I felt while watching the first teaser with the movie I actually saw.

21. LandoSystem1138

LandoSystem1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2005
    That there was Podracing in AOTC, and people were actually mad that there wasn't. Morons.

22. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    But there *was* podracing. On a video screen at the Outlander Club.

We all have the Official Site to thank for that exaggeration. Someone asked if there was podracing in AOTC, and they answered "Yes."

They weren't lying, but man, what a way to get people's hopes up!

23. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    Yoda farts.

24. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I remember one about 3po having the brain of a jedi in his head.
    Also that in episode 2 Boss Nass was the senator for Naboo.

25. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    Wasn't there a rumor that Boss Nass was supposed to begin AOTC by saying "War!" (to contrast with "Peace!", his last line in TPM)?

Not sure if this was a rumor, or something that vanished with script changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.